GrowdaddyLEDs

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Has anyone been in touch with Peter lately? I sent him a text the other day asking about a custom order, then emailed him yesterday about the same, and haven't received a reply from him to either. He usually replies pretty quickly so I hope he's still selling kits.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
Has anyone been in touch with Peter lately? I sent him a text the other day asking about a custom order, then emailed him yesterday about the same, and haven't received a reply from him to either. He usually replies pretty quickly so I hope he's still selling kits.
I'm going back and adding COB's to get deeper penetration. Those strips aren't cutting it for me. You got to lay the lights on the canopy to get any photons down deep. My "sweet spot" is a lot thicker with the Vero 29's added.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
I'm going back and adding COB's to get deeper penetration. Those strips aren't cutting it for me. You got to lay the lights on the canopy to get any photons down deep. My "sweet spot" is a lot thicker with the Vero 29's added.
I've been running 3500K LM561C strips in my 4x4 (not from him though) and haven't been able to get too close to the canopy without causing issues. His sunstrips run a little more pink than the ones I run in my 4x4 and they can definitely be run closer to the canopy. I'm just looking to build a dim-able setup for my friend's small tent (32" x 32") so his sunstrips should work fine for that.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
I've been running 3500K LM561C strips in my 4x4 (not from him though) and haven't been able to get too close to the canopy without causing issues. His sunstrips run a little more pink than the ones I run in my 4x4 and they can definitely be run closer to the canopy. I'm just looking to build a dim-able setup for my friend's small tent (32" x 32") so his sunstrips should work fine for that.
I'm growing small trees this time around and need more "focused" light, I have the COBs already mounted on the bars and stuck 4 strips on the bars.
4 x Vero 29's and 4 x 301B/H's with UV and IR on 5.88" x 36" heatsinks.
480 watts each bar.
Maybe a tiny bit of "overkill".
4 of them in a 4 x 4 =1920 watts potential.
Thank God for dimmers. lol

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
I'm growing small trees this time around and need more "focused" light, I have the COBs already mounted on the bars and stuck 4 strips on the bars.
4 x Vero 29's and 4 x 301B/H's with UV and IR on 5.88" x 36" heatsinks.
480 watts each bar.
Maybe a tiny bit of "overkill".
4 of them in a 4 x 4 =1920 watts potential.
Thank God for dimmers. lol
Holy shit that's a LOT of light for a 4x4! You can run them nice and cool though!

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
I have so many COBs, (over 60 Vero 29 Gen 7's) and CREE diodes from previous builds, I don't know what to do with them all.
Then, I started buying the strips from Peter.
I took my 6 Atreum 360pc QB's and ripped them in 1/2 to make them thinner to mount on smaller width bar heatsinks.
I'm always doing something different.

Opie1

Master Grower
Vacation maybe?

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
I just got an order last week.
I shouldve started a growdaddyled thread earlier.
I use his strips in series-parellel @50w each. I run 34 in heatsinks with 2 of his strips on each sink.
I use his strips because of him and his prices. Hes good people. I have his number if he doesnt get back to ya in a few days i could shoot him a text0712212057.jpg0712212059.jpg0712212057a.jpg0712212100.jpg

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
I just got an order last week.
I shouldve started a growdaddyled thread earlier.
I use his strips in series-parellel @50w each. I run 34 in heatsinks with 2 of his strips on each sink.
I use his strips because of him and his prices. Hes good people. I have his number if he doesnt get back to ya in a few days i could shoot him a textView attachment 96894View attachment 96895View attachment 96896View attachment 96897
He just replied to the email I sent him, so all is good. I'm just used to him replying to my texts pretty quickly so I wanted to make sure he wasn't away or something.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
This is what I'm fooling around with today.
2' x 3' x 5.88 and 6.08 heatsinks
8 COBs on a HLG-480-A-1400mA
4 strips on a HLG-240-A-2100mA
6 strips on a HLG-240-A-1400mA
I don't think I need the 6 strips on center bar,
SAM_0898.JPGSAM_0902.JPGSAM_0899.JPGbut adding it cause it looks good. lol

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
View attachment 96908View attachment 96909View attachment 96910but adding it cause it looks good. lol
You aren't worried about all those strips in the center creating too much of a hot spot. By "hot spot" I mean in light intensity not actual heat.

Streetpro09

Tester
View attachment 96908View attachment 96909View attachment 96910but adding it cause it looks good. lol
Looks good. Maybe only 4 strips would have done the trick. Dimmers work so you'll have to tell us how much you turn them up. Where did you get your cobs from?

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
Looks good. Maybe only 4 strips would have done the trick. Dimmers work so you'll have to tell us how much you turn them up. Where did you get your cobs from?
I bought my COBs from Rapid Led.
I didn't hook up the center 6 bar. Will save them for another project.
I just have the COB's running at the moment. I have Ledil reflectors and mag lens for all the COBs also, but seldom use them.
With the reflector and lens I can pull close to 3000 PAR. lol
I overkill everything I build. 5 years of buying leds and drivers, I got quite a big stockpile and really nowhere to hang them so I play around with different combos all the time.
Everything I have is interchangeable.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
I noticed that Timber quit sending reflectors with lights unless asked for saying raised heat at the chip head but I have a couple I made with lenses they seem fine.
I can see where that could pose a problem. Some don't realize you can push up to 4200mA through a Vero 29 Gen 7. That's around 200 watts. I've never run any over 2400mA. That would heat up. I'd use only the reflector base ring.
To direct the beam angle slightly.
Personally, I have never lost any of the Vero 29's. They are workhorses and dependable.

idolized

Really Active Member
Sorry going to hijack your thread to ask a few questions about growdaddyleds. So I want to build a high end 5x5 light with strips (not worried about cost) I’d like UV, far red, and blues in the mix. I see TerpyTyrone is the resident LED builder, so maybe throw some knowledge at me.

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
Sorry going to hijack your thread to ask a few questions about growdaddyleds. So I want to build a high end 5x5 light with strips (not worried about cost) I’d like UV, far red, and blues in the mix. I see TerpyTyrone is the resident LED builder, so maybe throw some knowledge at me.
5x5 is 25 sq ft.
32w/ sq ft is standard.
25 x 32 = 800 watts.
I didnt get my drivers yet or I wouldve powered the beast up.
This is 8 strips @50w each. 2 per heatsink.
Custom heatsinks, junction box and riveted, no screws.
Growdaddy just makes the strips. Its all about the intricacies my brother. HMU0810212044.jpg0810212044a.jpg

I on the other hand lol.... How much could you build say a Spectrum X LED equiv using growdaddyleds components TerpyTyrone?
spectrumximages_608x608.jpg

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
5x5 is 25 sq ft.
32w/ sq ft is standard.
25 x 32 = 800 watts.
I didnt get my drivers yet or I wouldve powered the beast up.
This is 8 strips @50w each. 2 per heatsink.
Custom heatsinks, junction box and riveted, no screws.
Growdaddy just makes the strips. Its all about the intricacies my brother. HMUView attachment 97271View attachment 97272
If you want to step up your finished product even more then I'd run the wires on the inside of the angle aluminum and use small zipties to hold it in place. The green dotted lines would be the wires on the inside of the angle aluminum, blue is zipties. If you don't want to drill, or use zipties, then some good quality hot glue in the channels would hold the wire in place, too.
Inked0810212044a_LI.jpg