Is this Bud Rot?

D

Deleted member 60

The brownish on the leaf stem? I dunno if that's boytris or not. Usually...you'll see a very brown guard leaf as an indicator....and a good patch of funky brown shit...... but if you want to be sure one way or another...I'd try pulling a bud off. If it's bud rot it will come from the inside out and the bud will readily pull off. In most cases you will then see fuzzy/brown mold deep down by the stem/the base of the bud.

If it is rot.....you can try to cut it out using scissors dipped in alcohol......but if the conditions still exist that contributed to it in the forst place...it will likely be seen elsewhere. If rain is coming (these appear to be outside?)...I'd be thinking about a trim session...

if not...you may be able to baby them through if you are uber paranoid and very watchful of the problem. Either way...show no mercy. Good luck

baldmountain

Super Active Member
Not outdoor. I cut a branch and took it outside to get a better look under sunlight. (I was planning on cutting the plant today anyways.)

I tried pulling a bud off and it's pretty firm on there. It just seems brown, but not fuzzy.

I'm going to play dumb for now and cut it and put it in a paper bag to dry. (The humidity is 35% here so I need to slow things down.) I'll have a look in a day or two and see if it's gotten worse. If nothing else it's out of my tent.

Thanks for the help! :D

JohnFonda

Tegrity Greenthumb
You are probably cool then. You'd know it/will never forget what it looks like once you spot it. Outside I am super vigilant and on the lookout for the tell tale signs in an attempt to catch it early. I hope nothing shows up........
Hey sticky haven't had the chance to do outdoor so haven't had it but what are some of the signs of the rot from your experience. What's it smell like? Is it just musty or putrid ?

D

Deleted member 60

I never noticed any musty smell...but I can see those brown, dried, crinkly guard leaves every time. It makes yer heart sink. When you look closer you can see the damage/brown fuzz. The bigger the buds...the more danger there is of things going South.

Bodyne

PICK YOUR OWN
I never noticed any musty smell...but I can see those brown, dried, crinkly guard leaves every time. It makes yer heart sink. When you look closer you can see the damage/brown fuzz. The bigger the buds...the more danger there is of things going South.
I think its more of a hay smell than just musty, but Ive had the mispleasure of smelling them both. lol One thing for sure, just when you talk yourself into thinking its just a small spot on one small bud, and start breaking open buds with that brown on the inside, you wanna cry sometimes.

Mr Blamo

Old Timer
Im a big bud grower lol
The key is good ventilation and leave fans in the grow room going 24/7 when they start to pack on weight.
When drying big ass buds use your trimmer to and pull each bud site apart and find a way to dry without hanging upside down. Place a fan on low on the wet buds...doing this really lowers molds aka bud rot. Prolly wont have any ...after that. Keep a eye out that the buds don't dry to fast though.

JohnFonda

Tegrity Greenthumb
If it's cold. Outside.
By guard leaves you are talking about sugars ? Do they start to brown from the edge and tips in ? I had small spots of white cobweb in a few of my large buds last run had to throw away so much to be safe. The leaves did start to appear as they were dying but could have been light burn which could have factored into the mold developing as well. If you could describe the smell how would you? Sorry for all the questions I just like to learn as much as I can and rui and places like that are non educated pissing contests.

D

Deleted member 60

I haven't taken any pictures of the rot I've experienced. I searched around and found a pic of what I'm talking about. I've seen it on the slightly larger leaves as well. They just go dark brown and look dry......but usually they are very soft (and outdoors they are usually wet) and are a conduit for moisture into the bud. I don't know if it starts inside the bud or outside on the surface....but once it is there it is all the way through and sometimes affects the stem as well.

It's all visual to me. I see it...I deal with it...quickly. I mentioned it before...but outdoor guys might want to invest in "Regalia"....a biofungicide...for a preventative. (and you use it for a preventative before you see the rot)

Attachments

JohnFonda

Tegrity Greenthumb
Ok. That looks different for sure than what I experienced. I think it was mostly light burn. Damn long legged lady's. When I can keep mothers I'm gonna scrog them and I think they will produce very nicely.

Bruno8437

Super Active Member
One other thing about bud rot, and I only know this from outdoor grows, is that the when a sugar leave turns brown and will pull off the bud very easily, there is definitely rot in there.

From what you posted, it don't look like bud rot to me.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I'm a newb, but both pics above show what I was talking about. There is nothing but death on the affected area. Definitely no trichomes like in the brown/red stems in the OP