Hungry?

Jewels

Bon~Fire
This mystery plant has thrown light green/yellowish new leaves, since the day we met.
downloadfile-1.jpg
Normal with some families? Or strains ?
I get the fear around strong drink, I have never given it more than 500ppm (1 ec )

I have been caring for it since it was 4-5 weeks old.
Has been on 12's for a couple weeks now (Sept 5th)
20190912_232147.jpg
I am afraid to f' with it. It seems just fine. Although, I feel I may be shortchanged if I dont give it a 'push'
20190912_231555.jpg

Just keep ramping it up 50 ppm per feed ?
20190917_224124_HDR.jpg
Appears bottom right.
Other two are same age, on the same feed.

Hydro

PICK YOUR OWN
If it is always showing deficient on new growth, it may likely be an immobile nutrient deficiency (calcium/Boron/Sulfer/Copper/Iron/Magnese/Zinc. Are you using RO water without any additives? Reminds me of a Sulfer deficiency.

Dirtbag

Really Active Member
Id guess hungry, yeah. And like red said probably for something immobile. What's the runoff ppm like? all wacky cause its soil?

If mine, I'd dose it with a quality complete nutrient with full spectrum chelated micronutes at 1.5ec and 6.5ph and see what it does.

Jewels

Bon~Fire
Tap water is just under 200 ppm right now, it will become harder over the winter.
Ph is consistently high 7's

I use a 3 part liquid nute, and I utilize the hard water version of the micro that is wisely offered. The hardwater version drives down the Ph with ammonium (sp?)
I have had the plant for almost 2 months. Growth is good, perhaps 'lil slow. Very narrow spindly fingers, although I assume that is normal.
I also started to add "rootfarm" ph down about a month ago, to drive the Ph down - closer to 6. Growth is faster - exact same colour.

I just had a thought.
20190919_195828.jpg
-No flash
Flash-
20190919_195830.jpg
Clones are same.
Also I realized the other plants in the room are all Indica. They are darker altogether.

Perhaps this plant has different needs?
Am I just seeing a 'Sativa thing' ?

Here again- just assumptions. I say 'Sativa' because, not only is the plant unnamed, I only have strain limited experience.
That is what it looked like , so that is what I started calling it. I am sure many could look @ the photo's, and immediately know more about it that I do.

Last edited:

Jewels

Bon~Fire
1.5ec and 6.5ph and see what it does.
I can tell you, I have never hit a plant that hard.
I value your opinion, I just have fears.

I will be watering @ lights on in about an hour.
I will build some 1000ppm and dilute the first few gulps @ half strength.
If the intial run off comes out below 500,,,
,,,hit 'er at full ?

Dirtbag

Really Active Member
1000 is pretty hot.. I usually max out at 800ppm on the .5 scale on my tds meter. works out to like 1.6ec or something.

I'd say if runoff goes in at 500 and comes out at 500 or less, I'd bump it up to 750ppm.

I was always nervous about full strength feeds too for years, it took me a while to build up to it haha. Not a bad plan to titrate the feedings. It's easy to add more, but hard to reverse overfeeding issues. Could always bump it up slower to say 600, if she takes it and improves try 700ppm. But bear in mind I'm a soiless guy so my advice may not work in true soil with a nutrient load of it's own.

Jewels

Bon~Fire
Erg,,,
You raise another unknown.
The plant showed up, unannounced, earlier this summer. I really dont know what media is in the bucket. Looks like some kinda potting mix. Dries out to a very light wieght. I have been feeding it like the others.
@Dirtbag Thank you, for the most diplomatic math correction. I use ppm in my head; my off the cuff conversion really sucked.
Watering done,,,
In the top : 656ppm @ 6.2 Ph
Out the bottom : 876 @ 6.1 Ph

Ahhh, it gets better all the time.
Did I just Troll myself?
20190919_225028.jpg

20190919_225025.jpg

20190919_225020.jpg

20190919_225016.jpg
I really appreciate your input @HydroRed
I am learning as I go. I try to stay in the middle of the road. Unlike my good buddy Paxton. He encourages me to take risks, by saying things like " for every mile of road,,,there is 2 miles of ditch "

Anywho, they dont look terrible to me. I scalded a few leaves on the mh bulb right @ flip. Helps me keep track of stretch.