Indica care.

Turpman

PICK YOUR OWN
How do you all grow your indica leaning plants?
Im pretty used to stretchy stuff.
Do you just let them do their thing.
The SLHx orange sundae cross i did, i flipped pretty short. I wanted a small plant to work with. Well they didn't really stretch. I have clones so ill let them get a little taller next run.

I have some heisen bubba kushXecsd growing and by the rate of growth they look like they are leaning bubba hard. Slow, big leaves, stockey.
I have been cutting lower fans so I can get some lower branch growth to clone. Haven't touched the tops.

Im guessing leave the top alone, remove a few lower fan leaves to get some side branching is about it.
What do you do?

Heathenraider

Heathen Basterd
Depends on strain , some strains you stay 1 main cola, some multi topped bush , First time I am growing something if I don't have a good scouting report i'll multi top 1 girl and let 1 girl go 1 main cola, Shorter Indicas wont stretch like a sativa , some barely any stretch so u veg it to the size You want and allow some room for stretch . The SBS , same father doubled in size all girls I have ran so far, Bodyne said His SBS stayed rather short as well.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I think more pruning early (secondary shoots) helps. Keep it thinned and trained until you get some spread between your cola, then let-r-go.

I like to either do a manifold, or just top it keeping the 4 shoots from around nodes 3-5 depending on if the node 3 ones look skinny - just because they are "shrubby". If there's not much stretch you don't need to even train them until later. They just naturally poke out in the right direction.

Jewels

Bon~Fire
My silly girl started AND finished @ 8 "

Initially I had a hell of a time cloning it. This may or may not plague you. It was suggested to me, that I take the most robust fastest growing shoots.

Best of luck with the journey ☮

sfrigon1

Seed Aficionado
How do you all grow your indica leaning plants?
Im pretty used to stretchy stuff.
Do you just let them do their thing.
The SLHx orange sundae cross i did, i flipped pretty short. I wanted a small plant to work with. Well they didn't really stretch. I have clones so ill let them get a little taller next run.

I have some heisen bubba kushXecsd growing and by the rate of growth they look like they are leaning bubba hard. Slow, big leaves, stockey.
I have been cutting lower fans so I can get some lower branch growth to clone. Haven't touched the tops.

Im guessing leave the top alone, remove a few lower fan leaves to get some side branching is about it.
What do you do?
Top early and train , most of my stuff is ind Dom. Just don't flip too early some have no stretch

GanjaSnake

I've used a method I call forced stretch. But it does add some time to the cycle. Instead of just going straight to 12/12, if I know the plant don't stretch I'll start them at 15hrs of light for a week, then drop to 14, then 13 for another week or two, then finally to 11/13 once it gets to a good size.

There's not a set time, as it depends on the plants. But doing this can make a huge difference in yield on an indica that just don't want to stretch.

Last edited:

Skunkle Justin

I've used a method I call forced stretch. But it does add some time to the cycle. Instead of just going straight to 12/12, if I know the plant don't stretch I'll start them at 15hrs of light for a week, then drop to 14, then 13 for another week or two, then finally to 11/13 once it gets to a good size.

There's not a set time, as it depends on the plants. But doing this can make a huge difference in yield on an indica that just don't want to stretch.
I always thought that reduces stretch. I’ll definitely give that a shot with my girls I’m running now to see how that goes👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