Freakin' Nanners

Choco8

Insanely Active Member
Or is that the only bannaners?
I wish. Pairs of them are easily visible here and there. With 5 weeks to go, so...it's a goner. Really sucks because it smells amazing. I might just dry it in a safe place and see if I can squeeze something out of it just to see what I get.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Dang it. This Gelat.OG was just getting into it's groove, when suddenly...nanners. Just glad I caught it now. Always be on the look out for this shit I guess. Down it goes.

View attachment 88739

View attachment 88740
Those are nuts. These are nanners - they happen later, usually on almost ripe buds. And they never looked like nanners to me. I always thought it looked like barnacles.
1618540171627.png

Choco8

Insanely Active Member
Those are nuts. These are nanners
I'm not sure what you mean. Isn't "nanners" just slang for pollen sacs, or am I using the term wrong? These are already exuding pollen and look like little bananas.

EDIT: OK I looked it up so "nanners” are pollen sacs which grow from the middle of female buds?

Correct nomenclature aside, this thing is spewing pollen and is gonna die. :)

Attachments

Last edited:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I'm not sure what you mean. Isn't "nanners" just slang for pollen sacs, or am I using the term wrong? These are already exuding pollen and look like little bananas.

EDIT: OK I looked it up so "nanners” are pollen sacs which grow from the middle of female buds?

Correct nomenclature aside, this thing is spewing pollen and is gonna die. :)
The way I always heard it the bud ones referred to as nanners which are a late last gasp attempt by the plant to reproduce when it is almost dead. Usually it's late enough you were already checking trichomes anyway and harvest is a no-brainer.

And the nuts under the flowers are usually early to mid flower and it is a hermaphrodite. Some people pick them off, and some plants only do that for a week or so then stop. Especially if you only find them on the lower flowers or in the middle of the stem.

Doesn't matter, both are fucked LOL

Slowdrawl

PICK YOUR OWN
I grew out a Mekong High I think was from D.P. Kept the crazy thing going for 13 weeks trying to get some milky trichs, was total bunk.
Ended up with 1.5 lbs of crap bud, and found 1 nanner.

But I _DSC2756-crop.JPG