How do you Germinate your seeds?

How do you pop your seeds?

• Total voters

PuffTheMagic

Super Active Member
Seed wet, day flipped.
Leaves and pistils are random plant to plant, even in the same pack of seeds. Like with flipping, unless you are severe OCD or have a special purpose for knowing exactly the days. Keeping track of when you got a bunch wet, or flipped a tent, instead of when certain plant specific things happen is a lot easier.

Just me.
I guess in the grand scheme of things 5 days doesn't really make much of a difference, I just find it hard to compare growth performance to other growers when there is so much variability in seed germination times.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I guess in the grand scheme of things 5 days doesn't really make much of a difference, I just find it hard to compare growth performance to other growers when there is so much variability in seed germination times.
If you think about it, how long it takes to pop is all part of the process, some strains are better at it than others. If you want data consistency always measure the same thing - doesn't matter what as long as you know what you're looking for.

If you want consistency without taking notes on every plant, the day you dropped them all in water (or whatever) is much easier to keep track of.

baldmountain

Super Active Member
I used to put them in a cup of water for 24 hours, then a damp paper towel in a baggie until they had a tail and then into soil. But now I just put them in damp Promix seed starter in a solo cup and put them in the corner of the veg tent so they don't get too much light. I get the same or better germination rate and way less fuss.