Have you seen this before? Name the def

TrailBlazer12747

Internode spacing is almost zero. This is a clone of my LVTK that ive grown for years now. I grow in fox farms ocean forest. Ive added lime to help keep ph where it should be. I water with tap water that has a ph of around 7 usually. I havent checked it in awhile bc i need a new pen. This plant lacks vigor and is growing very funny looking. It has also happened to some of my other clones as well. Adding calmag to EVERY watering seems to help quite a bit. But my LVTK will not snap out of it. Is this a ph issue, or a deficiency of some sort? For awhile it would only throw 3 finger leaves. Im at loss. Maybe zinc def caused by ph imbalance? Is it possible to put too much dolomite lime in soil? Any help is appreciated

15800545876168798297010862765277.jpg15800547140625763738789553260694.jpg15800547688824104796439961816881.jpg

Artisan_tek

Insanely Active Member
Whats you environment like? temp? humidity ? How often are you watering. Using nutes? What kind, how much, how often?>

1st you should figure out what your ph is going in and coming out. Same thing with your ppms

For soil, i like keeping my ph at 6.2 -6.6. and ppms for smaller plants i try to hit the 500 to 600 range and increase as it gets bigger. Every plant is going to be different. Some plants will eat alot and some plants burn adding 1/2 strength nutes.

Ph inbalance more often than not looks like nutrient burn bc when your ph starts to drift outa range it starts locking out certain nutrients.

TrailBlazer12747

Thanks for the reply.
Temps stay between 65-75 F
Humidity between 40-50%
I water as needed, about every 3 days. Ive been feeding calmag every time bc it seems to help, 10 ML per Gallon. Ive got jacks veg and bloom but i havent used any yet as it really shouldn't need it with the fox farms soil. The ph must be out of whack. Should i add more lime? Whats a good way to trouble shoot the ph of the soil and water. Thanks for the help. I hate chasing my tail when it comes to ph issues. Thats why i added dolomite lime to start with

Thanks for the reply.
Temps stay between 65-75 F
Humidity between 40-50%
I water as needed, about every 3 days. Ive been feeding calmag every time bc it seems to help, 10 ML per Gallon. Ive got jacks veg and bloom but i havent used any yet as it really shouldn't need it with the fox farms soil. The ph must be out of whack. Should i add more lime? Whats a good way to trouble shoot the ph of the soil and water. Thanks for the help. I hate chasing my tail when it comes to ph issues. Thats why i added dolomite lime to start with
Fox Farm soil don't really need anything added to it. It has enough in it to get you through a good 3-4 weeks without adding any nutes. I used FFOF strictly and their nutes. I feed once a week and water once a week. I add calmag in my watering not feeds. Never Ph'd a thing in my life either.

TrailBlazer12747

How much of the lime did you add per gallon of soil? Are all the plants having issues had the lime added to them also?
To me it looks like multiple defs going on.
Either ph is off, too high imho looking at them, or there's now too much cal carbonate. The carbonate in excess can antagonize alot of other nutes.
The cal mag you add is it a cal nitrate version?
I added about a cup of lime per 3 gallons of soil. I didn't know you could add too much of it. Yikes.
Yes it is cal nitrate. Seems to help big time for the other plants affected. The LVTK wont snap out of it. But yes all the plants seemed to be stunted for awhile

sfrigon1

Seed Aficionado
Internode spacing is almost zero. This is a clone of my LVTK that ive grown for years now. I grow in fox farms ocean forest. Ive added lime to help keep ph where it should be. I water with tap water that has a ph of around 7 usually. I havent checked it in awhile bc i need a new pen. This plant lacks vigor and is growing very funny looking. It has also happened to some of my other clones as well. Adding calmag to EVERY watering seems to help quite a bit. But my LVTK will not snap out of it. Is this a ph issue, or a deficiency of some sort? For awhile it would only throw 3 finger leaves. Im at loss. Maybe zinc def caused by ph imbalance? Is it possible to put too much dolomite lime in soil? Any help is appreciated

View attachment 44907View attachment 44908View attachment 44909
Did it sit in dark for a length of time or was it neglected like by others crowding/ blocking light? I received a momma from someone that looked like this and that was my theory , sorry if stupid question

TrailBlazer12747

Really anything in excess is bad.
Well except fat buds and such, excess is great there.
My understanding of dolomite lime was that it was a neutral ph and it would not go above 7 no matter what. I shouldve done more research on that. Im going to get some ph strips and do slurry test. Heres a pic of the rest of the plants. They dont look terrible but they arent as vigorous as they should be. If you zoom in you can see some necrosis on some lowers and malformed leaves20200126_110823.jpg

sfrigon1

Seed Aficionado
I got it it's gotta be pathogens and or some kind of buildup. That is a really old clone and I'm pretty sure so was the one I was talking about. Especially if u are trying to treat it it may get worse,? That momma I had was really old

TrailBlazer12747

I got it it's gotta be pathogens and or some kind of buildup. That is a really old clone and I'm pretty sure so was the one I was talking about. Especially if u are trying to treat it it may get worse,? That momma I had was really old
I dont keep moms. Instead i take clones once there in veg before putting into flower.That way i dont have to have a dedicated room for moms. Ive spent a couple months trying to get this to grow right. I havent looked into hydrogen peroxide but ill try anything at this point

Artisan_tek

Insanely Active Member
You can do a slurry test to check the ph of your soil.
Need distilled or RO water, and a good ph pen or strips.
Take soil samples from various areas of medium.
Mix in water really well, let sit a minute or so, strain off soil, coffee filter works well, check ph of the resulting water.
This is the same thing you would do to check your ppms. ppm/ec pen and then test the runoff to see how hot your soils running.

Artisan_tek

Insanely Active Member
I dont keep moms. Instead i take clones once there in veg before putting into flower.That way i dont have to have a dedicated room for moms. Ive spent a couple months trying to get this to grow right. I havent looked into hydrogen peroxide but ill try anything at this point
Thats what i do to. I dont have moms...I just keep taking clones before flipping them into flower. rinse and repeat

Artisan_tek

Insanely Active Member
This isn't testing runoff though.
Runoff will have a concentrated amount of nutes leeched from the whole of the pot to a small amount of water relatively speaking.
A slurry test uses a set amount of soil with a set amount of water and so is much more accurate.

Kinda like making coffee vs espresso. Lol
Test a little bit with a little bit of water and it's normal coffee. Run a little water through alot of coffee you get espresso.
correct! :)

ive only slurry tested 1 or 2 times before