How did u quit cigs?

Think of that HUGE pain in your chest.....................squeezing.......................can't breath................fading out......................people yelling and screaming for 911.........................you fall to the floor...................................sounds fade.............................darkness

sounds again..............................bright lights...........................people yelling...........................someone calling your name.............................pain, so much pain...........................darkness

Weeks later...........................home again.....................you look at a pack of smokes.....................the house smells like an ashtray..............................you pick up the pack of smokes..............................the memory of the pain invades your thoughts..............................something is being crushed in your hand........................you look at the crumpled package in your hand with disgust................................you look at your wife and kids and see the expression on their faces......................you walk over to the garbage and place the crumpled package where it belongs.

Life can begin again :alien:

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
Think of that HUGE pain in your chest.....................squeezing.......................can't breath................fading out......................people yelling and screaming for 911.........................you fall to the floor...................................sounds fade.............................darkness

sounds again..............................bright lights...........................people yelling...........................someone calling your name.............................pain, so much pain...........................darkness

Weeks later...........................home again.....................you look at a pack of smokes.....................the house smells like an ashtray..............................you pick up the pack of smokes..............................the memory of the pain invades your thoughts..............................something is being crushed in your hand........................you look at the crumpled package in your hand with disgust................................you look at your wife and kids and see the expression on their faces......................you walk over to the garbage and place the crumpled package where it belongs.

Life can begin again :alien:
Thats What I'm trying to avoid. Thanks brother!

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
0425191742.jpg0425191605_HDR.jpg
Just got it somewhat water tight as ee got slammed with a storm. Now my buddy helping me had a baby 4 weeks early. Only 5 lbs. , man thats tough, I need a hand holding shit up.man no one wants to help.
Kid I go to school with says I get 250 for an 8hr day. I laughed hahahahaha.
I need 2 hands and 2 legs for 8 hrs. I got 120$ for am lets get tbis shit up!
I take jobs and pray things go well.
We get a storm, a premi baby, water leaks, now I can't find someone to help me fuckkkkkk

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
All i have to do is look at that pine T-11 and i think about rot. Too bad the fir T-11 is not cheaper. The last time i priced the fir not to long ago was almost 70 dollars a sheet. If i had to use the pine T-11 i would apply a coat of oil base primer to the top and bottom edge of the sheet.I @Terpy i spent a lot of money on every possible method to quit smoking none worked. Everything you need to quite is in your head. Just have to realize that if you pick one up after stopping you will be right back were you were. The urge will be with you for a while but it eventually fades. I still miss a cig a little after a meal (12 years now) so i just use weed when i get that urge.

SCJedi

Synergist
I'm actually back to smoking blends for a bit. When I quit previously I bought a $20 pen and two nicotine levels of e-juice. Full strength and zero. I mixed a little bit more zero each time I refilled until I was weaned off nicotine then gave the pen away. Good luck!

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
All i have to do is look at that pine T-11 and i think about rot. Too bad the fir T-11 is not cheaper. The last time i priced the fir not to long ago was almost 70 dollars a sheet. If i had to use the pine T-11 i would apply a coat of oil base primer to the top and bottom edge of the sheet.I @Terpy i spent a lot of money on every possible method to quit smoking none worked. Everything you need to quite is in your head. Just have to realize that if you pick one up after stopping you will be right back were you were. The urge will be with you for a while but it eventually fades. I still miss a cig a little after a meal (12 years now) so i just use weed when i get that urge.
After a meal smoke is the worst! I'm just sitting here after lunch reading motivational comments like yours. You have no idea, how much it helps.
I have this juul thing so I'm not completely nicotine free. And ive still got some swishers. But the urge is fading. And I may just hold out on the spliffs for a while until this has passed.

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
ipassed.i had to beat the ever living Fuck out of that rim joist to get it under where the subfloor caved. U can see the hammer dings. But who gaf. Its hidden
Will get a little easier each day . Just got to look out for those rough patches. If i can do you can too. Plus those chemical sticks were expensive when i quit 12 years ago. Think of all the money your saving.

SCJedi

Synergist
I'm a casual smoker but recently went through 3 pouches of American Spirit back to back. I was blending 50/50 but had to quit weed for job prospects.

