Gorilla Grow Spill Liner .... Waterproof?

iShatterBladderz

Cannabis Connoisseur
Hello all,

Just curious if anyone out there using a gorilla grow tent has ever tested to see how waterproof the spill liners that come with them are? I’m considering just letting my runoff drip into the liner and then shopvac’ ing it out of the floor. I’m currently using two 36” x 16” sterilite tubs to hold a total of six 3-gallon radicle bags on top of plant risers, then shop vac the runoff out of each tray. This works, but my plants are now transpiring enough on their own that I removed the humidifier from the tent and have some extra floor space to work with. In the past, ive just spaced the two trays apart a bit so i have more width to work with but they’re still more cramped than necessary length wise, so considering my options. I really don’t want to spend the money on a 4x4 flood table just to drip my runoff into but thats one of the options I’m considering. Also considering putting some pool liner down and just setting the risers on top of the pool liner, or if anyone has tested the spill liner that comes with these tents, it would be cool if I could just set the risers on top of the liner I already have.

Also, if anyone has an extra 4x4 flood table or two 2x4 flood tables, lets make a deal!

Hust17

PICK YOUR OWN
Not waterproof. I have one and didn’t soak it at all, just like small amounts of water left on it for a period and the reflective material will separate from the black material and it rustles with a fan, that’s why I have towels on my veg tent floor now.

So I would say no, do not plan to shop vac the liner.

I use plastic saucers from the hydro shop, they were like $3 each and they come in a few good sizes. They’re perfect for runoff if you can shop vac them out every watering :)

iShatterBladderz

Cannabis Connoisseur
Not waterproof. I have one and didn’t soak it at all, just like small amounts of water left on it for a period and the reflective material will separate from the black material and it rustles with a fan, that’s why I have towels on my veg tent floor now.

So I would say no, do not plan to shop vac the liner.
Good to know, would have rather the answer be yes, but a no is a little more definitive, i can cross that off my options. i‘ll probably end up biting the bullet and getting a flood table, its just crazy to spend that much money on something for my wastewater to drip into LOL

iShatterBladderz

Cannabis Connoisseur
Ya I would stay safe and get a full flood tray if you can.
I can, I just wanted to avoid it. Maybe I will get lucky and can find one second hand. I can make a runoff tray with some 2x4’s and some pond liner as well, but I don’t know how that would look and as silly as it may sound, I don’t really want something janky-looking as the floor of my tent

I don't do runoff. I tried it.......it didn't make any difference for salt build up. Ever since I have used Dyna-Gro I feed every 3 to 4 days in flower and never really had root lock problems since then.

Do you NEED to do runoff?

iShatterBladderz

Cannabis Connoisseur
I don't do runoff. I tried it.......it didn't make any difference for salt build up. Ever since I have used Dyna-Gro I feed every 3 to 4 days in flower and never really had root lock problems since then.

Do you NEED to do runoff?
I’m growing in a coco perlite mixture thats probably about 60% coco and 40% perlite, in radicle bags. It’s pretty hard to get to zero runoff in radicle bags. I don’t feed an egregious amount where i have a ton of runoff, but I usually get about 10% feeding twice a day. I’ve never ran coco without runoff to say definitively I need it, but it works for me and is what I’m comfortable with, I don’t really want to experiment on this grow now that I have flipped them into flower. I may do some tests on a plant in one of my other tents and see what kind of results I get feeding to minimal runoff.

socaljoe

Cocaine Cowboy
Here's an idea I was toying with...

You have the liner, right? My thought is something like this. Lay the liner out on a smooth surface and use Flex Seal to make it waterproof. Either using the spray cans or the liquid in a can that can be applied with a brush or roller, just coat the entire inside of the liner with it and let it set. Voila, waterproof liner. :LOL:

Anyway, it's just an idea.

hhibrownsbacker

Super Active Member
You can try OATEY Shower Pan Liner which is available at any Home Depot, Lowes, or bla bla bla. I use this liner and have never had a leak. Its easy to cut and fit, just make it say 54x54 for a 48x48 tent and let the couple inch extra lean on the sides of tent. This shit is hard to destroy. I drag plants around on it, drop plates and pots on it and it just keeps on protecting. When I first tried it it was a emergency situation so I doubled it up just to be safe and the top one hasn't leaked in two years but Id still probably use a double layer just to be over cautious. I used to worry about runoff from watering before but not any longer. If this stuff can stop a tile tub or shower from leaking it can handle a little run off from watering just fine.

Last edited:

iShatterBladderz

Cannabis Connoisseur
You can try OATEY Shower Pan Liner which is available at any Home Depot, Lowes, or bla bla bla. I use this liner and have never had a leak. Its easy to cut and fit, just make it say 54x54 for a 48x48 tent and let the couple inch extra lean on the sides of tent. This shit is hard to destroy. I drag plants around on it, drop plates and pots on it and it just keeps on protecting. When I first tried it it was a emergency situation so I doubled it up just to be safe and the top one hasn't leaked in two years but Id still probably use a double layer just to be over cautious. I used to worry about runoff from watering before but not any longer. If this stuff can stop a tile tub or shower from leaking it can handle a little run off from watering just fine.
Ah, I wish I would have seen this before I did lol. I did find a solution though, I found some underbed plastic storage tubs that are bigger than the tubs I’m currently using. with the two I found, the total dimensions would be 44” wide , 40” long, and 6” tall. Can fit 3 to each one like i am now and just spread them out better. I’’ have to look into the shower liner for one of my smaller tents, see which I prefer.

hhibrownsbacker

Super Active Member
Hope it helps. Try to "you tube" it and you can get a few ideas on installing it that fits your application. It comes on a 5' wide roll and you can get any length you need. Its nice doing a 4'x8' tent with one piece that has no seams to leak.

sandman83

Super Active Member
holy crud that stuff looks awesome...... I was going to buy a tray to put all my soil girls in but I could just put a lip on the table and make 2 4x4 sections of that instead.....much cheaper! Thanks!