How to get rid of pets naturally......

Hey outside growers....got a little dilemma. What are some natural products to use on ridding pests like fleas etc... I used a little peppermint oil recently. Reason I ask....I just got a puppy recently and where we live we get hammered with ticks and fleas. Any tricks? Our options are limited being he is a pup.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
I have heard of farmers using old cat liter for mice and other small animals....just curious if there was anthing natural I can use in my yard.
There are some pest control companies who use all natural sprays but I'm not sure how well they work. My wife has "Oh Deer" spray our yard for ticks and mosquitoes pretty often and I'm still constantly picking ticks off my dog and myself.

Oreguhnism

Really Active Member
Rosemary oil
Pepper oil
Neem oil
Karanja oil
Grapeseed oil
Dr bronners soap
Powdered aloe
These last two to help sprays take hold versus using potassium silicate which may irritate lungs.......

You can spread vermiculite aka oil dri aka cat litter [cat litter has additives usually stay away] on the ground but it soaks up water, good for slugs etc maybe mice
Perlite is the same materiel in a slightly diff chemical formula but is hydrophobic

Diatomaceous earth is really cheap but maybe can cause a lung issue like the potassium silicate but more immediate.

Theres more thats just off the top of my head at the moment. I will keep thinkin......!

Rosemary oil
Pepper oil
Neem oil
Karanja oil
Grapeseed oil
Dr bronners soap
Powdered aloe
These last two to help sprays take hold versus using potassium silicate which may irritate lungs.......

You can spread vermiculite aka oil dri aka cat litter [cat litter has additives usually stay away] on the ground but it soaks up water, good for slugs etc maybe mice
Perlite is the same materiel in a slightly diff chemical formula but is hydrophobic

Diatomaceous earth is really cheap but maybe can cause a lung issue like the potassium silicate but more immediate.

Theres more thats just off the top of my head at the moment. I will keep thinkin......!
I know I wont get rid of them all together but I know I can at least lower how many there are. Thanks I appreciate it.

Oreguhnism

Really Active Member
I know I wont get rid of them all together but I know I can at least lower how many there are. Thanks I appreciate it.
Whole heartedly agree! Comprehensively covering all your bases if your willing :) is the only way to go. Most of those things listed can be on the cheaper side of things or even made.

A few other things:
-garlic too.....smash cloves and let soak in water for one week two weeks three weeks, four weeks, lol, however long.
-Shells like hazelnut can be bought bagged and used as a physical protector.
-Predator bugs! Tough outdooors though.......

My puppers passed in the middle of my season last year and she had been with me the 8 years prior every grow season till then. She was my plant guardian from all the f'in cats in my hood. So I made sure to treat her right too, just like them other gals :)

Good luck!!!!!