Get anything good from the 4/20 sales?

baldmountain

Super Active Member
I didn't actually buy anything on 4/20.

There were some good deals on seeds. But I have lots of seeds, including packs I haven't opened yet, so I didn't buy any seeds.

I did take advantage of Dynavap's 20% off sale and get a second M vaporizer (2019 model) for $30 when you buy one. The Dynavap sale runs all month. And I got a Spider Farmer SF-1000 for $159 which seems to be the new price.

Did you get anything good?

D

Deleted member 60

With GLO still cranking out cheap packs....I didn't even consider checking out the other sellers "420 sales" this year.

Not that I'm buyin'...but if I was....

JohnFonda

Tegrity Greenthumb
I just grabbed some more obs to search through cause i haven't kept clones and had to stop before I ended up with 20 different stardog blends, and 10 punch blends. Exaggerating but its damn near close. Gonna start reaching other places to expand the arsenal in other directions.

sfrigon1

Seed Aficionado
I didn't actually buy anything on 4/20.

There were some good deals on seeds. But I have lots of seeds, including packs I haven't opened yet, so I didn't buy any seeds.

I did take advantage of Dynavap's 20% off sale and get a second M vaporizer (2019 model) for $30 when you buy one. The Dynavap sale runs all month. And I got a Spider Farmer SF-1000 for $159 which seems to be the new price.

Did you get anything good?
Sweet ! I almost grabbed a 2000 but opted for the cheaper version. Such great reviews! Congrats

sfrigon1

Seed Aficionado
Hey I need some advice on the light I grabbed . Anyone please 😊. Just git a 240 qb w 3000k . Am using for bloom only . Is the 3500 plus the 660 nm and uv needed . Did I get the wrong one ? Sorry wrong thread btw

D

Deleted member 60

Gonna have to check glo out next. Been stuck on greenpoint the prices are hard to beat sometimes. @baldmountain That dynavap seemed interesting for sure. It seemed complicated but it's so popular it must hit like a champ!.
GLO and their $25-30 packs/continuous sale just can't be beat, IMO. No Gold membership/huge $$$ need to be spent >before< you get the deal. I like GPS and their wares but if you don't buy there all the time you pay full price. I refuse to do that in this day and age. Thus I have a buncha packs from GLO and very few packs from GPS in the mix here. The Economy of scale GLO has seems to be working for them. I know I don;t go to the other banks and shop as I did only a year ago....and I suspect others can say the same thing.

But it's all good. Sure not like the old days when you had NO choices and NO banks to buy from other than the scheisters across the pond...

sfrigon1

Seed Aficionado
GLO and their $25-30 packs/continuous sale just can't be beat, IMO. No Gold membership/huge $$$ need to be spent >before< you get the deal. I like GPS and their wares but if you don't buy there all the time you pay full price. I refuse to do that in this day and age. Thus I have a buncha packs from GLO and very few packs from GPS in the mix here. The Economy of scale GLO has seems to be working for them. I know I don;t go to the other banks and shop as I did only a year ago....and I suspect others can say the same thing.

But it's all good. Sure not like the old days when you had NO choices and NO banks to buy from other than the scheisters across the pond...
We are so lucky now , seriously. Back in 98 I had to drive to Toronto to get seeds from a bank. And I thought man am I lucky to be able to buy any strain I want!! . Now is like the wild wild west of genetics. Just bought a 50 dollar in house pack !! . When I went to Toronto I payed 900 for 30 seeds . Lol. I got super silver haze, Sweettooth and jack herer btw 😁

Last edited:

JohnFonda

Tegrity Greenthumb

Judging by what I read you and heisens taste are quite different as well. I'm still relativley new to this hobby especially compared to most but the stretchy plants seems to be something chosen and sought by them. Idk how I really fell about it. Something about filling up space with branches seems counterproductive and unless you scrog or train super heavy, most those buds arent in the sweet spot. That being said I have enjoyed what I've grown.

sfrigon1

Seed Aficionado
Judging by what I read you and heisens taste are quite different as well. I'm still relativley new to this hobby especially compared to most but the stretchy plants seems to be something chosen and sought by them. Idk how I really fell about it. Something about filling up space with branches seems counterproductive and unless you scrog or train super heavy, most those buds arent in the sweet spot. That being said I have enjoyed what I've grown.
I'm trying to train a stretchy gal right now and it's interesting to say the least

JohnFonda

Tegrity Greenthumb
I'm trying to train a stretchy gal right now and it's interesting to say the least
Have you flipped yet. I've flipped around before knee height and they end up as or taller than me. Probably 5 ft without the pots. With these genetics i feel less is more when dealing with plant per tent. If you spread that 5 ft out horizontally you can have a lot of nug in the prime zone. Never going more than 4 in a 4x4 ever again unless they are indica doms or short phenos.