Grow shed

High kev

Yankee seeds
Breeder
I Was thinking of building a grow shed. Maybe a hybrid growshed/greenhouse. It would have to be inconspicuous or it probabaly won’t work and would just be used as a shed otherwise. It would be nice to incorporate the sun but if that would not make it inconspicuous then maybe would have to just stick to a shed. Anyone with some good ideas I’m all ears? I need some good ideas

Mr Blamo

Old Timer
Well when I lived in Banff I couldn't grow nothing outside cause the elk were eating my plants lol if it wasn't them it was mule deers.
So I dug out the ground and made a trench that was 4 foot deep. was 3 foot x 10 foot.
Used 2x2 for posts every 2 feet and covered the hole with old widows in a triangle shape making it look like a roof on a house.On both ends I had hole so air would go through it. I put plants in giant containers and in the end got a big crop outta it. Drove the elks crazy lol they couldn't get at it.
That's the only kind of greenhouse I ever grew in.

I have a shed here but its way to hot in summer to grow anything...not to mention bugs and little critters. So I just put a plant or 2 outside in my backyard. Most growing I do indoors.

High kev

Yankee seeds
Breeder
I couldn’t find a combo green house shed wthat would work. The more I thought about it I think some sort of shed would be best rather than a combo. So what would be the best way to control the temps? Could I dig deep then build the shed. Isn’t that why basements stay cool in the summer time. Also insulate it well so the hot air stays in in the winter time.

sfrigon1

Seed Aficionado
I couldn’t find a combo green house shed wthat would work. The more I thought about it I think some sort of shed would be best rather than a combo. So what would be the best way to control the temps? Could I dig deep then build the shed. Isn’t that why basements stay cool in the summer time. Also insulate it well so the hot air stays in in the winter time.
Those sound like great ideas . Maybe u can make a plexiglass or fiberglass roof that u can grow in summer and cover in the winter .?maybe a piece of plywood w insulation board glued to it that u can cover the roof w ?

High kev

Yankee seeds
Breeder
Plants wouldn’t get full sun unless they were massive or the roof would be real low but if the roof is low neighbors or people in the yard would see so I don’t think it will work for me better off insulating real good basically make it like a house so I can control heat and cold weather and run indoor. Or just do a green house so it won’t look out of place. But I’m like if the shed idea better. I think building it in the ground will help cool in summertime and heat in winter time but Idk for sure.

sfrigon1

Seed Aficionado
Plants wouldn’t get full sun unless they were massive or the roof would be real low but if the roof is low neighbors or people in the yard would see so I don’t think it will work for me better off insulating real good basically make it like a house so I can control heat and cold weather and run indoor. Or just do a green house so it won’t look out of place. But I’m like if the shed idea better. I think building it in the ground will help cool in summertime and heat in winter time but Idk for sure.
Very interested , keep us posted!

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
You got 4 seasons to contend with. Enviriment is gonna be a huge factor. Moisture would be the issue with going down and being inconspicuous.
Itd have to be like a mini house. At least 2 lines of 20 amps for AC in summer and heat in winter. All thw other shit is common building shit. I'd walk you through a building feom the sono tube ☝ to the roof!!!