Is this to good to be true?

shimz

vapest
Sure looks good. I like the added red. Impossible to say if those are legit diodes so you takes your chances.

badmofo529

Insanely Active Member
I might be reading the description wrong, but that price looks like it's for one 288 diode board. And if that's the case they are way too much for China boards.

Even if it's for 2 I would rather have the piece of mind that the diodes are real by getting hlg or atreum boards. You can get a pair for 150-165 ish.

TitoM

Super Active Member
Sure looks good. I like the added red. Impossible to say if those are legit diodes so you takes your chances.
I found one with two rows of red in them but yea that's y I was asking just seams to good.

TitoM

Super Active Member
I might be reading the description wrong, but that price looks like it's for one 288 diode board. And if that's the case they are way too much for China boards.

Even if it's for 2 I would rather have the piece of mind that the diodes are real by getting hlg or atreum boards. You can get a pair for 150-165 ish.
Where is this at ?

badmofo529

Insanely Active Member
Two of These is $150 plus 60 for the driver and its not shipping from China. If you want the added reds, it's probably better to add some star boards with xp-e2's. You could add them later if you desire. I doubt the epistars that are added to those are very efficient

Armdog

RDWC GROWER
So I'm looking for a new light. I need something I can run during the summer it gets hot here and I don't have ac in my growbox. I think quantum boards should work if I run them at night. My Q is is this a good light i think it's to cheap to be real samsung led https://www.ebay.com/itm/Real-power-240watt-Board-led-grow-light-samsung-LM301B-3000K-660nm/233157054606?hash=item36493e508e:m:m3-VsQAQCg1RFZe_qp35GhA
Thanx for taking a look
I have 2 of the 260 quantum boards each pulls 288 watts from the wall. I bought them from HLG Scratch and Dent for $150 each and had to buy the driver which was $65 each board or you could buy 1 driver to run both. 1 is the new Samsung 288 v2 boards and 1 is the 288 v1 board and they are real good producers. I did have to assemble them myself but it is real easy. Nugs are super big and dense as hell. One of mine is 3500k v1 model and one v2 model 3000k. The v2 boards you cannot get 3500k. I would try to buy from well known source. On full power they put out very little heat compared to cobs or other lights,. Hope this helps

TitoM

Super Active Member
Thanx a lot guys I'll look into hlg I rather pay a little extra and get some crappy s***

Armdog

RDWC GROWER
I have 2 of the 260 quantum boards each pulls 288 watts from the wall. I bought them from HLG Scratch and Dent for $150 each and had to buy the driver which was $65 each board or you could buy 1 driver to run both. 1 is the new Samsung 288 v2 boards and 1 is the 288 v1 board and they are real good producers. I did have to assemble them myself but it is real easy. Nugs are super big and dense as hell. One of mine is 3500k v1 model and one v2 model 3000k. The v2 boards you cannot get 3500k. I would try to buy from well known source. On full power they put out very little heat compared to cobs or other lights,. Hope this helps
I also added 2 initiator pucks for far red . Runs 15 minutes after lights out during flower. I have always had them so I can't testify to the difference they make but everything is running so good I not risking not using them. When you produce 1.75 to 1.85 Gran's per watt you don't want to risk changing anything 😝

Armdog

RDWC GROWER
Thanx a lot guys I'll look into hlg I rather pay a little extra and get some crappy s***
Look for the scratch and dent or Google it. They are over $300 for one QB 266 kit. Which is 2 boards heatsink and driver, do it yourself version.

Armdog

RDWC GROWER
I believe heisenbean bought some for his mom's he keeps. Maybe he can weigh in on this also.
You want the v2 model which I believe is the 302B. Each one of my lights has 2 quantum boards, total is 4. 2 per heatsink.