[ISO] High CBD strain

I second the seedsman but cream and cheese 1:1 is the best I have found. They post test data of 18%:20% if you believe that. Dr seedsman is 30:1 basically hemp no THC. Depending where you are I have a very nice keeper pheno that yields big cheesey buds. I typically pay if forward for free due to it being such a good med strain. I have a few seeds left as well if you got a trade you want to throw up.

PuffTheMagic

Super Active Member
I second the seedsman but cream and cheese 1:1 is the best I have found. They post test data of 18%:20% if you believe that. Dr seedsman is 30:1 basically hemp no THC. Depending where you are I have a very nice keeper pheno that yields big cheesey buds. I typically pay if forward for free due to it being such a good med strain. I have a few seeds left as well if you got a trade you want to throw up.
I'm down to trade but I dont have much to offer from personal chucks... got Mikado IBL and Sour Leda F2.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
@AZHomeGrown420 - something to consider. A "1:1" could be a 5%/5% and still meet the packaging requirements. There's also nothing saying that each pheno in the pack is gonna be 1:1. And in most cases you have a fire strain that has been watered down with hemp. If you need to get CBD it's probably better to grow something that'll gove you 30% CBD - then grow a Chemdog next to it and mix them later ;)

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
@AZHomeGrown420 - something to consider. A "1:1" could be a 5%/5% and still meet the packaging requirements. There's also nothing saying that each pheno in the pack is gonna be 1:1. And in most cases you have a fire strain that has been watered down with hemp. If you need to get CBD it's probably better to grow something that'll gove you 30% CBD - then grow a Chemdog next to it and mix them later ;)
I agree. I've never understood why anyone would want to grow a "1:1 strain" from seed. IMO, you are better off getting quality CBD genetics and combining the flower or concentrate from those with quality THC genetics.

PuffTheMagic

Super Active Member
I agree. I've never understood why anyone would want to grow a "1:1 strain" from seed. IMO, you are better off getting quality CBD genetics and combining the flower or concentrate from those with quality THC genetics.
I never really thought about the 1:1 strains being so low in percentage. I haven't done a lot of research into this yet.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I never really thought about the 1:1 strains being so low in percentage. I haven't done a lot of research into this yet.
I have a pack of "advertized" 1:1 that I thought was a good idea. I have some of the flower I have used in edibles and smoke. If it worked, how do I know what worked so I can repeat it? Did I get a 15:1 plant or a 1:15 plant - or was it a high % 1:1?

It's the fact that they took a known CBD plant, and a known THC plant, then sell the hodgepodge of the mix. If they have a medical specific company (Hoku?) that selects for and tests for those other canabinoids it's best to select from the medicine cabinet what you want. CBD, CBG, etc. and get the best of that you can find. Then grow out your favorite face punch weed and find the right mix and know what worked and what didn't.

I got mine from TH Seeds on the cheap so it wasn't a big deal. but I have no faith that they tested it to ensure I got what I think I got. Adam Dunn is a tool.

PuffTheMagic

Super Active Member
I have a pack of "advertized" 1:1 that I thought was a good idea. I have some of the flower I have used in edibles and smoke. If it worked, how do I know what worked so I can repeat it? Did I get a 15:1 plant or a 1:15 plant - or was it a high % 1:1?

It's the fact that they took a known CBD plant, and a known THC plant, then sell the hodgepodge of the mix. If they have a medical specific company (Hoku?) that selects for and tests for those other canabinoids it's best to select from the medicine cabinet what you want. CBD, CBG, etc. and get the best of that you can find. Then grow out your favorite face punch weed and find the right mix and know what worked and what didn't.
So what you are implying is that most of the advertised 1:1 strains are F1's not an IBL?

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
So what you are implying is that most of the advertised 1:1 strains are F1's not an IBL?
I'm saying that if I am buying it specifically for medical benefits I want it from a seed vendor that specializes in and has perfected getting the highest CBG (ie.) out of a cultivar through breeding and selectioon.

Not Adam Dunn saying - "well, my Sage is popular, lets slap a CBD on it and it should be 50/50 right?" ;)

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Not Adam Dunn saying - "well, my Sage is popular, lets slap a CBD on it and it should be 50/50 right?"
But before I put more thought into it that was good enough to set the hook for me so it is what it is. I think it was a $30 5-pack.

PuffTheMagic

Super Active Member
Is there any company offering lab testing yet to home growers or do we have to purchase our own equipment. Is there a vendor that make anything for a smaller scale lab?