Good return for watts ?

Ozjet68

Insanely Active Member
Being a newbie first time indoor attempt im not really sure what a good return for usage would be . I harvested roughly a pound off what I understand was 2 x 230W LEDs . The grow took about 4 months from seed to harvest . Is that reasonable ? Or ordinary ? No doubt I made a few mistakes so in theory I’d like to think I can improve on this . Also it was late winter into most of spring so temps stayed nice and moderate .

MtRainDog

Blümen Meister
Being a newbie first time indoor attempt im not really sure what a good return for usage would be . I harvested roughly a pound off what I understand was 2 x 230W LEDs . The grow took about 4 months from seed to harvest . Is that reasonable ? Or ordinary ? No doubt I made a few mistakes so in theory I’d like to think I can improve on this . Also it was late winter into most of spring so temps stayed nice and moderate .
That's pretty good actually. 0.5 grams/watt should be easy for most. You got closer to 1.0 gram/watt which is great IMO.

Ozjet68

Insanely Active Member
That's pretty good actually. 0.5 grams/watt should be easy for most. You got closer to 1.0 gram/watt which is great IMO.
Yeah I’m really not sure what the standard is for whats deemed a worthy effort . A couple of the strains yielded much better than others particularly the more Sativa leaning strains like Blue Dream . I guess all up I’m happy so it’s a win 🤷🏼‍♂️

Now1more

Super Active Member
I wouldn't worry too much about the numbers. There are way too many variables. Are you soil, coco, hydro? What nutes? Is the strain known to be a yielder or lean? Bottom line, just grow good stuff! I'd suggest to keep a notebook and learn from that. I use to record everything... temp, humidity, what nutes and at what ph. I'd temp my water, sing to them (which I'm horrible at), and would give some compost tea while depriving the same strain from it. It's a learning curve for sure. But, in time, you'll just know. I stopped keeping a journal. Mostly because I lost all my notebooks to a basement leak from a previous repair that failed. Logs got soaking wet and had to throw them out. I actually wish that I had them to look at now.

Ozjet68

Insanely Active Member
I wouldn't worry too much about the numbers. There are way too many variables. Are you soil, coco, hydro? What nutes? Is the strain known to be a yielder or lean? Bottom line, just grow good stuff! I'd suggest to keep a notebook and learn from that. I use to record everything... temp, humidity, what nutes and at what ph. I'd temp my water, sing to them (which I'm horrible at), and would give some compost tea while depriving the same strain from it. It's a learning curve for sure. But, in time, you'll just know. I stopped keeping a journal. Mostly because I lost all my notebooks to a basement leak from a previous repair that failed. Logs got soaking wet and had to throw them out. I actually wish that I had them to look at now.
I’m growing in organic soil . Mainly my own homemade compost mixed with a high grade potting mix with a few extras thrown in like kelp meal , fish meal etc. I’m not really too concerned with numbers but I figure if I’m chewing the electricity it’s good to have an idea if I’m getting reasonable value out of it . I sort of keep a journal but most of my lessons are stored in the good old brain box . Your right though with the variables . There’s plenty of them to factor in 👍

Now1more

Super Active Member
@Ozjet68 Good for you that you can keep it in your head. Mine brain feels like it's on loan somewhere. Lol. Organic is where I am and would not even think of putting chemicals in my smoke. Just breathing in is bad enough.