Has anyone seen hash temple balls soften with age?

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
I made some temple balls using Frenchie Cannoli's method and put a couple of them (each sealed in tightly wrapped & twisted cellophane put in a small concentrate jar) in a sealed ammo can in a cool dark room over a year ago.

When I put them in there a year ago they were soft, but firm, at room temp. What I mean by that is they would hold their shape at room temp but, if you rolled them in your hands to warm them up, they would very slowly flatten out on the bottom.

I just checked them today and they are both very soft at room temperature...like as soft as soft bubblegum. The color hasn't changed, at all, so I'm wondering if maybe this is just part of the aging process? I haven't tried any yet but I might try some tomorrow.

D

Deleted member 60

I have not seen it go more soft in a "soft bubblegum" way...but I have seen it turn into more of an "earwax" consistency.

Could be fun :D Let us know how the cure went/taste/etc.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
There's probably a lot of variables, might burn more like hash oil than hash. I bet there is a "feel" to it (during the process a year ago), and over or under working it probably does stuff like that.

1. Did you get high?
2. Was it nice?
3. Did you die?

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Like, some strains will put out a ton of kief in the grinder - some will gum it up. Both looked frosty in flower and were dried and cured the same. Like that. It could be the strain.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
There's probably a lot of variables, might burn more like hash oil than hash. I bet there is a "feel" to it (during the process a year ago), and over or under working it probably does stuff like that.

1. Did you get high?
2. Was it nice?
3. Did you die?
I tried the first ones after about 2 months of aging and it was amazing. I'll try some of this tomorrow and will see how it is.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
For anyone fallowing along...
I didn't have a chance to try it on Saturday. I sent Frenchy a message about this today and he replied saying it can happen. He recommends storing and aging the hash at 50°f - 55°f and said that the 65°f I was storing mine at is pretty high. I'm waiting to hear back from him on whether or not it is still usable when this happens.

Evergreengardener

Agronomist,
I didn't have a chance to try it on Saturday. I sent Frenchy a message about this today and he replied saying it can happen. He recommends storing and aging the hash at 50°f - 55°f and said that the 65°f I was storing mine at is pretty high. I'm waiting to hear back from him on whether or not it is still usable when this happens.
if the hash didnt mold its usable

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
WTF is 55 degrees? It ain't my house so room temp's out. It ain't the fridge which should be nowhere near that warm. Do you bury it in the fucking ground or something? :ROFLMAO: 🤷‍♂️ Please ask LOL - my "hash-specific-fridge" budget ain't what it used to be...

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
WTF is 55 degrees? It ain't my house so room temp's out. It ain't the fridge which should be nowhere near that warm. Do you bury it in the fucking ground or something? :ROFLMAO: 🤷‍♂️ Please ask LOL - my "hash-specific-fridge" budget ain't what it used to be...
Yeah, I think I would need to get a wine fridge for that. I bet a fridge would probably be fine, though.

Turpman

PICK YOUR OWN
I had cookies and chem go liquid on me. I think it just depends on the strain. A lot of my bubble goes soft to actually leakimg a little oil out. Like frenchy says its a good thing. My cookies and chem works well in the e dab rig.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
As hash ages the flavor and aroma change and become more refined. Incredibly so. Crack into the shell and its kind of oozy loose in he middle and the aroma hits you...what is that smell..and every strain is different. The terps mellow and change..the spice comes on strong...

2 months and it starts really getting good...3 months...so nice...beyond that i would have to stash it on myself...cause its going in the pipe.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
As hash ages the flavor and aroma change and become more refined. Incredibly so. Crack into the shell and its kind of oozy loose in he middle and the aroma hits you...what is that smell..and every strain is different. The terps mellow and change..the spice comes on strong...

2 months and it starts really getting good...3 months...so nice...beyond that i would have to stash it on myself...cause its going in the pipe.
The two I have left have been sealed up since October 16th, 2019, so they are at close to 18 months of aging.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
I opened one up and it smelled so good I broke my “no weed on work nights” rule so I could taste it. This shit feels like roofing tar at room temp. It is so sticky that I had to put my hand in the freezer to cool it off enough to get it off my fingers. It wasn’t as soft as I thought, but still pretty soft and gooey compared to when I wrapped them. It felt super soft because a gas bubble had formed inside the temple ball. I put a tiny ball of it in my Dynavap, took two puffs, and it has that nice smooth old school hash taste with a nice and thick vapor.
Here’s a gif showing how soft and gooey it is. I had to freeze it to get the cellophane off of it.

5C8412C1-23B8-46E8-BF4B-5F23028BD9F5.gif