Horticulture Lighting Group

Big Perm

Budtender
Stand up company that won't hesitate to uphold their warranty.

I bought four 3000k V2 a few months back, and a few diodes went dead on them. I emailed HLG and four replacement boards were in hand 2 days later. Sweet.

Today I'm looking around at the tents and every once in a while I look at the lights for a quick check. I noticed a few dark spots on some of the boards, so I dimmed it down to have a closer look and the new replacement boards are now the same way. Three of the four.
I contacted HLG and told them my issue, more to just let them know.
They told me they are sending three new boards.

sfrigon1

Seed Aficionado
Stand up company that won't hesitate to uphold their warranty.

I bought four 3000k V2 a few months back, and a few diodes went dead on them. I emailed HLG and four replacement boards were in hand 2 days later. Sweet.

Today I'm looking around at the tents and every once in a while I look at the lights for a quick check. I noticed a few dark spots on some of the boards, so I dimmed it down to have a closer look and the new replacement boards are now the same way. Three of the four.
I contacted HLG and told them my issue, more to just let them know.
They told me they are sending three new boards.
That's awesome 😊

shimz

vapest
Nice, glad to hear of your experience. Never had an issue with any of my HLG gear but good to know if I do that they will take care of me. Had a Mean Well driver go tits up recently. SEVEN YEAR warranty on those! So far so good with my RMA. I'll try to remember to post back on how that shakes out.

MtRainDog

Blümen Meister
I've got a qb65 (4000k) as a veg light, and 4x qb132 v2's (3000k) coming in tomorrow. I'm going to be using the LRS-350-36 driver. Super stoked. Should be all I need for my 4x2 flower tent.

So far so good. Really like the qb65, tiny foot print, and bright AF. doesn't get very hot either.

Big Terps

Growing on a dime
I've got a qb65 (4000k) as a veg light, and 4x qb132 v2's (3000k) coming in tomorrow. I'm going to be using the LRS-350-36 driver. Super stoked. Should be all I need for my 4x2 flower tent.

So far so good. Really like the qb65, tiny foot print, and bright AF. doesn't get very hot either.
Hell ya. If u need any help with wiring or anything else with that set of boards and driver hit me up.

Big Terps

Growing on a dime
Anybody know if they make a 480 that's just two boards ? So two 240s . Sorry if dumb question
No i dont think they make 480 watts using just 2 boards. The 480 watts is usually the hlg 550. It uses 4 qb 288's ( 4 120w boards)

Or for less money and get more even coverage than the hlg550 u can buy 2 pacs of qb132s and 2 lrs-350-36 drivers. U get 8 boards at 75watts each and instead of 480 watts, u get 600 watts outta the qb132s. Perfect setup for 4x4. Just my 2 cents.

sfrigon1

Seed Aficionado
No i dont think they make 480 watts using just 2 boards. The 480 watts is usually the hlg 550. It uses 4 qb 288's ( 4 120w boards)

Or for less money and get more even coverage than the hlg550 u can buy 2 pacs of qb132s and 2 lrs-350-36 drivers. U get 8 boards at 75watts each and instead of 480 watts, u get 600 watts outta the qb132s. Perfect setup for 4x4. Just my 2 cents.
Yeh so I wanna replace my 600 sodium that covers the back half of my 4x4 . Was def looking at the 550 but it's big money . Hoping for an alternative

sfrigon1

Seed Aficionado

How much would the four boards cost roughly? U have a point ,maybe I can replace all three lights I have w this!?

Big Terps

Growing on a dime
Yeh so I wanna replace my 600 sodium that covers the back half of my 4x4 . Was def looking at the 550 but it's big money . Hoping for an alternative
If ur in usa, and can do simple diy things, for the price there isnt much better out there u can buy for a 4x4 than what i suggested with the qb132s and the lrs-350-36 drivers imo. Most bang for buck imo.
2 packs of qb132s
2 lrs-350-36 drivers
2 rolls of 18 gauge wire
8 3/4 x 3/4 alum angles @ 48 inches from home depot
4mm bolts and nuts
Steel fishing liters from walmart for hangers

Prices=
2 packs of qb132s= 250$
2 lrs-350-36 drivers= 70$
Around 320 bucks for 600 watts of qb132s

The only things the hlg 550 has that the qb132s dont is the added reds if u buy the red-spec v2's.
But for half the price of hlg 550 u can allways add the red booster strips with the saved cash from going with qb132s if u want the added reds. I had 4 2700k and 4 3000k and that was enough reds for me. I did add sum uva & uvb reptile cfls also.

