Hermie self seeded

Dwnundr

Upside down
Hey all, question for the experienced chuckers. Looks like I've done myself a mischief and missed some saggy nuts on the lowers of a bruce banner and it's gone and fucked itself and got pregnant. Are these seeds going to viable? Or should I just throw them out because they will all be tranny whores? Also looks like there may be a couple of seeds in my regular cut I run. Will these also be viable? I actually hope these will be usable because I'd love to have a few seeds of this strain that is currently clone only. Even if it will be crossed with the banner.
Cheers for any Info.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
They are seeds that will grow plants. It probably depends on what your goal is and how much space you have. I think the main difference from running "pure-bred" reggies is that your cull rate will be higher, and not just with males. Having many plants and culling hermies like they were males just takes more room. I don't think I'd breed with them, but there will probably be some gems among the chaff.

I got 160 seeds from a party-cup plant that I didn't even know hermied. No way I'm throwing them out, but I may never grow them.

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
On my first grow, one of my plants hermied without me noticing until it was too late. I got hundreds of seeds.

For shits and giggles, I grew six of them. All of them turned out to be female. I never harvested them since they were outside and covered in aphids, but none of them hermied.

One of them had pink pistils!

F323B868-3AB2-490A-9392-A5F6F243F7B1.jpeg

As High Kev said be very careful. I personally wouldn’t bank a full grow on them unless I had nothing else to run.

High kev

Yankee seeds
Breeder
It’s hard figuring out the specifics of hermies and learning about hermies in the forums. Some people have high emotions when talking hermies it’s hard to get the right info sometimes. I’m still learning about them myself. I was in the same position you were in a few grows ago. I ran all my hermie beans after posting here asking if I should. A lot of people said throw them all away and don’t look back. But at the time that’s all I had. They all threw balls on me 😔. Plucked all off instead of culling and it worked out well still. Very few seedsmaybe 1 per eighth. Be vigilant if you run that route. At the end of the day any plant can herm I think. Maybe double check your grow room for light leaks and other factors that may stress them to herm. I’m just a noob though so idk 😐

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
Hey all, question for the experienced chuckers. Looks like I've done myself a mischief and missed some saggy nuts on the lowers of a bruce banner and it's gone and fucked itself and got pregnant. Are these seeds going to viable? Or should I just throw them out because they will all be tranny whores? Also looks like there may be a couple of seeds in my regular cut I run. Will these also be viable? I actually hope these will be usable because I'd love to have a few seeds of this strain that is currently clone only. Even if it will be crossed with the banner.
Cheers for any Info.
I'd certainly try a few based on how it happened.

A couple of us going thru some "nut" issues on here. Pretty much, I'll pick nuts if they are in one location position wise on the plant, if that makes sense lol. And they don't recurr. If there's nuts all over, it's done. Hard to pluck and get all of those. If they come back...it's done. That means it wants to nut and won't change.

Anyway, sounds like a good cross ;) You might have the next GG4 there!

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I think there may be a difference between a plant that has seeds because it's own pollen sacks spewed goo on it's flowers, and late-flower nanner-seeds from stress.

As far as I am concerned from a smoke standpoint, if I find a seed or two in good smoke, screw it. If the strain smokes good, but every time you grind some you few seeds, I'd grow them bitches too ;)

Conversely, I think that with the sheer volume of seeds being offered on here there is really no reason to waste effort on them. I would rather keep growing new strains and never look back.

Dwnundr

Upside down
Cheers everyone. I have a bit of room I could put another tent and maybe run a few and see what happens. My usual cut is as female as female gets. ive done everything to stress it out to almost the point of killing them over the years and it's never hermied on me. So maybe I'll have a better chance of finding something decent that leans more to her side pheno wise. We shall see what eventuates. Thanks again for the info.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
They can pass the gene on to the offspring (hermy prone) or not.

I have A LOT of accidental chucks. Just watch for intersex while you grow them and pull the plug if you have to.

You never know what can happen. Purple Welchie cake is delicious and strong. It lacks bud density.

Squelchy is growing FANTASTICLY. (Welchie (M) X Skunky VA(F). Smells like more berry less skunk. I am looking forward to it.

These seeds are just for fun now. I will grow a seed or 2 every now and then to see what happens. Welchie X Space Gorilla might be really nice...

But i have GREAT seeds so it is just to see what happens. What does it taste like etc.