Iron issues?

GCG

Dinosaur
Upper fan leaves on my Bounty Hunter have chlorosis and red veins. Lowers still have good color.
She doesn't like alot of water and stays pretty saturated. Im thinking she locked out a little.
Going to let her dry out then feed her and her soil to see it I can get her right again.
Pic of upper (R) and lower (L)
0910191222a.jpg

jpcyan

Really Active Member
Could be. A mild foliar of an Iron/ green up solution on a few leaves, on only one or two plants might give you an indication while you wait to get a bit drier soil. If the lockout is due to an excess of another nute, feeding. watering again might increase the issue.

I'd run a PH test before and after runoff using distilled water on one pot. Not a watering but just a straight run through in one location and drainage point. Just enough to test. See if you are getting a ph drift.

Might help indicate if lockout could be the issue, while avoiding changing the soils levels of any specific nutrient.

Mag deficiency often starts in the middle of plants as well. Maybe test a foliar of that on a separate plant as well. Both Iron and Mag show improvement pretty fast with a foliar application.

Its a mild deficiency so far, but as healthy as those plants look (beautiful), you wanna get it taken care of right now for sure.

Whats your soil and nutes?

GCG

Dinosaur
Could be. A mild foliar of an Iron/ green up solution on a few leaves, on only one or two plants might give you an indication while you wait to get a bit drier soil. If the lockout is due to an excess of another nute, feeding. watering again might increase the issue.

I'd run a PH test before and after runoff using distilled water on one pot. Not a watering but just a straight run through in one location and drainage point. Just enough to test. See if you are getting a ph drift.

Might help indicate if lockout could be the issue, while avoiding changing the soils levels of any specific nutrient.

Mag deficiency often starts in the middle of plants as well. Maybe test a foliar of that on a separate plant as well. Both Iron and Mag show improvement pretty fast with a foliar application.

Its a mild deficiency so far, but as healthy as those plants look (beautiful), you wanna get it taken care of right now for sure.

Whats your soil and nutes?
Roots organic soil and vegamatrix. Already did a ph runoff test, all good there.
Just made an Amp-it foliar feed and misted her down.
Every other plant is fine, its just the BH. It's been waterlogged from jump, I'm hoping thats the cause.
Everything else has been dialed in.
The foliar feed should help but will still flush with ph'd water after she dries a little. Then a good feed and see where Im at.
Appreciate the reply.

GCG

Dinosaur
I'm starting to think its nitrogen. I know thats a common catchall but I'm questioning my nutes now.
First time using vegamatrix, first time with this problem. Start of week 3 really dialed back the grow nutes. I know they don't need as much N as they mature but only added 3ml of Grow per gallon for for last 2 weeks and that's about when this started. I'm used to New Millenium. Equinox 4.7-0-0 is used rhe whole way through at 5 or 6ml per gallon.
Going to make up a gallon with some extra N for the BH and see if that helps.
Foliar spray I used didn't help but didnt hurt either.
Going back to New Millennium for the Wedding Pie, Texas Butter and Snake Oil I'm running next.

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
I'm starting to think its nitrogen. I know thats a common catchall but I'm questioning my nutes now.
First time using vegamatrix, first time with this problem. Start of week 3 really dialed back the grow nutes. I know they don't need as much N as they mature but only added 3ml of Grow per gallon for for last 2 weeks and that's about when this started. I'm used to New Millenium. Equinox 4.7-0-0 is used rhe whole way through at 5 or 6ml per gallon.
Going to make up a gallon with some extra N for the BH and see if that helps.
Foliar spray I used didn't help but didnt hurt either.
Going back to New Millennium for the Wedding Pie, Texas Butter and Snake Oil I'm running next.
Nitrogen is mobile and usually lowers will be worse than the tops. I think your medium is probably heavy as most organic media are straight out of the bag and that causes root problems with this one.

As you already mentioned it doesn’t like much water and that is probably a result of a cycle starts with a waterlogged medium which rots the roots thus decreasing water intake which causes soil to stay wet even longer and that causes even more rot. Fucked up cycle.

I’d focus on the roots with this. If it’s in flowering it doesn’t do much tho. I’d let it dry and water with EM or some other microbial product. But i wouldn’t saturate that pot for a long time. I’d just dampen it with an EM solution.

Just my 2 cents. Not an expert on such problems.

GCG

Dinosaur
Nitrogen is mobile and usually lowers will be worse than the tops. I think your medium is probably heavy as most organic media are straight out of the bag and that causes root problems with this one.

As you already mentioned it doesn’t like much water and that is probably a result of a cycle starts with a waterlogged medium which rots the roots thus decreasing water intake which causes soil to stay wet even longer and that causes even more rot. Fucked up cycle.

I’d focus on the roots with this. If it’s in flowering it doesn’t do much tho. I’d let it dry and water with EM or some other microbial product. But i wouldn’t saturate that pot for a long time. I’d just dampen it with an EM solution.

Just my 2 cents. Not an expert on such problems.
Definitely fucked up my soil on that one with too much water. Addressing it now.
=It's weird though, when I first notice the chlorosis it was upper fan leaves now the lowers are progressing a little faster. The sugar leaves and flowers all look great still.
Got microbial inoculants going with some other beneficial bacteria but next feed I'm going to bump up the Grow from 3-5ml and see what happens.
Good new is, its the only one fucking up on me.

GCG

Dinosaur
@CrimsonEcho
More I look at her, you're spot on, I think its multiple issues all stemming from wet soil and fucked up roots. When I think she's dry the smallest amount of water saturates her again. Fucked her up. She'll survive but going to have to grow her again to what she can do, dont think she's going to hit her potential this time. Liked her morphology too much to not try again. Only 4.5 weeks in on probably 9 weeks, so we'll see. Clearly not optimum.....