How did u quit cigs?

Dwnundr

Upside down
I tried and tried and tried again. All different methods. From patches to cold Turkey. In the end it was 'champix' prescribed by my doc that got me off them for good. But I will say this. You have to really want to give up, you need to be totally over it or it just wont work. Was my 3rd try at the tablets, after I was well and truly hating smoking that I was successful. It's harder here in oz for some as most people mix their weed with tobacco most of the time. Lucky for me I've always smoked mine green. But it's hard to refuse a toke on a joint offered by friends because you know it's got baccy in it.

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
I tried and tried and tried again. All different methods. From patches to cold Turkey. In the end it was 'champix' prescribed by my doc that got me off them for good. But I will say this. You have to really want to give up, you need to be totally over it or it just wont work. Was my 3rd try at the tablets, after I was well and truly hating smoking that I was successful. It's harder here in oz for some as most people mix their weed with tobacco most of the time. Lucky for me I've always smoked mine green. But it's hard to refuse a toke on a joint offered by friends because you know it's got baccy in it.
Sounds like my kinda peeps!!
I like the taste of baccy hahahah
I'm sooo ready. I think. Aug 8 I go ask doc about chantix.
I've quit and started so many times. The hardest withdrawals came from the one time that I started dipping. (What a disgusting habit)

For me, drunkenness is probably what sucks me back into cigarettes. I don't drink all the time, not even once a week, sometimes I go months without a drop. However, when I drink, I definitely like to binge drink. I drink to get drunk, not be social, nor for the taste. It's really hard for me to get to a certain point of drunkenness and go without a cigarette, no matter how long it's been since I quit.

The next day I'll be hungover, maybe even somewhat intoxicated still. So, if there's some cigarettes left, why not have one and try to feel a little better? Plus, they're just sitting there, waiting to fulfill their purpose.

Right now I'm at about 1-2 cigarettes per day. However, this shit's terrible for the body and I just don't like it. I'm about to quit... again. I just haven't actually gritted my teeth and put in the effort yet.

Crazy how cigarettes and alcohol are perfectly legal, despite how many lives they impact so negatively and oftentimes fatally while cannabis continues to be illegal in so many parts of the US.

Best of luck to those of you that are trying to quit.

PS: I've found that candy and gum help me out a bit. Caffeine triggers my nicotine cravings. Whenever I'm lounging around and a craving sparks, I've found that getting up and doing something, even if it's just for five minutes, can really help quiet down the urge.
I too have found a change of task and or scenery helps, but I am in the field of contractors who smoke and my wife. So I really gotta be ready for this. ....

Éclair

Thanks to the advice in this thread... I told my mom about it and she got some Chantix from her doc. She's a lifelong, pack a day smoker... so we'll see.
Hopefully she doesn't get the nightmares. Doc told her that those are actually due to nicotine withdraw. So I suggested she just try the meds out for a week first without actually trying to cut back and see what happens... if there's nightmares then it can't be withdraw, right?
My hope for her is that she can just cut back. Because these things rule her life, and make even fun activities stressful (with rapidly disappearing smoking areas in public). She's shockingly healthy for a lifelong smoker, clear lungs and all, but yeah... why push it, right?

Good news is thanks to her (bad) example, I decided never to touch the things. But I try not to be pesky about her habit either like some people do, because it's pretty obvious that stress and pressure just make it harder for her. Now I'm rambling... point was, thanks for the tip guys :D

BerryNice

Super Active Member
Have you tried getting a bunch of the gum but not using it as recommended

I would highly suggest trying him for 3/5 days my way not the recommended

Get a bunch of gum wake up one morning and smoke your last cig and then pop in some gum

Chew it for a few seconds and set it under your lip like a wad of chew

Every half hour change the gum for a new piece don’t worry about what the suggested doses say

If takes the edge off and you smile joints in between and after you eat

I did this it works and I now hate cigs and unless you try you will never know if it work for you

The gum does work just not as they recommend

Good luck after about 2 years of not smoking you start to feel so much better

Try to quit ASAP guys I know it’s hard but it is really a waste of money

BerryNice

Super Active Member
Sounds like my kinda peeps!!
I like the taste of baccy hahahah
I'm sooo ready. I think. Aug 8 I go ask doc about chantix.

I too have found a change of task and or scenery helps, but I am in the field of contractors who smoke and my wife. So I really gotta be ready for this. ....
I had ridiculous dreams on this stuff please look into this

It is not for everyone

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
Thanks to the advice in this thread... I told my mom about it and she got some Chantix from her doc. She's a lifelong, pack a day smoker... so we'll see.
Hopefully she doesn't get the nightmares. Doc told her that those are actually due to nicotine withdraw. So I suggested she just try the meds out for a week first without actually trying to cut back and see what happens... if there's nightmares then it can't be withdraw, right?
My hope for her is that she can just cut back. Because these things rule her life, and make even fun activities stressful (with rapidly disappearing smoking areas in public). She's shockingly healthy for a lifelong smoker, clear lungs and all, but yeah... why push it, right?

