Hydro Shops selling Lotus Nutes/KIND LED's

VAHomegrown

Not directly a hydro question but I figured I would get suitable answers here.
-I have noticed with the recent "legalization" in my state a lot of hydro and grow shops have opened but they all carry the Exact line of nutrients, and the same lighting (Lotus + KIND) It's sad that I cannot find a Bonticare, AN product or even the Fox Farms line up at these shops. It's like they have all gotten some deal from the distributor to stock and recommend only these two lines. Does anyone know what's behind this? They are losing tons of money, lots of folks would love to try growing but see their prices and turn elsewhere.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Not directly a hydro question but I figured I would get suitable answers here.
-I have noticed with the recent "legalization" in my state a lot of hydro and grow shops have opened but they all carry the Exact line of nutrients, and the same lighting (Lotus + KIND) It's sad that I cannot find a Bonticare, AN product or even the Fox Farms line up at these shops. It's like they have all gotten some deal from the distributor to stock and recommend only these two lines. Does anyone know what's behind this? They are losing tons of money, lots of folks would love to try growing but see their prices and turn elsewhere.
Botanicare sold out to Monsanto or some other monster. Fuck them. The world of legalization is bringing big-agro out of the weeds. Start figuring out what you want to use now before federal decriminalization. After that you'll need forums like this just to sort through all the bullshit and false advertisement based on bulshit bro-science with "lab result" backing.

If this helps, @Big Perm shared this a while ago. When I need cal-mag plus I have gallons cheap.
Amazon.com : Cal Mag Plus Concentrate Cal Mag Plus Solution"Greenway Biotech Brand" 5 Pounds = 2 Gallons : Patio, Lawn & Garden

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Living soil, worms, compost, and minimal store bought additives - and those from small businesses. It can't be bad.

I'm betting your social media feeds are populated with ads from those same companies?

D

Deleted member 60

Just guessing.....but it's likely that these stores don;t have the jack/capital/stature yet to play with the big wholesale boys like Hydrofarm and Sunlight....so they tag onto Nickel City, Bloomington, and Green Planet (who wholesales the Kind lights and the Lotus powdered nutes)...among others.. because they have smaller minimum $$$ orders/etc. and will deal with most anyone/new start ups more readily.

Just order what ya need online. Competition is keen right now with so many folks (finally) jumping in the mix.

VAHomegrown

I had no idea Botanicare had been sold to those fucks- I will order the Greenway biotech @Big Perm shared.
I wish the local shops even carried worm castings, kelp meal, guano and other organic amendments. I know it takes time to grow inventory but you can buy 2 bulk bags of each and make your return in two or three sales. One shop did put together a soil clinic but he must have brought in soil/amendments from home or somewhere else because he only carries premixed soils from FF.
- I get the local shops social media feeds for the Kind & Lotus almost daily. I don't think these shops follow each other they post the same ads, even though their sales area overlap. The ads may be done automatically by their distributor.
In my opinion pushing the $600 lights will not serve their customer base too well. I've been doing this for many years and yet to spend that kind of money on a single light. You will always have the "Corvette guys" who will start a new hobby and spend big money to get started but 90% of their customer base is better equipped to buy a $200-400 HLG/Mars/ViparSpectra/HPS or similar and then move up to a high-end light. Why they would stock 10 KIND lights when you could keep a variety beats me. Same goes for stocking lots of the expensive Lotus Nutes.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I wish the local shops even carried worm castings, kelp meal, guano and other organic amendments.
Build-a-soil seems to have good quality ammendments. Some they are too proud of, some they fuck you with shipping, but overall it's not bad. Amazon (and really looking into what you're getting) is another option. I like to see if the seller has a real online storefront and also sell on amazon, or if they are just a Chinese bullshit underseller.

VAHomegrown

You’ll have better chances finding those at a regular garden store or even better chances at an organic focused gardening store. There’s an organic gardening store by me that carries all that stuff and he even sells HLG lights.
I'm going to try the place a member mentioned above. It looks very promising, unlike the local stores at this point. These shops were highly taboo around here until recently and I'm sure they will take time to get established.
I have been doing all my ordering online or from a local Co op for a number of years. The Co-op is great but you have to tell them what to order/stock. If you have room to store bulk bags you can really get some good deals. They carry lots of smaller name organic products as well. My area has lots of boutique fruit and vegetable farmers in my area helps ensure they keep a decent selection on hand.

EpicAngel

Truth Seeker
Try your local livestock feed stores.
We went legal last election and one of our country country feed stores started selling a lot of clearly cannabis related equipment eg fox farms soil many different types of nutes bat guano
Cutting cloning Supplies. The fox farm soil is literally half what amazon sells it for (no shipping cost )