Hey y'all

Hillbilly

Sorry wasn't sure exactly what you are looking for tips wise . Holler anytime bro
Hey thanks man. I hope I don't seem rude or like I'm being a dick. I'm new to operating this site so please forgive me in advance , I'm learning. Im thankful you guys are interested in my lil grow it's awesome. I didn't expect it to get any reactions really lol. I feel like I really need a lil guidance. Im goina grab a pH pen n make sure that's not the problem. I just feel like they started slow.

Now1more

Super Active Member
Are you on well water or city water? If city, let it sit to declorinate. Get a bucket and swish your arm around in it, it will help to hasten the declorination process. It will probably be fine as far as ph goes. If you're on a well, well then you can run into heavy fluctuations throughout the year. I sit on a mountain ridge in Maine. Right now my ph is good. As I water my garden in the summer my well will run higher in ph, much higher. I reach over 9 ph.

sfrigon1

Seed Aficionado
Hey thanks man. I hope I don't seem rude or like I'm being a dick. I'm new to operating this site so please forgive me in advance , I'm learning. Im thankful you guys are interested in my lil grow it's awesome. I didn't expect it to get any reactions really lol. I feel like I really need a lil guidance. Im goina grab a pH pen n make sure that's not the problem. I just feel like they started slow.
It's real easy to over water at first and that shit can bring a plant to a dead stop . Make sure that container is light as hell before watering. Jmho, and they need to get in bigger containers in a couple weeks

Hillbilly

It's real easy to over water at first and that shit can bring a plant to a dead stop . Make sure that container is light as hell before watering. Jmho, and they need to get in bigger containers in a couple weeks
I may be guilty of the over watering. I've got there new home ready n waiting just didn't know when exactly to put em there. I got a better idea now thank you. I'll be watchin the watering more too. Just been sprayin em instead of pouring it in. I'm very appreciative of you guys I swear, this is so awesome to have help. Oh I got 3 Mac f2s starting as well. They ain't poked out of the dirt yet. Wish I would've held off till I got that pH pen but I think it'll work itself out. I'll have that pen by this weekend at the least.

Now1more

Super Active Member
Spraying will work for now while in veg and small. Transplant into a bigger planter. They'll want a higher humidity in veg. My rule of thumb for watering is very simple... just stick your finger into the dirt, go down to your first knuckle. Is it wet? If it's a maybe, go down just a tad more. Then, if it's still a maybe, water!

Hillbilly

Spraying will work for now while in veg and small. Transplant into a bigger planter. They'll want a higher humidity in veg. My rule of thumb for watering is very simple... just stick your finger into the dirt, go down to your first knuckle. Is it wet? If it's a maybe, go down just a tad more. Then, if it's still a maybe, water!
I'm on city water. Would a humidifier be too much or would it help? The humidity is at 30-35. And I have been letting the water sit open so it'll dechlorinate. Thanks for your help.

Hust17

PICK YOUR OWN
I'm on city water. Would a humidifier be too much or would it help? The humidity is at 30-35. And I have been letting the water sit open so it'll dechlorinate. Thanks for your help.
Yes they would like a higher humidity at this point. I use this chart for reference. Red doesn’t mean they’re not going to grow but I’ve seen much better growth since I’ve tried to stay out of the red :)

Screen Shot 2020-01-14 at 2.28.12 AM.png

Hillbilly

No no like I said red isn’t great but it’s not the end of the world :)
If you have a humidifier I’d toss it in somewhere
I do have one and I'm goina clean it out here in a minute so it'll be ready to use in the morning. It's almost lights out in the tent. I went in there n sprayed a bunch and I put water in the empty pots that are around them n it's up to 60 almost n the temps went down to 75. NICE thanks a bunch. No shit.

Hust17

PICK YOUR OWN
I do have one and I'm goina clean it out here in a minute so it'll be ready to use in the morning. It's almost lights out in the tent. I went in there n sprayed a bunch and I put water in the empty pots that are around them n it's up to 60 almost n the temps went down to 75. NICE thanks a bunch. No shit.
Great stuff mate! Start a grow journal one day for your little girls and we can follow along :) Glad to have you here!

