Growing in a legal state

SCJedi

Synergist
I currently grow in a legal state. I have also grown in a bunch of no-no states as well. I only ever went into a dispensary to buy seeds or sell flowers and concentrates. I'd never buy there wares.

Now that it's legal I grow WAAAAY less than I used to. I smoke/consume less as well but I give most of what I have away to my ill niece.

D

Deleted member 60

Still grow far more than I need....but yes....less overall. The dispensaries only play into the equation because they changed the face of the market here completely. Connections fell through/folks went elsewhere/in-state supplies are so huge that prices fell by 3/4. Everybody has pot. Nobody is "looking" anymore.

So..like SC...I give away most of it to friends/sick folks in my world. Not smoking less though...just smoking smarter.

I like the fact that everything is produced by me. I make my own nutrition (worm castings and compost). I can probably guarantee that these flowers at the dispensaries are loaded with chemicals. I was wondering because I've grown in a no - no state for a long time. The state is finally going to be legal. I have always given my stuff away for free to sick people and friends. I love to grow everything, I was just wondering if anyone lost the motivation?

Last edited:

SCJedi

Synergist
I grow because I love growing. I would do it if my niece didn't have a brain tumor. Everything that I grow for her is lovingly crafted living soil, predatory mites, essential oils, OMRI/Organic, homemade teas, etc.

@Delila's Genetics, yes, there is some money to be made in the rec market but it is likely not through legal means. You are either a black market but boutique grower or you have to be prepared to step up and make a solid footprint and that takes accredited investors ($1m+ liquid), a business plan, a competitive advantage, skin in the game, and salary-free work for a while.

Not all black market goes across state lines but a lot of it does. It follows the money.

SCJedi

Synergist
May I ask if you give your niece Rick Simpson oil.

Also, its funny I listen to this last night.

I make her RSO regularly. She loves it. When I drive up to her I often drive home with a case or two of Everclear since you can no longer purchase it in California nor Nevada.

She also really likes the heavy-hitting Indicas so I primarily try to make sure my Blackwater is in rotation

RSO is great. I made RSO gummies for a buddy of mine who at 33 needed his hips replaced due to internal bleeding. They gave him Oxycontin and he said he couldn't function, he would just sit back and drool. I made him the gummies and he said the gummies where as strong but he was able to be functional.

D

Deleted member 60

There's still a Black Market here in CO.....but it isn't anything like the old days. $100 oz's and the same risk there ever was for sales....not that anyone is looking.....but for most folks who've been there/done that...it's not a focus/is more of an occasional thing if it isn't just given away outright.

The new gig isn't profitable but it IS freeing. I love tossin shit at folks and watchin em stammer and talk of "Whatta I owe ya?"....then say "just take it and enjoy it....yer doin me a favor...LOL"

shimz

vapest
Less now for all the reasons above. That said there is still a thriving black market and will be until they quit the taxman bullshit.

Bodyne

PICK YOUR OWN
Best thing ever, for nervous folks. Funny thing is, in MO since legal, the black market is shit, even coming from other states, price went up, brick left the scene, and the product is almost gawdawful at 250-300. Hardly get a mouse high. Not looking to make any money, looking to keep myself from spending money on meds, whole reason I grow, Im envious of your cash croppers past and present. I could never do it and I hardly ever see evidence that those boys saved hardly a dime. Not all of couse, some were smart, saved a penny here and there, but many are no better off, lol, before slangin. Clubs are ok if you have the money to burn, or are in between rounds. Im actually lookin into trying to gather up a lil coop in my area to help with cuts, plants, consulting, etc. Not sure of legalities, etc, just a pipe dream. See where many are already having seminars, charging fees of course, lol. For the knowledge you can get off reading a decent grow forum. Just like tryin to help folks. Maybe donate a lil bit to offset costs, but no cash croppin. jmho

D

Deleted member 60

Stick to your lonesome and rock the fuck out of it. Co-ops and partnerships are very risky if you are flying at altitude. $250-300? Fuckin' A. Game the fuck on. Hit it hard while you can. Nothing lasts forever.