I am actually doing this now bc it worked for me in the past,

What I do is get a cheapo vape pen. I find a juice flavor that I like and I but 6mg/ml and 0mg/ml. I vape the 6 for a couple of weeks, 50/50 6mg/0mg for a couple of weeks, and usually, by then I don't want to vape anymore and the nicotine doses are so low I don't want that either. It works for me

yougrowyourway

illgrowmyway
@SCJedi I like the sound of that. Recently tried patches. 21mg a day. That suppose to be equivalent to a pack a day. Not at all. My urges skyrocketed. Legit felt like a fiend for some nicotine. They're still that high and I want to quit more then ever. So Ima try your way and try my best.

18B

Master of Mayhem
Banned
I quit the day I left the military...I remember they used to say...smoke em if ya got em...the rest of you...give me 150....needless to say....everyone smokes....so not only that....I remember one ol Sgt. who said to a guy who said he was going to quit...he said, you whiny little fuckin pussy, when you quit smoking, you will go right back to cocksucking.
I figured...since I never sucked a cock before, that I would be ok quitting...so far so good...still going strong...no cocks sucked yet.

I honestly just put them down and never picked them up again...just stopped.

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
Ain’t nothin better than a health scare to make you quit cold turkey NOW.

Just don’t wait for the scare.

Read the book Alan Carr’s Easy Way To Stop Smoking.

I wrote down a bunch of reasons why I quit, Like “I don’t want my wife and kid to have to endure MY illness” and “I want to meet my Grandkids someday” and so on.

Quitting is EASY if you put your mind to it. Read the book. It ISN’T PAINFUL to quit.

Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE will be proud of you.

High kev

Yankee seeds
Breeder
I would try the hypnosis thing to quit. I wouldn't even know where to look into that at. I guess i can Google it
Every year they hypnotize the senior class at the local school. Shits for real. He does the same routine every year. 20 kids run up to the seats on stage about 3/4 get hypnotized. He has guys up on stage laid back with their legs spread wide open thinking they’re giving birth Screaming and crying. While two girls are coaching him to breathe. I wouldn’t be surprised if that works. U here stories where they have military people that just snap when the code word is said I would not be surprised.

Oreguhnism

Really Active Member
I quit about 6 months ago. Health scare of somebody else did it. I had been thinking of quitting for a while and I had ratchetched my habit down for the last few years with quirks, like not smoking in the day.
Smoked over a span of 27 years off and on and still not quite 40. So i have enjoyed it for awhile, the after dinner bowl then cig was magnifique, as they say....
Quit cold turkey and for sure it was harder Thinking about quitting, then actually quitting imho. I still have the occasional urge but Im still smoking the ganj, which basically helped, especially after dinner or going out late at night and just chilling.
Just keep trying until you convince yourself it is the best way. Dr. Andrew Weiland talked about keep trying to quit no matter what even if you eventually start back up, you eventually build up currency towards convincing yourself to quit....

Also I think food helps and it might not to some, but potatoes, tomatoes, eggplant and peppers are all related to tobacco [ Nightshade family] and I consumed all, a little more than I usually do over the last few months.

Daily exercise or as much as possible, should also help. Even just a walk, but 160 bpms for at least ten minutes is better.

Skeet Kuhn Dough

5th-level Mage
I've quit and started so many times. The hardest withdrawals came from the one time that I started dipping. (What a disgusting habit)

For me, drunkenness is probably what sucks me back into cigarettes. I don't drink all the time, not even once a week, sometimes I go months without a drop. However, when I drink, I definitely like to binge drink. I drink to get drunk, not be social, nor for the taste. It's really hard for me to get to a certain point of drunkenness and go without a cigarette, no matter how long it's been since I quit.

The next day I'll be hungover, maybe even somewhat intoxicated still. So, if there's some cigarettes left, why not have one and try to feel a little better? Plus, they're just sitting there, waiting to fulfill their purpose.

Right now I'm at about 1-2 cigarettes per day. However, this shit's terrible for the body and I just don't like it. I'm about to quit... again. I just haven't actually gritted my teeth and put in the effort yet.

Crazy how cigarettes and alcohol are perfectly legal, despite how many lives they impact so negatively and oftentimes fatally while cannabis continues to be illegal in so many parts of the US.

Best of luck to those of you that are trying to quit.

PS: I've found that candy and gum help me out a bit. Caffeine triggers my nicotine cravings. Whenever I'm lounging around and a craving sparks, I've found that getting up and doing something, even if it's just for five minutes, can really help quiet down the urge.