Hermaphrodite Seeds

Amos Otis

Brisco's Bargain Beans
Any suggestions on strains for breeding prospects. Wouldn’t want to steal anyone’s strain or step on toes. But I gotta start somewhere cause it seems fun as sheet to develope my own strain. Where to start without stepping on toes Besides my Hermed seeds???
Breed the ones you like, give credit where it's due, and don't do straight up F2s or S2s for $$ if you didn't get permission of the creator.

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
Isn’t throwing bananas and being a herm the same thing?
I think he is referring to bananas as unpollinated seed sacks.
Sometimes they will form a couple "balls" or bananas. These will hold hollow seed like things.
Ive had them before with CrapKing gear before I started on my forum status as TerpyTy!
Oh how little,we knew back then. And we still have to learn. I am interested in starting a cs solution maker so I can get some good genetics for next years outdoor.
We Will grow good weed in this forbidden state!!!! It was 39°f omw to work @515 am. And 77° f when I got out. The plants that are out there CAN survive!! We just need a lil help from mama nature.
Lets really start chucking. Ha?

High kev

Yankee seeds
Breeder
I have a lot to learn and if I make mistakes it will be fun failing so once I get my shit together I’m gonna give it a go hopefully. I read an article about the solar system doin some crazy stuff every few hundred years or so and it tilts a bit off or suttin and it’s gonna be dip colder for the next few hundred years or so. I hope they are right about global warming or we may be screwed with these cold temp dips at night. My early morning smoke drives to work I can’t get off my mind how I was under some nice warm house with heat under the covers and my girls were out in this cold lol. I treat my ladies ruff

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
I believe mine hermaphroditism due to light leak and hot temps. The whole room turned hermaph three different strains. 28 or so different plants. I’ve heard people say toss them cause it passes onto off spring and u will have hermaphroditism all the time but I’m not 100% sure if mine hermaphroditism due to light leak or genetic. If it was from light leak and not genetic would that change anything. I don’t have much experience in the breeding aspect thanks for all replys and helping me learn
I think that a hermie, due to environment, that makes seeds, is worth checking out.
I was gonna say plant one or two to check them out but I see you are well past that stage, lol.

It's going to be interesting to see how those do. Please update once in a while, that's a decent sized sample to experiment with...analyze results with.

High kev

Yankee seeds
Breeder
Lol
I think that a hermie, due to environment, that makes seeds, is worth checking out.
I was gonna say plant one or two to check them out but I see you are well past that stage, lol.

It's going to be interesting to see how those do. Please update once in a while, that's a decent sized sample to experiment with...analyze results with.
Lol 😂 yes Unfortinutly it’s all I’m working with atm. So I had no choice unless we want to wait. Although not ideal I hope it works out. I have zero experience when it comes to chucking. So far the little that I do know about that breeding and chucking of growing I learned here. Can’t wait to learn more to start getting better at it. Can’t believe all the different tips and tricks I’ve learned so far by reading all these threads. Can’t wait to start putting them to use and getting better. Thanks for all the help and suggestions from everyone keep them coming please. I’m lovin’ paradise

Bodyne

PICK YOUR OWN
If the whole plant didn't herm, I think its a survival deal with the plant and the ones of my own Ive grown out, that appear sometimes on the lowers, for whatever reason, never hermie on me. I think the one or few beans produced, compared to the whole plant hermiing is a diff deal, if not deal then level of that trait. Recessive traits are always there, some are closer to the top than others. Same with dominant traits. I would grow em out and see what ya got before going big breeder balls out, lol. You very well may have hermaphrodite plants, or you may have a good female that crossed with the right male may bury that hermie trait some, you never know. jmho

Mr Blamo

Old Timer
Is it safe to assume that even though they started out as herms its been slowly being bred out of them by us, and i did know the glue cookies and chems have the naner tendancy but did not know their origins so thanks for that tidbit🖒🖒🖒
Ya some chems will herm iin later stages and some don't. I had a insane chem throw out balls at week 5. But I grew out copper chem and no signs of herm.

Oreguhnism

Really Active Member
dam 🙁 a lot of good strains have herm probs. What top shelf strains out there that you know that don’t have hermy issues lol
Not many imho, any thing can be stressed but it also keeps the genepool wider, which is probably a good thing for the future of chucking, once industry gets their hands on, genepools seem to narrow, unless im missing an obvious example.....nothing wrong with working gynodioecious aka subdioecious aka herm lines. Commercially some may disagree, but eh....

Opie1

Master Grower
Bubba
C99
Og
Blueberry
Gg
sour d
Chem

All probable "herms", aka gynodioecious some call it sub dioecious, but it just means a population pool of male/female/intersex from females, male populations- androecious
I think your wrong about C99 having a herm tendency. I’ve never had one herm or even heard of anyone else having one. It’s even been said that it’s hermie-proof if I’m not mistaken.

High kev

Yankee seeds
Breeder
I guess
I think your wrong about C99 having a herm tendency. I’ve never had one herm or even heard of anyone else having one. It’s even been said that it’s hermie-proof if I’m not mistaken.
any other herm proof strains that u know of??? I’m sure my room will put it to the test 😂

Last edited: