How Do You Store and Catalog Your Seeds?

SCJedi

Synergist
My collection is nuts and it is time to try and organize them some.

I started with a quart jar with some rice in it. Then it and others were full. Pack sizes range from tubes to pucks to ziplock bags.

I want some kind of seed Rolodex where they are all in there alphabetically by name. The Rolodex need to be sealed for moisture but allow climate control.

I do have a spreadsheet with everything I have so that is a decent start.

Maybe some kind of a sealing Pelican case, or cases?

D

Deleted member 60

Filed neatly and in alphabetical order in a high dollar container in a climate controlled environment....
(tossed the fuck in an old drywall mud bucket in my closet next to the socks and pot "breeder" stickers.....)

DSCN0966.JPG

Greenthumbskunk

PICK YOUR OWN
I use Jars, zip lock bags, little zip bags etc. Anything that will hold seeds. And stick em in the fridge.

Attachments

Cob_nUt

"Justa Ganja Lover"
What about some of those playing card orginizers in a binder? Stick it in a case with silica packs, and into the fridge. Would work for breeder packs I would think, not so much for larger containers or big bags though.
I've been thinking about a binder of these.All these seeds in their own small jewelry zipolocks and pocket if mine, or their own pocket if it is a breeder pack.The binder would then be put into a bigass ziplock or turkey bag with a twist tie and into a mini fridge.

Mr Blamo

Old Timer
I use a big old tin that had cookies in it. Holds lots. I leave my seeds in the breeder packs. Its not sorted though. Packs are loose in it. I have fun going through it because you have to empty it to find what your looking for.
Sometimes you forget what you have lol.
Seeds i breed myself...at the dollar store there are packs of glass vials that have cork lids. I use those to store what i make. I add a little rice to keep the seeds nice and dry.