Hydroponic pH and nutrient availability

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
Weird, only time mine usually drops is if I overfeed them and the ppm raises.
I don't think I've experienced overfeed in hydro yet. Set a new res fill at 850 and epi was at 780 to try and steer the system up. 5.9 ph on both. Next day res is 2 gal lower and ppm 840. Epi dropped to 740. No drift on ph. Figured plants were taking in nutes like crazy so let's push it. Raised epi itself to 900ppm. Next day res 820 ppm, epi 820 ppm 6.0 ph. Let it ride. Next day res 800 ppm 6.1 ph , epi 780 5.9 ph. No leaf tip burn. Res decreases by 2gal every day. Wtf??

Texagonian

Outlaw
I don't think I've experienced overfeed in hydro yet. Set a new res fill at 850 and epi was at 780 to try and steer the system up. 5.9 ph on both. Next day res is 2 gal lower and ppm 840. Epi dropped to 740. No drift on ph. Figured plants were taking in nutes like crazy so let's push it. Raised epi itself to 900ppm. Next day res 820 ppm, epi 820 ppm 6.0 ph. Let it ride. Next day res 800 ppm 6.1 ph , epi 780 5.9 ph. No leaf tip burn. Res decreases by 2gal every day. Wtf??
You found the sweet spot and those ladies are loving it! Good job 🔥🔥🔥

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
this just seams to be the norm for my system after 8 grows.
Maybe all systems are different, regardless of system type? I've read varying things, but generally the ppm numbers that people are mentioning are lower than other systems. I think H mentioned that he runs 600 in veg and 800 in flower.
The auto doser sounds cool, I would love to do that some day.

Armdog

RDWC GROWER
Maybe all systems are different, regardless of system type? I've read varying things, but generally the ppm numbers that people are mentioning are lower than other systems. I think H mentioned that he runs 600 in veg and 800 in flower.
got it on sale for around $150.00 Milwaukee mc122, works great. only one doser but mine either goes up or down not both at one time.

Armdog

RDWC GROWER

$215 on amazon now, but it can be cheaper if you keep looking, makes life a lot easier