How did u quit cigs?

Streetpro09

Tester
View attachment 4456
Day 4 only 3 cigs...reds right about teasing your body tho with patches and gum...I want to just go cold turkey. The patches overnight help with the morning urges to smoke. I have been smoking more green tho lol.

I used patches about 2.5 years ago to quit. Gotta say that my wife helped a load too. We were supposed to quit together about a year and a half sooner. Well she quit for health reasons but I carried on. I kept saying I was going to quit but never really wanted to. Patches got that monkey off my back. Then it was up to me to relearn habits. Looking back now it's hard to remember them but I do remember my drive to work. It was 30+ min and I had landmarks where I would usually light one up. The first year was the hardest. Redoing everything in your life without a smoke. Visiting places/people, parties, driving, everything! The second year was easier but you still remember smoking places.

A few months ago I smoked on a swisher. Wife quit rolling with them so I got the bright idea to try one. Smoked a little of one the first few days In the evening. Then about the 4th evening I must have smoked a little too much. Got sick to my stomach and ended up puking! Lol had to lay down after that! Reminded me of riding to school with the older kids across the street. Smoking cigs at 13. That just solidified not smoking.

I guess what I'm saying is most of its in your mind. Just know it's going to be a struggle for awhile relearning habits and experiences, was the hardest part for me. Getting that monkey off your back for the first few months really helped.

SoLowDoughLow

Mediocre grower
My coworker text me about subs.
I had to step back.
I'm like woaw.
1. Dont text me phone looking fir narcotics.
2. I'm a former addict, dont put that shit in my head.
3. That came out of nowhere. Weve spoken at work a few times about weed and got some nice GSC from him.
Hes like I havent done dope In, 3 years!!
Hahahaha ur still on it dude.
Poor kid. Youngtoo
Yea, u can't fool anybody when you're on that shit. I used to think I was slick and nobody knew. Now I look back at pictures and i'm like, fuck I looked disgusting! And if you can't tell by looks you can tell by how people act

yougrowyourway

illgrowmyway
Yea, u can't fool anybody when you're on that shit. I used to think I was slick and nobody knew. Now I look back at pictures and i'm like, fuck I looked disgusting! And if you can't tell by looks you can tell by how people act
Facts. You can always tell. It's ashame a lot of people really think it's helping them when they just traded government heroin for pharmaceutical heroin. I'm blessed I didn't have to venture that road, but ive seen enough lives ruined from it. If cannabis was only an option for everyone.

D

Deleted member 60

Leakin' shitter/sink drain...or something else??? Oh what fun.....

This is something similar I found a few years ago. Added-on fireplace chase...musta leaked forever....totally rotted out the top boards and all the framing below. It was like balsa wood in places. With the old Buck stove that was in the hole that had no door gaskets and appeared to have been burned in full on mode.....I'm surprised the place didn't go up in flames.

Ended up puttin a header up and spanning 10 ft.+ across the wall. Had to hold the house up with a car jack for 2 days and it was all the wife and I could do to lift that fucker into place.

Ah....the joy of home ownership! Thank Bob for weed!

Attachments

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
Leakin' shitter/sink drain...or something else??? Oh what fun.....

This is something similar I found a few years ago. Added-on fireplace chase...musta leaked forever....totally rotted out the top boards and all the framing below. It was like balsa wood in places. With the old Buck stove that was in the hole that had no door gaskets and appeared to have been burned in full on mode.....I'm surprised the place didn't go up in flames.

Ended up puttin a header up and spanning 10 ft.+ across the wall. Had to hold the house up with a car jack for 2 days and it was all the wife and I could do to lift that fucker into place.

Ah....the joy of home ownership! Thank Bob for weed!
0425191313.jpg0425191605_HDR.jpg

thenotsoesoteric

Shinobi of seeds
I got lucky and just never got physically addicted to nicotine. I started smoking around 12 but just here and there. I'd have a pack of cigs for weeks. Then when I could actually drive I'd smoke more often but, the only time I ever really "needed" a cig was after we'd get high, drunk or dropped acid. I never enjoyed cigs sober, but loved to smoke while fucked up.

All my friends ended up addicted and kept smoking throughout their teens and adulthood and would get pissy as hell when they didn't have cigarettes. I never really got that. I literally would just smoke off and on at will.

Eventually though I started getting headaches or sick to my stomach every time I'd smoke a cigarette. Still to this day I'll get drunk and try smoking a cig but after two drags I change my mind.

I guess that doesn't help folks once they get infected by the bug but if you can mentally make yourself sick every time you smoke it might help quit. Just keep telling yourself its gross and fucked up and you should stop.

