How Do You Store and Catalog Your Seeds?

Mr Blamo

Old Timer
My collection is nuts and it is time to try and organize them some.

I started with a quart jar with some rice in it. Then it and others were full. Pack sizes range from tubes to pucks to ziplock bags.

I want some kind of seed Rolodex where they are all in there alphabetically by name. The Rolodex need to be sealed for moisture but allow climate control.

I do have a spreadsheet with everything I have so that is a decent start.

Maybe some kind of a sealing Pelican case, or cases?
View attachment 5175
Looks like the case I use for my ghost hunting equipment.

SCJedi

Synergist
Believe it or not, I hit Michael's looking for some kind of bead storage kit and struck out. What I did come home with was a handful of small photo albums that are just about 4x6 or whatever a larger sized print would be. I tore off the stiff cardboard covers and started sliding in my breeder packs. I then stuff that inside Tupperware with some rice.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I have an old costco plastic container with a screw lid that held assorted edible nuts. Now it holds assorted beans.

I am only at around 20 strains though. And they all have the foil pack so i can tell them apart.

Some of you are very organized. My level of organization is not conducive to chucking...most of the time its a photo mystery...any know what bean this is because i mixed them up or i dropped 2 beans and said fuck it etc.

If you have the seed holders maybe a cheap tackle box with the plastic inserts would work great for seeds. And they zip shut etc. A Plano stoaway single tray is 7.50 CDN delivered to my door so they are pretty cheap. And it is 4 to 24 compartments with the dividers included (to use as you need).

Basspro has them cheap and they have adjustable hole sizes. Like the attached pic. You can get just these things or buy them in boxes with 2 to 4 trays. I might do this myself because they are big enough to hold the foil packs too :D

Attachments

Last edited: