Greenhouse!

D

Deleted member 60

Congrats on your purchase.

I would treat it like a new grow room. Test all parameters for a few days >at the very least< before introducing plants.

IMO....You need a min/max recording thermometer set in there all day on a (typical) sunny, warm/hot day for your area to see where the temperatures top out in there. Without a doubt....it will be far warmer in there than it is outside.

You also have to consider that when you introduce containers/plants/water...your humidity is gonna spike...especially at night. It may even show itself without plants in there once the vents close (they are auto open/close, right?) just from the moisture coming up from the yard. Again...you will just have to monitor it and see what it does. In veg excess moisture may not be a huge issue...but in flower it's no good at all/has to be controlled.

But you're off to the races...that's for sure....:cool:

JaYMiTcH

Congrats on your purchase.

I would treat it like a new grow room. Test all parameters for a few days >at the very least< before introducing plants.

IMO....You need a min/max recording thermometer set in there all day on a (typical) sunny, warm/hot day for your area to see where the temperatures top out in there. Without a doubt....it will be far warmer in there than it is outside.

You also have to consider that when you introduce containers/plants/water...your humidity is gonna spike...especially at night. It may even show itself without plants in there once the vents close (they are auto open/close, right?) just from the moisture coming up from the yard. Again...you will just have to monitor it and see what it does. In veg excess moisture may not be a huge issue...but in flower it's no good at all/has to be controlled.

But you're off to the races...that's for sure....:cool:
Thanks for the info. So far I havent noticed moisture on the inside. Ive kept the windows open a bit. As far as window operation, its just a rod attached to the window. I open and close as desired. I also plan on introducing a fan if needed. I know I've asked alot from this group but what should I try to keep my temp around?