Good CBD strains?

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I need to grow a couple of CBD plants to help out some relatives. What is a great plant to grow that is high in CBD ? Something that grows short and is a decent yielder in an indoor environment.

It is going into edibles, topicals and oils.

CBD Durban looks pretty good to me but some of you know the exact right strains that grow well etc.

Thanks.

Flavor wise I would stick to the less weird and more fruity floral (less skunk and haze). But if its going in edibles you wont taste it that way so whatever works the best.

Hydro

PICK YOUR OWN
Anything with "Harlequin" in it should be a good CBD rich strain. I've never personally grown it, but have heard from more than one that it is a very good CBD strain. Likely only to find it in crosses though.

LordKoos

I've grown Nordle CBD and Heaven's Gate CBD indoors. The Nordle grows very small and bushy, average yield of tight brown buds that smoke nice and smell good. The Heaven's Gate is a bigger plant with a higher yield, it is more suitable for making oils, salves and edibles, as it's a shitty smoke, tastes kinda nasty and is harsh. I just sent for some Critical Mass CBD which should be a heavier yield than the Nordle but hopefully a better smoke than the H.G. The CBD Crew have good genetics. http://cbdcrew.org/seeds/

Last edited:

SoLowDoughLow

Mediocre grower
Thanks ! I see there are actually CBD strains that are 10 to 15% THC and 15 to 20% CBD. That will work tremendously ! I will grab some seeds and get one growing soon.
CBDcrew has some fantastic strains too.
I haven't grown it but away one point I was looking into cream and cheese by seedsman. I think it's like 18% or 19% for both thc and cbd

SaintyMcCunt

The Convict
Another resource is Sebring Seeds. He has Point Break which is a Sour Tsumani #3 x Gorilla Biscuit. It has a nice 3:2 ratio of CBD to THC. I just got some seeds 2 weeks ago so I can't comment on the grow or flavor but they will find a space in the garden soon. The seeds are free, you only pay for shipping. https://www.sebringseeds.com/online-store/Point-Break-CBD-3-2-CBD-Regs-p142883537
Cheers mate, just ordered a few. 4 bucks postage for free seeds, worth a crack
Hopefully they make it through customs 🤞20190717_130014.jpg

LordKoos

This seems like a hassle though --

"The high-CBD version of this strain remains a phenotype, with each seed offering a 25% chance of containing 10% to 11% CBD (and 6% to 7% THC). "

Not good odds if you're primarily trying to get a high CBD plant.

Baja.Beaches

Super Active Member
I will join in here, I have been chasing a THC/CBD balance for the last few seasons now.

I have been through a number of high CBD strains so far but not all phenos actually contain a decent amount of CBD. I have had a lot of trouble identifying the high CBD phenos without testing. I generally have not liked smoking them much. I want it for concentrates.

Most of what I have grown so far I have not really liked. I found one pheno last year that was a good candidate, Midnight x Black Lime Reserve but I did not realize it in time to preserve it.

I am still working on it, I have a couple strains growing now that I am optimistic about but if I ran into the right confirmed & tested cut from the right source that would be the way I would go. So far haven’t seen one from a source I trust.

LordKoos

That Nordle CBD strain that I mentioned is a really nice smoke and I imagine it would be great for concentrates as well. Supposedly for medicating purposes a 1:1 THC/CBD ratio is the best, which is what the CBD crew tries to do with their strains.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I dislike the taste of nordle. I went with some lemon potion from barneys seeds.

I made some edibles with serious THC buds and 15 grams of 28% CBD buds. All decarbed to their style (CBD takes a longer decarb).

The end result. Amazing. If you have someone that is scared of the high part it takes a lot less THC to be effective. I had as little has a 1/2 tsp over 6 hours for arthritic pain relief.

Autos really do have their place with the balance of CBD and THC they might make the perfect pain reliever for people with joint and foot pain.

wierdly

Fungas Gnat
Going to give the Cherry Wine from GPS a go. Ill post some pics when they get going.. I am going to juice leaves to save 200 bucks a month on CBD oil for my wife. Maybe make some oil too. Any one here made any CBD oil?

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I am very interested in that Cherry Wine. I will be watching how it goes!. I watched a video on the Ardent Nova machine. The point of it was CBD needs a longer decarb than normal weed. They said 2 cycles in the machine and then useable but you can probably find out online about it.
Then you just make infused coconut oil and add to baked goods (or eat oil), or everclear if you want it to be strong and like in a dropper.

Baja.Beaches

Super Active Member
Cannalytics supply. At home testing. Definitely not a “gold standard” for testing, but it allows the hobbyist to have a broad idea of what they’re working with. Let me know if I can help
I could swear I replied already but the post seems to not be here. Hmmm…

I had looked at the Cannalytics supply.site before & had trouble deciphering the CBD test part of it since all the kits seemed to say THC test kit. I felt like info was lacking on the site & could not find out much about them.

Did that standard kit also give you a good qualitative CBD test? Which kit did you buy? I have several high CBD strains going that I would love to test.

Cantbuymeloveuh

I could swear I replied already but the post seems to not be here. Hmmm…

I had looked at the Cannalytics supply.site before & had trouble deciphering the CBD test part of it since all the kits seemed to say THC test kit. I felt like info was lacking on the site & could not find out much about them.

Did that standard kit also give you a good qualitative CBD test? Which kit did you buy? I have several high CBD strains going that I would love to test.
The instructions are written like VCR manuals used to be back in the day... I had to call the guy up and get verbally schooled on how to do all the tests... you can test thc, cbd, cbn, and various other characteristics.