Harvesting out door crop methods

Burned Haze

Really Active Member

read first and second post I did

key to what I do for dry hanging ( keyness go hand drying and all process and curing is leave it alone and proper environment , its a art and shows at the end)was : hanging hooks in the wall and using heavy duty wire ( I have 1000lb will wire + heavy duty hooks on each end) than connect em on each side of the wall, make sure to label each wall line, ( it’s funny cause if you don’t Inless your room is perfect the lines will be different, better to label em for future use)

if your plants or operation is small , cut your branches into smaller pieces and put em onto clothes hangers and the onto the line

than hang em in there for 7-14 days in perfect conditions and follow what I said in that url above . I use my quest 155 (set at 62%) and air not hitting it ( key is not air hitting the bud ) and a airoclean420 ( kills 100% of all virus, molds and voc ) to guratee perfect room no contamination . And watch all of on my pulse and if it goes above or below 62%, I adjust

too many guys wanna remove the leafs at the start or have light son or wet trim, big no-no’s. No wonder their bud is brown Or no terps; wonder why? Duh

D

Deleted member 60

That's a wide open kinda question @High kev . Everybody has a different set up available to them and goes about it differently according to their intents. I have different methods for different times of the year. I know how to read the buds and adjust the speed of the dry to get where I want to be...even in the driest of conditions. (aka..Colorado). I also do things far differently now for personal uses than I did back in the day when I was expecting to be paid for my wares.

For my outdoor.....At this time of the year things just fall into place nicely here. If I pull my plants into my garage I can hit 60% humidity and 60F without doing much of anything. I'm one of the guys who wanna remove all the fans and wet trim cus I hate trimming dry leaf. Never worked here. I also make a bunch of hash with my bud/trim so waiting/drying is a no-no on that front and trimming is light overall. Strip the fans and anything w/o visible trichs...chop the buds off...freeze ASAP. The buds we keep for our own smoke get a tad more attention trim-wise and a (roughly) 2 week hang and then go into oven bags inside sealable containers and into the closet. I'm smoking on the last of last year's offering currently (11 months old) and it's really smooth and tasty.

I hope you have a place/way to do a controlled, extended dry. Good luck finishing things up!

Thomasbruh

Ditchweed grower
Yeah really just depends on your area for climate. I was wet trimming and dry trimming when I had a tent going. (Wet to get everything going because I knew it was controlled and didn’t have to worry and “better on trichomes because of it holding all that moisture still” no test results for proof and haven’t tried personally. And dry to get what shows more after shrinking up.) now I don’t wet because it’s gets to dry some days so I’ll have the extra moisture to make sure I can hit the week at least and trim slowly as I and check on it.

Thomasbruh

Ditchweed grower
Also curing I saw a video of using air pump for “burping” and 5 gallon buckets (hose at the bottom to make sure air hit bottom and extra hose for moving it around. Depending on if it’s a scale harvest of few pounds, heard about two pounds per bucket. Just buy sealed lids.

Last edited: