Help with leaf problems

Dr. Monty

Green Supremacist
Constantly having leaves that are too green even tho I feed at less than half strength but lately I’ve noticed some spotting. Also stems are reddish but strong.
I know there’s a little nute burn and they may look droopy but I just did a water only feed a few hours ago and They’ve already perked back up.

Using: promix with heavy 16 nutes and LED lights. Climate, ph, ppm is under control, no bugs or interference. (First grow)

First 3 images are the same plant and last 2 are a different one
:coffee:

Attachments

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Looks like the start of nutrient lockout or a pH issue to me. Are you watering and feeding until you get a quart or so of runoff? If not then they are probably locked out. Also, how often are you feeding them? If you are feeding them at half strength, with every watering, then you are feeding them too much. When I grew in ProMix I fed at 1/2 dose only once a week.

Dr. Monty

Green Supremacist
Looks like the start of nutrient lockout or a pH issue to me. Are you watering and feeding until you get a quart or so of runoff? If not then they are probably locked out. Also, how often are you feeding them? If you are feeding them at half strength, with every watering, then you are feeding them too much. When I grew in ProMix I fed at 1/2 dose only once a week.
Damn you’re probably right :cry: the calculator calls for 400 ml but I’m giving 150 about every 6 days or when she’s hungry. I haven’t flushed but I’m trying a rotation of feeding with water only then nutes next time. Fortunately those 2 are the worst out of all the girls

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
People have a tendency to over water and over fertilize. Best to watch the new growth and see if it is responding. Soil diagnosis runs a week behind because of soils "buffering" effect. I feed a small amount of nutes with every feed in Pro-Mix and let them dry out about once a week if possible. Cold temps retains water causing the plant to move toward dormancy to conserve energy. Root temps are very important.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
I keep the PH around 6, it may fluctuate by .1 sometimes.
do you guys think a flush is needed? And should I flush now or wait till they dry out again?
For ProMix you want your pH to be closer to a pH of 6.5. ProMix needs to be fed and maintained like a soil grow rather than a coco or hydro grow. I’d wait until they are ready to be watered, give them a good flush, and then give them a light feeding so the medium isn’t totally depleted.

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
I keep the PH around 6, it may fluctuate by .1 sometimes.
do you guys think a flush is needed? And should I flush now or wait till they dry out again?
Don’t pH in ProMix. That’s prolly your issue because whatever you’re using to pH is building up in the soil.

I’d flush them until there is some run off with un-pH’d feed.

Dr. Monty

Green Supremacist
For ProMix you want your pH to be closer to a pH of 6.5. ProMix needs to be fed and maintained like a soil grow rather than a coco or hydro grow. I’d wait until they are ready to be watered, give them a good flush, and then give them a light feeding so the medium isn’t totally depleted.
Great idea honestly (I’m a newb)

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
Even if it comes out around 8 ph?
Do you mean the run-off pH’s to 8?

I’m a relative newb to ProMix, but I can tell you this from two back to back grows.....

The first grow, I pH’d to 6.5ish religiously. By the end, they were barely hanging on. The leaves were all fucked up, crunchy and yellow and just not looking very healthy.

The next grow which I had started before the end of the other grow, I started with pH’ing to 6.5, but after seeing how the other plants turned out and a little research, I stopped pH’ing.

I feed every time I water and the pH of the liquid going in is 7.4 to 7.8, depending on how much nutes. My plants have never looked better!

Here’s a few shots of them.

D585A8C7-40AB-440F-AD23-2F19E007A588.jpeg722C7ECD-1B37-4983-9FD4-DFE5F0BF7005.jpeg1345BC00-5E3B-44E7-96B0-88B2C17D724D.jpeg56935447-897B-47C6-8B64-5A156F7C2D47.jpeg90D0A580-C9CE-4067-9DAA-63DC81E1B2A8.jpeg74012E25-06FB-4144-9B71-3EA1A705DAF5.jpeg

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Do you mean the run-off pH’s to 8?

I’m a relative newb to ProMix, but I can tell you this from two back to back grows.....

The first grow, I pH’d to 6.5ish religiously. By the end, they were barely hanging on. The leaves were all fucked up, crunchy and yellow and just not looking very healthy.

The next grow which I had started before the end of the other grow, I started with pH’ing to 6.5, but after seeing how the other plants turned out and a little research, I stopped pH’ing.

I feed every time I water and the pH of the liquid going in is 7.4 to 7.8, depending on how much nutes. My plants have never looked better!

Here’s a few shots of them.

View attachment 85332View attachment 85333View attachment 85334View attachment 85336View attachment 85337View attachment 85338
I wasn’t religious about pHing my water to 6.5, but I know it was in that area when I grew in ProMix HP. Your plants look better than mine did when I grew in it, though, so I’d go with your advice over mine for this.

Dr. Monty

Green Supremacist
Yeah his plants are beautiful.
I meant it came out of the faucet at around 8. I should still be testing the run off tho right?

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
8 is about the same as my tap water.

You can test run-off. I did once and didn’t find it useful.

ProMix is pH buffered with lime, that is why I believe you need not worry about pHing when using it.