High CBD Strains

Baron

Really Active Member
How does the cbd to thc ratio effect your meds as far as the buzz you get, it’s effect on pain management, sleep, and relaxation. I have always been partial to the Indicas, but when you read their descriptions on the seed bank web sites, it seems as though they are emphasize their low cbd content. When you read about symptoms management they favor higher cbd content . It’s kinda confusing, can going for high thc content be counter to the effects and reliefs that I am looking for.

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
I think that everyone is unique and you just have to find the ratio that works best for you at that time. Maybe high CBD works best during the day and high THC is better at night for sleep and pain. Just my 2 cents.
I am always amazed how this plant affects people in different ways. I have a friend that is a vietnam veteran that has PTSD pretty bad. He has tried a lot of different strains that i gave him. Of all strains C-99 gives him the most releaf. That strain is opposite of what gives a large majority some relief from the PTSD. If we can ever get this plant legalized federally it will open the door to some major research and discoveries.

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
@Capt C , @Bruno8437 , thank you good buddies. Do you know of a resource with information about the relationship of cbd to thc ? Just happen to have some C 99 beans, I’ll have to start them on my next run.
Sorry no help here on that resource and also remember that is a extremely rare that the c-99 would have any relief from PTSD. I did have a couple of different folks recommend mountain berry from Dominion seeds for treating PTSD.

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
@Capt C , @Bruno8437 , thank you good buddies. Do you know of a resource with information about the relationship of cbd to thc ? Just happen to have some C 99 beans, I’ll have to start them on my next run.
In fact if you are interested in that strain it was auctioned off not to long ago on @jacrispy thread. If you go back and look to see who got them you might be able to work out a trade.

Now1more

Super Active Member
On a side note I found a strain called Night Nurse that's 80% indica with no statement as to cbd levels. Despite being called NIGHT Nurse I found it to be a good day strain for me and it's really smooths the edges as far as pain goes.

Baron

Really Active Member
thanks for your input, not suffering from ptsd, primarily looking for pain management, sleep aid, and something to relax with in the evenings.

Heathenraider

Heathen Basterd
thanks for your input, not suffering from ptsd, primarily looking for pain management, sleep aid, and something to relax with in the evenings.
see above , Webuildsoldierz is His website, order direct in Canada, in US His gear is on Seedsherenow SB .

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
How does the cbd to thc ratio effect your meds as far as the buzz you get, it’s effect on pain management, sleep, and relaxation. I have always been partial to the Indicas, but when you read their descriptions on the seed bank web sites, it seems as though they are emphasize their low cbd content. When you read about symptoms management they favor higher cbd content . It’s kinda confusing, can going for high thc content be counter to the effects and reliefs that I am looking for.
Certain "chemotypes" such as Skunk #1 doesn't have the CBD producing gene and can't produce CBD no matter what.(I think I am correct)
But it seems a 1:1 ratio is the better starting point. More CBD, longer you stay medicated, but a mellower affect. (supposedly)
When I smoke these super high THC, I get that affect. Ain't about the THC anymore.
It's those precious oils that are being lost from the extraction processes.
Dry sift, you lose 80% terps, but the molecules change into other cannabinoids. The true expression of the plant comes out. If you can clean it real good, you can get "full melt" bubble hash.
Ice water extraction, you lose other terps in the water.
Then there is fresh frozen/live rosin.
If you cartorize the wounds on the plant by freezing the "cut" sites, you can get a really nice product at a minimum terp loss. Just have to work faster to keep it frozen.

Baron

Really Active Member
Will using the dry ice method of making hash cause the harm you were talking about. Seems as though it would be the best ( simplest) method for a novice, just a thought.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
For what it's worth, I think a good bit of the CBD on the market (gas station stuff) is from hemp. Might be a lot different growing an indica or sativa that is high in CBD. Whether or not it also has a high THC content.

I have also read that the CBD stuff matures slower than the THC stuff - chemically I mean. Not like longer grows. The CBD in a high CBD strain supposedly is more pronounced when the flowers are riper than you would probably chop them for regular smoke. Like mostly amber instead of a lower percentage.

Baron

Really Active Member
For what it's worth, I think a good bit of the CBD on the market (gas station stuff) is from hemp. Might be a lot different growing an indica or sativa that is high in CBD. Whether or not it also has a high THC content.

I have also read that the CBD stuff matures slower than the THC stuff - chemically I mean. Not like longer grows. The CBD in a high CBD strain supposedly is more pronounced when the flowers are riper than you would probably chop them for regular smoke. Like all mostly amber instead of a lower percentage.
Thanks for chiming in, I tried cbd when they first made it legal, tried liquids, capsules, even powder to put on food. I could never could say that it ever did anything other than upset my stomach. I really shouldn’t be smoking at all, that’s why I’m digging into all of this.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk

I have also read that the CBD stuff matures slower than the THC stuff - chemically I mean. Not like longer grows. The CBD in a high CBD strain supposedly is more pronounced when the flowers are riper than you would probably chop them for regular smoke. Like mostly amber instead of a lower percentage.
The longer you leave hemp/CBD flower out, the production of THCA will begin to increase.
Will end up failing the .03% total THC for the CBD business. side.