Heisenbubbles Do it yourself RDWC build

Gweedo

PICK YOUR OWN
Does that kill cyanobacteria as well that crap is the reason i cant run a sterile res where i am, bennie tea has its advantages though

Gweedo

PICK YOUR OWN
And quick question heisen, i been using your basic tea recipe with greatwhite,a bit of ancient forest,hydroguard, and molasses for some reason hydroguard got pulled off all the shelves here in OK was wondering if i should be using the same amount of molasses if i try to brew without the hydroguard.

Heisen

Dont Need One
Admin
And quick question heisen, i been using your basic tea recipe with greatwhite,a bit of ancient forest,hydroguard, and molasses for some reason hydroguard got pulled off all the shelves here in OK was wondering if i should be using the same amount of molasses if i try to brew without the hydroguard.
25ml of molasses will last for 24 hrs no matter what you put in the bucket as long as you have a starting bacteria.
Look into amazon they can ship right to your door.

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
It kills everything. The biggest thing we have to worry about is diatomes. They multiply and fill the res with algae that rapidly depletes the oxygen causing the rolts to develop pythium. The uv will kill the diatomes.
Do you still need RO after the UV sterilizer and do you still run the bennie tea?

Heisen

Dont Need One
Admin
Tea from the bottom.of bucket should be super clean and no floaters

20190907_120650.jpg

Here's the system after I installed it.
New dechlorinater and all new hoses. You have to otherwise you'll cross contaminate the source water.

20190910_224003.jpg

Going back to aero now after getting this new system setup. Ill.post updates.

20190910_224255.jpg

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
No ro needed IMO unless your over 150 ppm
I'm at 140 after the dechlorinater so.its all im.using.
I dont see a need for tea if all your equipment is sterile and your using aero or rockwool.
I'm at 250 tap. Dechlorinator - IDK if it would take it down to over a 100 pts? Using rooters and hydroton.

Eric413

@Heisenbeans first of all thank you for all your info. Giving hydro a go u helped me out immensely. Almost got everything put together for a 12 bucket system. 2 questions. Your top off res is 40 gal tote to steer the system? Second I saw ur veg setup for the smaller tubs connected. Are thoughts two 27 gal totes? U never said anywhere what size it was as i recall. And U said u just put water from 2 totes in the other 4gal bucket system and it fills it perfectly as I recall? And why use 2 totes connected? Is there a reason or u can just use a 55 gal tote if it's long enough? if 2 smaller totes are better u think it would be ok to downsize to 3/4 pipe or 1/2? Wouldnt think the roots would get that big to clog them so early? Bulkhead are just cheaper so that would be nice.

Heisen

Dont Need One
Admin
@Heisenbeans first of all thank you for all your info. Giving hydro a go u helped me out immensely. Almost got everything put together for a 12 bucket system. 2 questions. Your top off res is 40 gal tote to steer the system? Second I saw ur veg setup for the smaller tubs connected. Are thoughts two 27 gal totes? U never said anywhere what size it was as i recall. And U said u just put water from 2 totes in the other 4gal bucket system and it fills it perfectly as I recall? And why use 2 totes connected? Is there a reason or u can just use a 55 gal tote if it's long enough? if 2 smaller totes are better u think it would be ok to downsize to 3/4 pipe or 1/2? Wouldnt think the roots would get that big to clog them so early? Bulkhead are just cheaper so that would be nice.
I used 2 totes together cause I need 12 plants. I suppose you could use a 55 but its gonna be more deep than long.
You cant downsize the Pipe because the return line will fill up the tote to fast before it goes into the other.
Just use one of your bulkhead pipes in the totes or but 2 extra bulkheads to connect them

SCJedi

Synergist

View attachment 21280

New dechlorinater and all new hoses. You have to otherwise you'll cross contaminate the source water.

View attachment 21281

View attachment 21282
Looks good I have the same system here only I use the Hydrologic Big Boy and their UV tube. 1" in/out

Heisen

Dont Need One
Admin
Looks good I have the same system here only I use the Hydrologic Big Boy and their UV tube. 1" in/out
Yeah I have the uv on the ro but the issue is when you clean your buckets your putting that bad water back on the surface of everything. I needed a uv sterelizer on my big water lines to use to clean tables and buckets.

Boybelue

Super Active Member
What's the flow rate on the UV sterilizer? I've been filling a 55 gal w/ro but I want a free flow dechlorinated water hose where I can just grab it an go.

Armdog

RDWC GROWER

View attachment 21280

View attachment 21281

View attachment 21282
is this the one you have?