Frost damage and mold acceleration

Fiddler's Green

Just a regular vato
Good evening everyone,

After some web surfing I couldn't find any specific examples so I ask the question for those who may have experienced the same thing. Is mold development and rot accelerated after frost damage?

The only thing I can think of is the cell walls damaged by the ice crystals developing giving the mold a bunch of areas to exploit.

Highland Rogue

Really Active Member
Sorry to hear about your frosty plants.

Not all plants get damaged the same by frost, but if your plant did suffer from the frost, botrytis licks it's chops. Yum.
There is some online info about frost / botrytis that isn't specific to cannabis. Berries and flowers and such, but the info. is transferable I believe.

Burned Haze

Really Active Member
Look into regalia next year. A stronger plant and healthier = the only way for success and prevention for no molds and budrot .

regalia makes your plant more healthy and gives your plant a inner defense a immunity for 7-14 days

since using on all my veggies and cannabis no matter what pheno or plant . No pm or budrot and mold issues and I live in a very susceptible area and cold region . i see many growers around me say they get 10-15% infection rate and that’s how much I used to. Now it’s 0% and my plants look better than ever

its worth every penny ( only tip is don’t buy at hydro store and get ”cg” label aka veggie and big at version . It will save you 30% and all their products are the same, just label laws. Not even different concentration )

another tip for anti rot and sucess, is to cut off the tops first right before a rain storm and let the mid range and bottom of the plant and let the rest of the plant “mature” since it will put the rest of its energy towards it since the tops are removed Inless the weather shows it’s not worth doing this step and you need to chop the whole thing down and the plant would be degraded from that get molded.

a great strain for cold is texada timewarp ( one of biggest Canadian outdoor ran) - grew this for 5+ years and kinda wish I kept it around

it’s almost bulletproof outdoors and can handle damn near snow and lots of rain without any budrot and have donkey dick buds and support itself . a true champ of outdoors , smells like earthy pine but it’s only like 15%ish thc (20 year old ran strain )

if you want something soo easy and better than autoflower and huge buds and the plants are monsters without any effort and the buds don’t Mold easily vs a indica . This is it