GH waterfarm

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
Hi.
I have 1 GH waterfarm which i will use soon. I have had the thing for over a year and it will finally get used.

I think the standard waterfarm uses a drip circle which makes it kind of like Hydroreds tutuorial only a lot smaller.

I thought i had the older version so i have a complete upgrade kit for the waterfarm but mine is the new one so....

I should be able to make my own waterfarm with spares? I have various totes (5/8/10/15/20/30 gallon). I will pick one to be the res and use spares to make it work.

I would make it a hybrid of hydroreds setup and a waterfarm. It should work eh?

I am leaning to the 10 gallon tote because if the GH waterfarm works well at 2 1/2 gallons i think the 10 should rock it.

Am I missing something to make it work? I dont think so.

And i have 14 inch airstones so it will work and i can make a cloner out of that thing with the holes in it. :D

I have a lot of seeds so there is no rush to build a cloner but it will be a rainy day summer project this year for sure.

The XXL waterfarm will probably be finalized in may :D

20190424_065019.jpg

Hydro

PICK YOUR OWN
Hi.
I have 1 GH waterfarm which i will use soon. I have had the thing for over a year and it will finally get used.

I think the standard waterfarm uses a drip circle which makes it kind of like Hydroreds tutuorial only a lot smaller.

I thought i had the older version so i have a complete upgrade kit for the waterfarm but mine is the new one so....

I should be able to make my own waterfarm with spares? I have various totes (5/8/10/15/20/30 gallon). I will pick one to be the res and use spares to make it work.

I would make it a hybrid of hydroreds setup and a waterfarm. It should work eh?

I am leaning to the 10 gallon tote because if the GH waterfarm works well at 2 1/2 gallons i think the 10 should rock it.

Am I missing something to make it work? I dont think so.

And i have 14 inch airstones so it will work and i can make a cloner out of that thing with the holes in it. :D

I have a lot of seeds so there is no rush to build a cloner but it will be a rainy day summer project this year for sure.

The XXL waterfarm will probably be finalized in may :D

View attachment 4378
I may not get what you are planning, but Im confused on how you plan to use the parts? The hydrofarm drip ring works on air pumping into the tube and creating a syphon which draws the water up and into the drip ring and drips down into the hydroton. To use the 10 gal tote in a flood and drain type application, you will need to use a tote inside of another tote and have a submersible pump to pump water from the res (bottom tote) up into the flood tray (top tote).

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I will look into this further. I am not sure what i will do with it. I was thinking of making the two tote system and using the pipes and fittings from the waterfarm kit to make it work. I have air pumps and submersable aquarium pumps so I think I can make it work like a giant waterfarm or just make it a flood and drain system which sounds a lot easier anyway.
I have this spare pack and it has the tube to see how full the res is and I think the rest of the tubes i can use to make a flood and drain out of spares.

Attachments

Hydro

PICK YOUR OWN
I will look into this further. I am not sure what i will do with it. I was thinking of making the two tote system and using the pipes and fittings from the waterfarm kit to make it work. I have air pumps and submersable aquarium pumps so I think I can make it work like a giant waterfarm or just make it a flood and drain system which sounds a lot easier anyway.
I have this spare pack and it has the tube to see how full the res is and I think the rest of the tubes i can use to make a flood and drain out of spares.
That kit wont work for a flood and drain. The halo drip system is pretty much for a single plant and works from an air pump.

Hydro

PICK YOUR OWN
If you are wanting to do a flood and drain, you will need two totes of the same manufacturer and style, a submersible pump (around 150gph typically), a 1/2" fill - 3/4 drain ebb and flow kit, & some 1/2" tubing to connect the pump to the fill bulkhead. Let me know what you want to do, how big of space, budget, how many plants etc and I can help you figure out something inexpensive and effective for you.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I need the ebb and flow kit. And the tubing. I have totes all over the place and i just need to find the right nesting combo.
I still might use the 10 gallon tote with a smaller tote cut into the lid with drain holes holding the hydroton. And use the GH waterfarm to make it work like the orignal. With a drip circle. If the drip circle doesnt work its twice as big as my other bubble bucket :)

maybe i can run a split hose to run the drip circle and an airstone.

It isnt of much use otherwise. I have to macgyver something out of it. And it would make a really crappy bong :D

I like the approach of doing it yourself, eg. KISS motto, hence the GH articles have always been overpriced and since they are easy to copy/alter etc. thats the way to go..