Heisenbeans Auto project

Heisen

Dont Need One
Admin
Ill document progress here. We're building an auto line from scratch. After research this is what I chose to start with. Auto regs. Will be a lot easier to get the parent stocks before turning them into fem lines. I'm pretty confident I can stabilize a strong line in 3 generations. The F2s will be a larger hunt and parents will be selected based on #1 parameters
Does it Auto , structure and potency compared to my elite garden will be factors. Shit will be culled immediately.

I'll be putting together a forum comp as soon as the first fems are made using the genetics we use for all our seeds.

20220111_132706.jpg20220111_133523.jpg

Heisen

Dont Need One
Admin
Did you choose the Short Stuff #1 as a neutral starting point for the auto traits? Was it because it wouldn't water down the traits of the other genetics in your stable?
I wanted something as close to short autos as possible and as close to original auto. Some autos are bred to auto later on thus becoming big ass plants. When I cross keepers into my clone moms I want to select them for as close to the mother plants, don't need other traits to sort through.

ttystikk

Nerd Gone Vertical
So if I'm understanding this correctly, the way the seed companies are making their "autos" these days is by crossing the base auto with the target strain?

I'd like a bit more detail about "big plants" that "auto later" as well, as that could prove useful for my work in the future.

Heisen

Dont Need One
Admin
So if I'm understanding this correctly, the way the seed companies are making their "autos" these days is by crossing the base auto with the target strain?

I'd like a bit more detail about "big plants" that "auto later" as well, as that could prove useful for my work in the future.
Most of them.are making autos with seed stock, not even the correct genetics. Buying a pack of Humboldt gorilla glue and popping 6 seeds and using that to create there strains. The other half is just buying auto seeds, reversing a female and pollinating.
The longer it takes a plant to auto the larger it will get. These are semi autos imo and usually selected from the 25 percenters. An auto crossed to a photo will make 100 percent non auto seeds. 2 parent plants from those seeds will make 25 percent auto seeds. The 3rd generation if 2 parents are selected that auto at 45 days are bred majority of those offspring will be semi autos. If 2 plants are used that auto first those offspring will make fast auto plants.
Selections will be fierce. I own the cuts so selecting close parents will be easy. Another of people making autos have never owned the cuts so they have no idea what they are supposed to be like.

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone

ttystikk

Nerd Gone Vertical
Most of them.are making autos with seed stock, not even the correct genetics. Buying a pack of Humboldt gorilla glue and popping 6 seeds and using that to create there strains. The other half is just buying auto seeds, reversing a female and pollinating.
The longer it takes a plant to auto the larger it will get. These are semi autos imo and usually selected from the 25 percenters. An auto crossed to a photo will make 100 percent non auto seeds. 2 parent plants from those seeds will make 25 percent auto seeds. The 3rd generation if 2 parents are selected that auto at 45 days are bred majority of those offspring will be semi autos. If 2 plants are used that auto first those offspring will make fast auto plants.
Selections will be fierce. I own the cuts so selecting close parents will be easy. Another of people making autos have never owned the cuts so they have no idea what they are supposed to be like.
Fascinating stuff! I'm interested in 90 day "semiautos" because those would have a decent chance of filling a 6' tall trellis. That's awesome for a production setting for sure.

Once you have the characteristics you want in a given line, how close to zero variation can you get in the seeds? Not just sisters, not just fraternal twins but identical twins?

Heisen

Dont Need One
Admin
Fascinating stuff! I'm interested in 90 day "semiautos" because those would have a decent chance of filling a 6' tall trellis. That's awesome for a production setting for sure.

Once you have the characteristics you want in a given line, how close to zero variation can you get in the seeds? Not just sisters, not just fraternal twins but identical twins?
Depends how many lines are to be taken but I really don't think that can be achieved unless it's some IBL that was just left for years in the wild to take over. I can get these fairly close but I think it's always gonna have some variance. Cannabis lines are so diluted with hybrids it's gonna come out sooner than later

ttystikk

Nerd Gone Vertical
Depends how many lines are to be taken but I really don't think that can be achieved unless it's some IBL that was just left for years in the wild to take over. I can get these fairly close but I think it's always gonna have some variance. Cannabis lines are so diluted with hybrids it's gonna come out sooner than later
So there's no such thing as asexual seed production, then. I suspected that but I wasn't sure.

I did manage to clone and reverse an auto once; it took forever, I had to stress the poor thing pretty hard and the results were disappointing so I never tried it again. I wish I could remember the strain I did it with.

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
I tried the ruderalis route things seemed like they were working but then I would end up with some wonky shit 10-15 decent and 2-3 wonky traits I suspect the ruderalis had bad "habits" need a known seed source I never tried again

Heisen

Dont Need One
Admin
So there's no such thing as asexual seed production, then. I suspected that but I wasn't sure.

I did manage to clone and reverse an auto once; it took forever, I had to stress the poor thing pretty hard and the results were disappointing so I never tried it again. I wish I could remember the strain I did it with.
Everything will.here on the thread. Flower pics , details all that shit