Have you seen this before? Name the def

TrailBlazer12747

correct! :)

ive only slurry tested 1 or 2 times before
This isn't testing runoff though.
Runoff will have a concentrated amount of nutes leeched from the whole of the pot to a small amount of water relatively speaking.
A slurry test uses a set amount of soil with a set amount of water and so is much more accurate.

Kinda like making coffee vs espresso. Lol
Test a little bit with a little bit of water and it's normal coffee. Run a little water through alot of coffee you get espresso.
Same here , twenty years ago this was thought to make it degrade . Funny what was theory back then 😂
Ok guys i did some ph testing with ph strips. My tap water is somewhere between 8-8.5!!!
I did the slurry test first with distilled water and it came out perfect 7. Then I did it with tap water, which is what ive been using to water them, and it came out to 8+. This must certainly be the issue. Ph down will cure all?

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
Internode spacing is almost zero. This is a clone of my LVTK that ive grown for years now. I grow in fox farms ocean forest. Ive added lime to help keep ph where it should be. I water with tap water that has a ph of around 7 usually. I havent checked it in awhile bc i need a new pen. This plant lacks vigor and is growing very funny looking. It has also happened to some of my other clones as well. Adding calmag to EVERY watering seems to help quite a bit. But my LVTK will not snap out of it. Is this a ph issue, or a deficiency of some sort? For awhile it would only throw 3 finger leaves. Im at loss. Maybe zinc def caused by ph imbalance? Is it possible to put too much dolomite lime in soil? Any help is appreciated

View attachment 44907View attachment 44908View attachment 44909
I believe you have Nitrogen toxicity from "hot" mixed soil and not enough water to keep the nutrients from building up in the soil. (plant is pulling more nutes than water.)
Flush her real good. Water good and let set for 15 min to breakdown and loosen the salts. Then give her a good flushing and in a week, she will be growing again.

Artisan_tek

Insanely Active Member
Ok guys i did some ph testing with ph strips. My tap water is somewhere between 8-8.5!!!
I did the slurry test first with distilled water and it came out perfect 7. Then I did it with tap water, which is what ive been using to water them, and it came out to 8+. This must certainly be the issue. Ph down will cure all?
Your water going in (tap water) is to high. When you add nutes this will also sometimes change the ph so dont think the ph is just stable. It changes and you have to keep an eye on it.

somewhere in the 6.0-6.8 is what you want for soil.

TrailBlazer12747

I got some ph down ordered. I will flush and add some hydrogen peroxide and hope that helps things get straightened out. Definitely gonna keep a closer eye on the ph from here on out. I thought with the lime it would cut out all the work of checking ph. Thanks for all the replies. Ill get these girls back healthy

sfrigon1

Seed Aficionado
I got some ph down ordered. I will flush and add some hydrogen peroxide and hope that helps things get straightened out. Definitely gonna keep a closer eye on the ph from here on out. I thought with the lime it would cut out all the work of checking ph. Thanks for all the replies. Ill get these girls back healthy
I fill up a plastic bin I think it's like ten gal? With water and ten drops of down gets me to 6.4 . I barely even check it anymore. This lasts me maybe a week but it's very convenient

Attachments