Humidity Pack Recommendations

pinner420

Finally on a roll....
Leaves only last so long and can cause mold. As @H.A.F. said…people who claim they steal terpenes don’t know what they are talking about and need to learn to properly dry and cure bud before putting it in long term storage.
I can say if I've overshot a day or two about 4 fan leaves put it back a touch faster in a. Half pound or so. I just recently 2 harvests tried out this method and didn't see any ill effects. As for long term storage i concur so remove spent leaves after they've made their contributions to the rh of your medicine. Not really sure what's in the bovidas chemically but can also say they've never let me down either....

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Not really sure what's in the bovidas chemically but can also say they've never let me down either....
It's just salt water. The trick is the film and paper it's packaged in that lets it both absorb humidity if it's too high, or give off moisture if it's too low. Their packs that are set for different rH percentage probably have a different level of microscopic perforations in the film. I picture it like different micron levels on the extreme scale.

Badddoin

Really Active Member
I use carrots. I put a small hydrometer in each jar. If it’s less than 60%RH, I add a small piece of carrot. If it’s over 65%, I leave the top off for a while or take the buds out and let them dry a little. “Everyone knows” that carrots are good for your eyesight.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I can’t get myself to spend what they want for those bags and their shipping price is ridiculous. I’d be down to try them if they made them more affordable. I have a ton of jars and they last forever. Just have to buy replacement lid plates from time to time and they are cheap.
I still have most of the boveda packs I have ever purchased. If there is liquid still in them they're good. If you dry your weed properly they don't do much but sit there.

D

Deleted member 2835

I still have most of the boveda packs I have ever purchased. If there is liquid still in them they're good. If you dry your weed properly they don't do much but sit there.
You can soak boveda packs in plain water to rehydrate them. You can reuse them multiple times.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
You can soak boveda packs in plain water to rehydrate them. You can reuse them multiple times.
I got to thinking about that, and just tossing them in with wet weed should technically make them absorb it right ;)

But the paper is getting worn on some of them so I am teetering on the edge of buying more. The Boost have that shiny package which would seem to last longer, but trich's stick to them as easy as the boveda's. And being white they start to look nasty even though they are plump.