Has anyone had this happen before?

MtRainDog

Blümen Meister
All you can really do is let it try to germ and maybe help it break free of the shell if you think it's struggling.

It is a bit odd. I’ve never seen that before, but I’ve definitely seen seedlings struggle to break free of their shell. Just be careful if you have to intervene.

All you can really do is let it try to germ and maybe help it break free of the shell if you think it's struggling.

It is a bit odd. I’ve never seen that before, but I’ve definitely seen seedlings struggle to break free of their shell. Just be careful if you have to intervene.
Thanks for the advice. Today is only day one in the paper towel so I’ll give it some more time and see what happens.
What are the chances that 2 seeds out of 4 do that?

sfrigon1

Seed Aficionado
Thanks for the advice. Today is only day one in the paper towel so I’ll give it some more time and see what happens.
What are the chances that 2 seeds out of 4 do that?
I had a big bud fem do that a few weeks back , it almost looked like it was backwards , I think mine was just curled up in there but it ended up popping w a little help from my finger nail

I had a big bud fem do that a few weeks back , it almost looked like it was backwards , I think mine was just curled up in there but it ended up popping w a little help from my finger nail
Thanks, good to know she is not doomed.
That’s what I think it is. The seeds is separating from the ass end.

Lady Zandra

They may J-root... if it does-- it still might be able to grow... plant it very shallowly so it can reach for the light. re-bury any part of the root that tries to grow out of the soil.... crossed fingers!!!