Good news is thanks to her (bad) example, I decided never to touch the things. But I try not to be pesky about her habit either like some people do, because it's pretty obvious that stress and pressure just make it harder for her. Now I'm rambling... point was, thanks for the tip guys :D
Its been analyzed that people that try cigs before 16 are alot more likely to smoke.
Also alot higher when parents smoke.
I'm doing this for my babe.
Bad enough I breathe in gypsum, silica, asbestos, and other caustic gases on the daily. Oh and mj hahahaha

Hogbackmagic

Super Active Member
its been a year and a half for me I quit cold turkey I was goin to use Chantix but the side effects
fuck that. I was a heavy smoker since I was 13 yrs old I was 45 when I quit
on the mental note what worked for me I change my routine
for example I stopped drinking coffee for about 3 wks for me coffee and cigs went together
I also switch my seating moved to different spot in the morning when I got up and had
breakfast after 2wks the urge started to fade and that's what worked for me
I still love the smell of cigs but do not have the craveing at all :cool::p

BerryNice

Super Active Member
its been a year and a half for me I quit cold turkey I was goin to use Chantix but the side effects
fuck that. I was a heavy smoker since I was 13 yrs old I was 45 when I quit
on the mental note what worked for me I change my routine
for example I stopped drinking coffee for about 3 wks for me coffee and cigs went together
I also switch my seating moved to different spot in the morning when I got up and had
breakfast after 2wks the urge started to fade and that's what worked for me
I still love the smell of cigs but do not have the craveing at all :cool::p

I liked the smell at first but now it makes me sic and I can’t believe I wasted so much time and money on cigs

The only thing I miss about smoking is it covered the weed smell nice ahah

Every person I know says I smell like weed I can’t help it I smoke 24/7

I used to always have to smoke after I ate not I smoke my joints after I eat and rest of the day I hit a pipe or bong

Good luck to all

Dwnundr

Upside down
I had ridiculous dreams on this stuff please look into this

It is not for everyone
I must just be a weird cunt but I thought that was the best part. Didn't have nightmares or anything bad but some pretty tripped out dreams.

One thing I will say apart from the dreams, is they gave me pretty bad nausea. But that's how they work. When you have a cig they make you feel sick and eventually you dont even want to have a smoke. once you actually stop smoking the nausea goes away, so try and stick it out. It's worth it in the end. Normally takes 2 to 3 weeks of taking them until you stop smoking.

Good luck.

BerryNice

Super Active Member
I must just be a weird cunt but I thought that was the best part. Didn't have nightmares or anything bad but some pretty tripped out dreams.

One thing I will say apart from the dreams, is they gave me pretty bad nausea. But that's how they work. When you have a cig they make you feel sick and eventually you dont even want to have a smoke. once you actually stop smoking the nausea goes away, so try and stick it out. It's worth it in the end. Normally takes 2 to 3 weeks of taking them until you stop smoking.

Good luck.
The dreams can be really bad like friends and family dying it’s crazy

I smoked from 16 to 38 And failed so many times

The only thing that worked for me was abusing the gum

How much are cigs these days anyway? I stopped smoking in 2015 and they were 10$+ a pack

Think about how many more beans you could buy with all that money you save

McCheez

I smoked Newport shorts for 15 years. By the time I quit I was 1.5 packs a day.
Bought the equate (Walmart) brand patches.. it’s like a 3 step process with each patch being a little weaker. I started with the strongest. Let me tell you, they work! Problem was, I my stoned ass was forgetting to put them on in the morning so I would go a whole day at work without anything.
Once I did this 4 or 5 times, I said f&$k it, and stoped all together.
January ‘19 was 1 year for me.
One other thing, we had a baby. That’s works above all others.

dandyrandy

My brother died at 50 and my dad at 67 both from cancer within a few years of each other. Both smoked. One night many years ago I was thinking about it and tossed the partial pack of camels out the car window. It's been 30 years ago. Took up smoking pot again after quitting at 25ish. Kids you know. Picked it back up 7 or so years ago. Helps my arthritis.

I didnt:)

But at my last job site I was not allowed to smoke during the work day, so I simply tryed not to smoke for 8 hours the day before I started, which worked well. You dont need any aids in my experience with not smoking, it takes as mentioned earlier will power. If you have that and you are motivated it can be done. I have not stopped because I enjoy it still, plus when smoking weed on the side, well you know...