Is pollen pollen ?

Jewels

Bon~Fire
As you are a scientist dude, and a cannabis pollen expert, I have sent you two samples of pollen.

After you took a good look at them you came back with this report:

Sample A - is superior pollen. I can tell that it was grown from a large, immaculate plant, that may have won a few beauty pageants.

Sample B - Is inferior. It was provided by a under size, burnt, starved, lucky-to-be-alive, grown under less-than-ideal conditions, twice reveged, three times frozen, random light cycled , ph rollercoasted,,,,and ,,,some other disadvantages I can't think of right now.

True or false ?

Do you just have to cross the finish line to win?
This is all genetics and DNA right ?
Does a poster boy produce pollen (whereby seed, come bud) any different then a plant that barely survived ?

Highland Rogue

Really Active Member
Excellent topic!

Would pollen from a stressed male differ in what it delivers to future offspring versus a non stressed male ? I hypothesize, yes.

Couldn't find any studies regarding male cannabis, but there is info on studies conducted with animals. Flies, to be more precise.

The DNA structure of the offspring from stressed animals has been shown to be altered versus if stress was limited in the parent stock.
So it's likely a stressed cannabis male might pass on something different than if it were not stressed.

Whether the stress produces positive changes or not, depends on which traits the breeder is hoping to get.

I use trained spider mites to stress my plants "just enough" to get them to produce more resin. Now if I could only housebreak those bud worms and get them to stop shitting in the outdoor bud...:giggle: