Freebies

Baron

Really Active Member
Who would have thought that using the term freebies could spark up conversations, but it has , so let me explain where I was coming from. I am still new at this, on my 2nd grow ever ( and 1st website to post on ). When I first started to research into buying beans, the idea of freebies was an unexpected surprise, so when I got them, I thought, wow at 10 bucks a seed ( another surprise ) this could be an expensive learning curve. I figured that I would start with the freebies, at least this way, if I completely screwed everything up at least I would have the expensive seeds to grow once I kinda figured things out. All of this, before I knew of the resources available to me here at CP. I have continued to use the term never thinking that it could be taking as anything other than a simple explanation of what I was using. I never meant anything derogatory or to leave the impression that I thought less of them. I thought of and still think of them as a great resource. After being on CP for just a short time and seeing the pride the Chuckers take in their good work and their great creations, I will no longer be using this term as a description of what I am growing, I will use the strains name. If m ignorance or stupidity has offended anyone, I do apologize

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I don't think anyone - including me - took it as derogatory. You seemed surprised that freebies brought fire. I think it is a regular occurrence here.

Only reason I brought it up was that the convo came up before, and some of the breeders on here don't even know why they decide what to choose as an "extra added gift", just a random thing with seeds that just as easily could have been sold. I asked!

So the whole point is that people new here shouldn't turn their nose up at someone offering free seeds just because they are free.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I think what I also mentioned elsewhere that should be included - If people put their name on a strain and it goes out to the public (other than testers) they are putting their reputation out their the same as if they sold them - it's their seeds and if they suck it'll be on someone's forum somewhere. Not a good business model,