GrowdaddyLEDs

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
I on the other hand lol.... How much could you build say a Spectrum X LED equiv using growdaddyleds components TerpyTyrone?
View attachment 97274
I can look into it later.
If you want to step up your finished product even more then I'd run the wires on the inside of the angle aluminum and use small zipties to hold it in place. The green dotted lines would be the wires on the inside of the angle aluminum, blue is zipties. If you don't want to drill, or use zipties, then some good quality hot glue in the channels would hold the wire in place, too.
View attachment 97277
Quality feedback!

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
In this application id have to use grommets where the wire penetrated the metal. That'd be my only drawback.
No need to go through the aluminum with the wire, just bend it 90° after it come off the strip, and then bend it around and into the channel. I tried to show that with the green lines but it came out messy.

Big Terps

Growing on a dime
It all depends on what have connected to the driver, and how hard you push the driver. I run the 150W driver with 4 strips connected and pushed to 180W.
Ya it just kinda puzzled me when u can look up the specs on a driver, and it says max output of 350w , but it can actually go alittle higher..
Guess its like u said, it all depends on what u got it connected to..
Thx TFC

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Ya it just kinda puzzled me when u can look up the specs on a driver, and it says max output of 350w , but it can actually go alittle higher..
Guess its like u said, it all depends on what u got it connected to..
Thx TFC
They usually rate them lower than they are capable of so people don’t push them too hard and shorten the lifespan of the electronics. If you push them too hard, they will run hotter, and that can shorten the lifespan of the driver.

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
They usually rate them lower than they are capable of so people don’t push them too hard and shorten the lifespan of the electronics. If you push them too hard, they will run hotter, and that can shorten the lifespan of the driver.
It'll push close to 400. I rounded up. The strips are rated for 50,watts each. 8 strips each light.
@Bustenbeans put a watt meter on it. I think it was 392 all the way up

Bustenbeans

Smoke pot, eat twat and smile alot
It'll push close to 400. I rounded up. The strips are rated for 50,watts each. 8 strips each light.
@Bustenbeans put a watt meter on it. I think it was 392 all the way up
Yeah we have videos of them drivers hooked up to an amp/watt tool and the Apogee 500 the video's were to big to load I'll toss some of terpys ppfd maps with a single 350 and show what they can max out at. Yup 390 and then some

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
5x5 is 25 sq ft.
32w/ sq ft is standard.
25 x 32 = 800 watts.
I didnt get my drivers yet or I wouldve powered the beast up.
This is 8 strips @50w each. 2 per heatsink.
Custom heatsinks, junction box and riveted, no screws.
Growdaddy just makes the strips. Its all about the intricacies my brother. HMUView attachment 97271View attachment 97272
Why not run drivers on both ends, just as long as they are the same voltage? You should get double the photon bounce in the shock wave. Potential for increased efficacy of over 4.20 umols/sec/m/sq etc.
I call it my "G spring" configuration. lol

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
In this application id have to use grommets where the wire penetrated the metal. That'd be my only drawback.
I use old air line or hydro drip tube and a drill a hole and insert a short pc of tubing for the wire to ride through. I will heat up the end of the tubing and flair it with a pencil or something so it snug fits and doesn't come loose. Or feed the wire through and melt the tube over the wires at those high risk cut spots.