When im able to grow indoors again im gonna go with the qb132s again but go with 4 boards of 2700 or 3000k & 4 boards of 4000k next time. The added blues of 4000k really helps with less stretch, and improves the glitter content imo.
Im not a self claimed pro but i really liked my quantums and thought it was a neat project to do the diy build. U can arrange ur boards anyways u want and save money. With the 8 boards of 132's almost every inch in a 4x4 wood have direct lighting above ur plants. A more even coverage of ur space. The 132's dont put out as much heat also than the qb288's. The 132's dont require a heatsinks to help cool boards either. All u need is a small fan blowing across the backs of boards.

There might be cheaper diy options if order from Alibaba or another Chinese seller but they usually sock it to u on the shipping and u gotta watch who u buy from cause they might not be what they say they are.
Its so worth the peice of mind just to order directly from HLG than the Alibaba route imo.

Hopes this helps u decide on what u wanna do with these quantums. Everything i stated was just from my own experiences and is just opinions. If money isnt a worry then go with the easyness of hlg550. Pull out of box and plug in.
But if u wanna get more bang for half the price of the hlg550, and dont mind spending a hour or 2 building ur fixture the qb132s are a dam good option.
Good luck buddy ✌

sfrigon1

Seed Aficionado
If ur in usa, and can do simple diy things, for the price there isnt much better out there u can buy for a 4x4 than what i suggested with the qb132s and the lrs-350-36 drivers imo. Most bang for buck imo.
2 packs of qb132s
2 lrs-350-36 drivers
2 rolls of 18 gauge wire
8 3/4 x 3/4 alum angles @ 48 inches from home depot
4mm bolts and nuts
Steel fishing liters from walmart for hangers

Prices=
2 packs of qb132s= 250$
2 lrs-350-36 drivers= 70$
Around 320 bucks for 600 watts of qb132s

The only things the hlg 550 has that the qb132s dont is the added reds if u buy the red-spec v2's.
But for half the price of hlg 550 u can allways add the red booster strips with the saved cash from going with qb132s if u want the added reds. I had 4 2700k and 4 3000k and that was enough reds for me. I did add sum uva & uvb reptile cfls also.

When im able to grow indoors again im gonna go with the qb132s again but go with 4 boards of 2700 or 3000k & 4 boards of 4000k next time. The added blues of 4000k really helps with less stretch, and improves the glitter content imo.
Im not a self claimed pro but i really liked my quantums and thought it was a neat project to do the diy build. U can arrange ur boards anyways u want and save money. With the 8 boards of 132's almost every inch in a 4x4 wood have direct lighting above ur plants. A more even coverage of ur space. The 132's dont put out as much heat also than the qb288's. The 132's dont require a heatsinks to help cool boards either. All u need is a small fan blowing across the backs of boards.

There might be cheaper diy options if order from Alibaba or another Chinese seller but they usually sock it to u on the shipping and u gotta watch who u buy from cause they might not be what they say they are.
Its so worth the peice of mind just to order directly from HLG than the Alibaba route imo.

Hopes this helps u decide on what u wanna do with these quantums. Everything i stated was just from my own experiences and is just opinions. If money isnt a worry then go with the easyness of hlg550. Pull out of box and plug in.
But if u wanna get more bang for half the price of the hlg550, and dont mind spending a hour or 2 building ur fixture the qb132s are a dam good option.
Good luck buddy ✌
Tysm

Big Perm

Budtender
A lot of people may also not realize that there is usually a coupon code out there, too.
If you buy from the diy side, you could save another 10-15% using the coupon code. I guess it was 10% off.
HLG was created by two diy guys, they like us, lol.
PERM10 gets you 10% off of everything they sell at the HLG website, DIY or fixtures.

Big Terps

Growing on a dime
Tysm for this I appreciate it ,alot cheaper than the hlg 550
Ya the 8 boards built on a 46 x 46 frame will give it just enough room to fit in the 4x4 tent. Heres a couple ideas
1 big fixture with all 8 boards mounted to 46 x 46 frame ( my pic is 8 boards on a 5x5 frame) but u can make em fit on 46 x 46 frame..

Or
Do 2 seperate fixtures built on a 13 in wide x 46 in long fixture like my second picture0123191922c.jpg0321192253.jpg