Stoned Cold Bulldog

Just saying hi. I'm on my first indoor grow and hoping to learn and share info n experiences. Thanks.
aloha hillbilly. shoot how the hell did u even find this site lol ?
so, google some basics growing stuff. it lets you get the general idea and answers most if not all the basic questions everyone one asks that have been answered to death.
check youtube for videos on things like making and doing cuts/clones, transplanting, how to top, fim, lst, prune etc etc. = it's good to see it real time instead of a written explanation. all i did was put in the search engine marijuan grow guid and got this. it has multiple type guides to peruse. there is more ways to skin a cat. your job is to go from basic to advanced at your own pace in a practical and reasonable way.
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=marijuan+grow+guid

hell i didn't even need to spell it right that's how easy it is these days. for the new folks. yall got it good for real lol.

obviously sites like this with growers of various experience can be a huge help and learning experience too. many non-master growers have good/great ideas that can be used by all. always peruse the thread of interest to your questions and ideas to see what's already there. that's the most efficient way to get into the know imho.

p.s. when u ask a general question you will get various answers based on the experiences of that person. like your nute question above and dude who answered you first.

because this with likely be the norm it's best imho to go off the basics instead of trying to chase/do all the various shit you will be advised to do when it comes to buying nutes/gear/seeds etc. everyone wants to see a new dude succeed and so we try to answer you. but it's up to you to take our answers with a grain of salt and sometimes two until you understand the basics better.

the best advice i have been given and always give is to apply KISS theory to growing and life as well. KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID. the pants just want the basics and don't have a clue to how much the shit costs or the hype surrounding these products. so keep your coin in your pocket and buy simple ferts without adding a bunch of supplements.
perfect example = the famous super thrive bull shit. i call it bull shi because i used to use it on the regular based on the product advertisement and iffy science. Now, the science isn't that off it's just that that bs is the tup snake uil i know of for weed growers. i like others have done with and without super thrive and when i saw for myself it wasn't a difference i stopped buying it. it's that simple.

so, the moral to the story is this = once you have command of the basics and think you want to get better by adding supplements for various reasons do a side by side with and without. good to keep notes too so you don't fuck up based on your recall.

nice to have you here dude. enjoy yourself because you are in for one hell of a journey if you stick with the Sacred Plant.

Last edited:

Hillbilly

aloha hillbilly. shoot how the hell did u even find this site lol ?
so, google some basics growing stuff. it lets you get the general idea and answers most if not all the basic questions everyone one asks that have been answered to death.
check youtube for videos on things like making and doing cuts/clones, transplanting, how to top, fim, lst, prune etc etc. = it's good to see it real time instead of a written explanation. all i did was put in the search engine marijuan grow guid and got this

hell i didn't even need to spell it right that's how easy it is these days. for the new folks. yall got it good for real lol.

obviously sites like this with growers of various experience can be a huge help and learning experience too. many non-master growers have good/great ideas that can be used by all. always peruse the thread of interest to your questions and ideas to see what's already there. that's the most efficient way to get into the know imho.

nice to have you here dude. enjoy yourse;f because you are in for one hell of a journey if you stick with the Sacred Plant.
Oh I've googled everything I can think of and watched YouTube till my eyes bleed lol. I think it was YouTube that lead me to this place. I seen a few videos from the heisenbeans guy and liked em so I thot I'd give it a go. I've learned the hard way about talkin to ppl that are here in the town I live in. Got me a 5 year prison sentence so I don't do that shit no more. If they don't tell on ya they try n steal ur shit. This level of communication seems best for me till Kentucky goes legal. And I liked the idea of being part of a community like this with interests that may parallel others here. Thanks for the advice and the video. Thanks man

Stoned Cold Bulldog

Oh I've googled everything I can think of and watched YouTube till my eyes bleed lol. I think it was YouTube that lead me to this place. I seen a few videos from the heisenbeans guy and liked em so I thot I'd give it a go. I've learned the hard way about talkin to ppl that are here in the town I live in. Got me a 5 year prison sentence so I don't do that shit no more. If they don't tell on ya they try n steal ur shit. This level of communication seems best for me till Kentucky goes legal. And I liked the idea of being part of a community like this with interests that may parallel others here. Thanks for the advice and the video. Thanks man
i feel you brother. hell kentucky = act like a mute; hell anywhere act like a mute lol.
i like the community idea myself. but have realized the community is shall we say subjective. it include the good folks , the bad folks and the flakes as well.
So, keep your eyes open , ur heart to yourself and have fun .