Game changer!

Badddoin

Really Active Member
I know I’m going to have to do something. I’m hand feeding, twice a day, and sucking up the drainage out of the pans with a shop vac.

I have, however, started a bunch of clones and a couple seedlings in soil, and I must say that watering them (with tap water) every few days is kinda cool.

PuffTheMagic

Super Active Member
I know I’m going to have to do something. I’m hand feeding, twice a day, and sucking up the drainage out of the pans with a shop vac.
How big are your pots and what medium are you growing in. I have been using 5gal fab pots to flower in and those hold a lot of water. I mix my nutrients in a 37gal garbage can then pump out with a submersible... I between 10 plants, 30gal of water disappears into those pots and nearly nothing comes out the bottom. I need to water every few days, especially once flowering.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
How big are your pots and what medium are you growing in. I have been using 5gal fab pots to flower in and those hold a lot of water. I mix my nutrients in a 37gal garbage can then pump out with a submersible... I between 10 plants, 30gal of water disappears into those pots and nearly nothing comes out the bottom. I need to water every few days, especially once flowering.
3 gallons of water is a LOT of water for soil in 5 gallon pots. My 10 gallon pots only go through 1-2 liters a day which would be under a gallon every few days.

Badddoin

Really Active Member
I’m currently growing in 3 gallon fabric pots with coco. I’m aiming for some kind of half-assed perpetual grow. The other thing worth nothing I think is that I’m an absolute noob. Just started in December. So when I ask something like
what are you doing for drainage?
It’s not a critique in any way. I’m gathering information. That’s it.
I’ve been feeding twice a day (it was 3-4 times a day) primarily as a result of reading this article. It made sense to me.

At this point, I think it makes the most sense for me to transition to soil. Right now, everything I have in coco is in a flower tent.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I’m aiming for some kind of half-assed perpetual grow.
If you want perpetual harvests it's about spaces and not growing style. You need at least a veg and a flower tent, but if you only have one flower tent you would need to run it partially empty at first then add a plant every month or so. Having a veg area to keep plants ready to fill in after a chop is where the perpetual starts.

PuffTheMagic

Super Active Member
3 gallons of water is a LOT of water for soil in 5 gallon pots. My 10 gallon pots only go through 1-2 liters a day which would be under a gallon every few days.
Environment and plant sizes probably has a lot to do with it as well. The space my grow tents are in has a very low RH during the winter so it has been very difficult satisfying their thirst. Inside the tents, the temps are in low 80s when the lights are on.

PuffTheMagic

Super Active Member
If you want perpetual harvests it's about spaces and not growing style. You need at least a veg and a flower tent, but if you only have one flower tent you would need to run it partially empty at first then add a plant every month or so. Having a veg area to keep plants ready to fill in after a chop is where the perpetual starts.
I do a perpetual harvest. In the past I used my 2x4 as my veg tent, it has a single Mars Hydro SP3000 and then I used a 5x5 with a Spider Farmer SF-4000 in my flower tent. This year I have added a 3rd tent. I now flower in a 4x8 with 2 SF-4000 lights. My 5x5 is now my veg tent with a Mars Hydro FC-E4800 and the 2x4 tent is used for chucking.

Harvest every 3 months :D