hygrometer

Hust17

PICK YOUR OWN
Anyone use those mini hygrometers inside your bud jar? Which brand is most accurate?
I got a 5 pack off Amazon of the round ones and they all were within 1 degree and a few percent RH. I’d say just get the one with best reviews and I’m sure they all have changeable batteries but that too :) I even dropped mine in water and dried it out and it’s all good still. Think the 5 pack was like $20 CAD.

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
Every jar has one. Mostly the black rectangle digitals but I have some round brass cheapies also. The digitals are easy to read, I had 4 out of twenty that were off as much as 2 degrees each way........4 degree spread. The brass ones are harder to read but never need batteries and can be adjusted via a hole in the back.

hhibrownsbacker

Super Active Member
One more thing that helps. Get a Boveda pack and initially put the pack and hygrometers in together in a plastic bag for a few days. It will allow you too see if they are accurate. If not, you can adjust the adjustable ones OR I write the difference on the hygrometer with a sharpie so you know how far it is out and adjust accordingly. Hope that makes sense.

ShysteGrow

novicegrower
One more thing that helps. Get a Boveda pack and initially put the pack and hygrometers in together in a plastic bag for a few days. It will allow you too see if they are accurate. If not, you can adjust the adjustable ones OR I write the difference on the hygrometer with a sharpie so you know how far it is out and adjust accordingly. Hope that makes sense.
Good idea thank you !

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Last week I smoked some one year old Superskunk. Vacuum sealed in a jar with a 62% pack.

The color was various shades of tan to brown, but the smell, taste and buzz were spot on.

As far as long term storage, there's batteries in the hygrometers. Ever seen a battery crap out and start corroding everything?

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
You can get the old fashioned kind that use a dial with whatever makes it work (mercury switch maybe?). I got them for 3 or 4 bucks each at CanadianTire

Those never burst. If you are worried about that wrap them in cling wrap :D

I use the things to affirm my thoughts...because if you do it enough you kind of know when its ready for a vac seal.

JohnFonda

Tegrity Greenthumb
Every jar has one. Mostly the black rectangle digitals but I have some round brass cheapies also. The digitals are easy to read, I had 4 out of twenty that were off as much as 2 degrees each way........4 degree spread. The brass ones are harder to read but never need batteries and can be adjusted via a hole in the back.
I was always weird like I didnt want off gassing or anything from the electronics/lead solder etc in the jar with the herbs. Gonna have to try it next run though.