Give her ten inches.

Badddoin

Really Active Member
I make these goofy things here.

4FF93067-B62C-4A8A-895C-0A526E9E6CE9.jpegThey’re just made out of a piece of 18ga sheet metal, but I suppose you could make ‘em outta just about anything. I bolt them through the holes on top of LED lights - through the same holes that the fishing leader contraptions would attach. It allows the light to be raised up an additional ten inches or thereabouts, depending on the length of the original hangers.
8215FC4E-383B-42C6-809B-1781B9DECC8C.jpeg
Now obviously you lose a little stability by shortening up that geometry, but I make ‘em 3-1/2 to 4 inches and it’s plenty manageable.

Bobby_Resigliano

Violence. Speed. Momentum.
You have your own laser table at home? It kinda looks like it was cut with a laser from the light slag. I used to work in a metal fab shop. Nothing like making something from a hunk of metal.

Badddoin

Really Active Member
You have your own laser table at home? It kinda looks like it was cut with a laser from the light slag. I used to work in a metal fab shop. Nothing like making something from a hunk of metal.
I wish. Nah, these were cut with a fiddy-dollar Harbor Freight uni-shear, or whatever they’re calling them these days. What you’re seeing most likely is the grinder marks where I knocked off some of that gnarly burr. I, too, worked in fab shops when I was younger, mostly stainless restaurant equipment. Everyone should work with their hands for at least a couple of years, IMHO.

Badddoin

Really Active Member
Cool man thank for the tip. What brand led you got hanging?
That’s a Maxsisun MF 2500. Someone from this forum recommended it and I really like it. I’m redoing my veg operation, such as it is, and I wanted three more to run along that wall. There’d be about 14’ of tables under the 4 lights. Well - wouldn’t you effing know it - that light is no longer available. Someone had some used-like-new lights on flea bay so I took the chance. They’ll be delivered today. It’ll be interesting to see what I end up with.

Joebud

Insanely Active Member
Take pictures of the used lights so I can see. Do you have a light meter to check the output to the one you have?