Similar to fucking old ladies, it may "feel" good but its not kosher. Well I guess for the old lady getting disked down it's kosher but you get my point.

SoLowDoughLow

Mediocre grower
I got lucky and just never got physically addicted to nicotine. I started smoking around 12 but just here and there. I'd have a pack of cigs for weeks. Then when I could actually drive I'd smoke more often but, the only time I ever really "needed" a cig was after we'd get high, drunk or dropped acid. I never enjoyed cigs sober, but loved to smoke while fucked up.

All my friends ended up addicted and kept smoking throughout their teens and adulthood and would get pissy as hell when they didn't have cigarettes. I never really got that. I literally would just smoke off and on at will.

Eventually though I started getting headaches or sick to my stomach every time I'd smoke a cigarette. Still to this day I'll get drunk and try smoking a cig but after two drags I change my mind.

I guess that doesn't help folks once they get infected by the bug but if you can mentally make yourself sick every time you smoke it might help quit. Just keep telling yourself its gross and fucked up and you should stop.

Similar to fucking old ladies, it may "feel" good but its not kosher. Well I guess for the old lady getting disked down it's kosher but you get my point.
I'm the same way. I loved smoking after I got high. Once I stopped shooting dope and drinking often, it kinda started to disgust me. I don't even wanna smoke sober. And I consider smoking weed being sober lol

About 3 years ago I had a cough I had for months so I went to the dr who gave me antibiotics saying it was a chest infection .they didn't work.he gave me another round of anti biotics and those didn't work either so he sent me to hospital for a chest xray and it came back there were "shadows" on the x-ray of my lungs.my arse collapsed and I instantly stopped smoking tobbacco.never went back since.the "shadow" turned out to be fuck all.i still smoke weed spliffs of course but I never went back to tobbacco.it was easier than I expected it to be.i think it woulda been more difficult to stop if I didn't have the weed to smoke instead.

About 3 years ago I had a cough I had for months so I went to the dr who gave me antibiotics saying it was a chest infection .they didn't work.he gave me another round of anti biotics and those didn't work either so he sent me to hospital for a chest xray and it came back there were "shadows" on the x-ray of my lungs.my arse collapsed and I instantly stopped smoking tobbacco.never went back since.the "shadow" turned out to be fuck all.i still smoke weed spliffs of course but I never went back to tobbacco.it was easier than I expected it to be.i think it woulda been more difficult to stop if I didn't have the weed to smoke instead.
Getting scared the :poop: out of works a lot.

20 years 3 pack a day cowboy killers i would throw away and then right before store closed run and buy a pack. I had to carry full unopened pack with me at all times so i didn't fell that anxiety and told myself it was for my kids hardest thing i ever put down. I feel for you keep trying took me 3 times cold turkey. Mind over matter if you don't mind it don't matter.

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
I've been a "quitter" for about 9 yrs now. Quit a 20yr habit cold turkey. Best advise I can give is this:

-Truly establish to yourself why you want to quit and use that as motivation. Mine was poor health, and the fear of leaving my children fatherless prematurely.
- Dont tease your body and mind with patches or gum. All you are doing is keeping nicotine in your system longer and prolonging the quit. Nicotine will be free from your system in 7-10 days. After that, it is no longer a physical addiction.
-Toss out whatever is left in your pack right now, dont care if you just bought em. This is establishing to yourself that you are in fact ready to quit.
-Alter your "triggers". What I mean by this, is most have what I sum up as "triggers" and this is when you do something that is followed by lighting up a smoke whether it be right after a meal, when you get in the car, have a beer, after horizontal dancing etc. Instead of smoking right after a meal, replace the smoke with something else like with a jolly rancher or cinnamon toothpick.....or a joint. You gotta break those little individual habits to be successful.
-Distance yourself from others who smoke if possible. For instance, I have a group of friends that all smoke, and I found it hard to be around that in the first couple days of quitting. Thats when smoking still isnt a turnoff and you are still craving and have nicotine in your system....your still addicted physically and mentally. Just seperating yourself and hermiting out for a week will help. I did this, and when I emerged back into my norm I had lost the attraction or craving for a smoke. It was more repulsive than it was a tease when others would smoke.
-You just have to be absolutely ready to quit, and your will power will be tested so have a good support system that has the same goals for you. If your spouse smokes...make it a couples thing and quit together as the support will be stronger than if done alone.
Same here. There is nothing more motivating than a health scare. I 100% agree that you cannot use humor patches that contain nicotine- you’ve got to just stop cold turkey and it’s easy if you want it to be.

The best advice I can give to anyone trying to quit is to read the book Alan Carr’s Easy Way to Quit Smoking. Invaluable read and it’s about the price of a pack of smokes.