How Do You Feed Your Plants?

HandsOn

How do you feed your plants?

Do you feed Full Strength every watering?

Do you feed water feed?

Do you feed water, water feed?

Do you feed at half strength every watering?

Do you feed at full strength once a week?

Which is the better solution for feeding in Peat Moss and Perlite at a 50/50 ratio

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
How do you feed your plants?

Do you feed Full Strength every watering?

Do you feed water feed?

Do you feed water, water feed?

Do you feed at half strength every watering?

Do you feed at full strength once a week?

Which is the better solution for feeding in Peat Moss and Perlite at a 50/50 ratio
I’m no expert, but there is no food for the plants in the peat/perlite, so you need to feed every watering, unless you’re flushing at finish.

Most hydro guys go by PPM or EC for nutrient strength, and I’m sure someone with lots of hydro experience will chime in shortly.

Right now, I’m growing in re-used super soil, which I’ve amended with some fresh Super soil and worm castings. I use Remo Nutrients at full strength on a Feed/Feed/Feed/Plain water schedule.

Hogbackmagic

Super Active Member
WELCOME HANDSON
I would go light with nutes at first and let the plant tell you what it wants
now with the peat you may want to neutralize it a little ph in peat is high I beleive
as far as ph keep it 5.5-6.5 and you should be fine never grown in straight peat
I use pro-mix for my mothers and soil when I grow in hydro I keep my ppms anywhere
from 600-1200 parts per million a lot to consider what strain you are growing and lighting
some plants are more forgiving than others so do some research if you are new to this medium
or new to the strain you are growing I hope this helps a little ✌

badmofo529

Insanely Active Member
In a peat perlite mix I would feed with every watering. I don't see a reason to feed water feed ect, unless you are running an amended soil that doesn't have enough in it to go plain water.

HandsOn

WELCOME HANDSON
I would go light with nutes at first and let the plant tell you what it wants
now with the peat you may want to neutralize it a little ph in peat is high I beleive
as far as ph keep it 5.5-6.5 and you should be fine never grown in straight peat
I use pro-mix for my mothers and soil when I grow in hydro I keep my ppms anywhere
from 600-1200 parts per million a lot to consider what strain you are growing and lighting
some plants are more forgiving than others so do some research if you are new to this medium
or new to the strain you are growing I hope this helps a little ✌
Right now we are growing Chem 4

High kev

Yankee seeds
Breeder
2D40E6EB-F676-47AE-A7E2-E71BFA06854C.gif998EFBE2-F053-475B-96A0-49474F3FFDC0.gifI use ocean forest worm castings and promix mixed together. They are basically feeds it throughout veg stage. I also pay way to much and use advanced nutrients. I start a week before flip hit them half dose according to nutrient calculator on their website every watering on the other days I add microbes like mamouth p or cal mag if it is showing signs of them needing it. I keep this up all the way till there’s about two weeks left till harvest And I usually overkill the flush and just use plain to water for the last two weeks before chop . I might be really wrong by doing it this way. Hopefully if I am someone will chime in and correct my noobness. But that’s what I do
😚👌💨

Gweedo

PICK YOUR OWN
If peat is inert i would feed every watering to try and avoid a fluctuating ec, i know thats how im treating my upcoming coco grow, if your watering till you get good runoff then your rootzone should stay in the general area of what your putting in. I run jacks 321 for nutes and do my youngsters at about 350 ppm and then ill slowly ramp it up to a max of about 800 as the plants and the roots progress, and that is in dwc by the way.

Uncle Romulus

madman, scholar
If peat is inert i would feed every watering to try and avoid a fluctuating ec, i know thats how im treating my upcoming coco grow, if your watering till you get good runoff then your rootzone should stay in the general area of what your putting in. I run jacks 321 for nutes and do my youngsters at about 350 ppm and then ill slowly ramp it up to a max of about 800 as the plants and the roots progress, and that is in dwc by the way.
I agree about the peat. It’s about constant nutrient availability not high spikes and then straight water and that.
I do same starting low and getting up to 800-900 max, feeding every watering with a bit of runoff. Much like u would with coco. Out with the old, in with the new. If your peat does not have lots of perlite this does not work tho. Need good drainage

In soil (good soil). Feed water feed when I use any nutrients.

However, I don't prefer to use liquid chemical formulations though, especially after my last experiment. The soil I use is living and if I treat it how it wants to be treated, the plants get the benefits, and then so do I. Living soils are no habitat in my opinion for liquid chemical nutrients. All they will really do in living soil is slow down or kill the good bacteria and good living organisms that are feeding off the soil and feeding the plants as a result. If the soil is living, meaning you have active cultures of good bacteria in there, you want to feed them, not the plants as they are feeding the plants.

I did a little experiment with some FFOF and FFHF mixed together at 50/50 and perlite with that at 80/20. Didn't feed until late veg and when I did the plant really freaked out. Flushed and remedied OK, but decided to do it again to see if it was something else, nope, another major freek out, then realized I was harming the good guys in the soil that the plants had become accustomed to.

Great soil, amendments, top dress, AACT, other teas, etc. is the best for me and my plants.