Forum Changes

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
As you guys have heard H asked me to admin the site for awhile. I know this will make some people here think differently of me but I just wanted to let you all know that this isn't something I asked for and I'm not getting anything in return for it.

I agreed to do it because I think this forum has a good group of people here who generally get along and I'd like to keep it that way.

I can't speak for H, but I think the reason he asked me to do this is because he was tired of seeing the bickering and trolling that has been going on between a handful of members here, and I was one of the people who was calling them out and asking them to stop.

I'm not planning on changing things here. The main thing I care about is that people treat each other with respect...and the majority of us do. I've already cleaned up close to 10 sock accounts that were used to troll others. I didn't take any action against those who created them, but I'm asking now that you don't create any more.

I just want people to generally get along here. If you don't like something someone says then fine...say your piece and move on. There's no need to constantly harass someone just because you don't like who they are. Don't shit on all their posts because you're pissed at them or don't like them. The :poop: reaction is there to tell someone they are acting like a shithead in the specific post you tag with it and isn't meant to be used to harass someone and tank their fake internet points.

These are going to be my primary rules going forward...
If anyone creates a sock to troll other members then I'm going to ban the sock and the person who created it.
If I see anyone constantly shitting on other people's posts then you will be warned and then banned if it doesn't stop.

I think that's pretty simple...right?

D

Deleted member 60

You obviously have full mod privileges And can see IP addresses..... Which some of us were not able to do. It's really hard.......No it's impossible.....to pick out sock accounts and clean things up when you don't have any information in front of you...... but whatever. You can only do so much with What you were given and when you weren't given anything you can't do anything. Duh.

Have fun tree LOL

larf

There are like 3 threads where any of this happens. Most of them are in the timeout section. I think staying out of it as long as it isn't spilling over into other peoples threads would have the same effect. I've never shit on a single post, btw.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
There are like 3 threads where any of this happens. Most of them are in the timeout section. I think staying out of it as long as it isn't spilling over into other peoples threads would have the same effect. I've never shit on a single post, btw.
That really is why I locked that thread in the timeout section.

Budder's thread is another one where some people felt it was ok to harass him just because they don't like him. I don't think I've ever had any issues with any of your posts, even in his thread, because you didn't harass him. There are other growers on this forum who have dirty grow areas but, for some reason, some people only had an issue with Budders dirty grow area and just continued to treat him like shit because he mouthed off when he first got here.

larf

That really is why I locked that thread in the timeout section.

Budder's thread is another one where some people felt it was ok to harass him just because they don't like him. I don't think I've ever had any issues with any of your posts, even in his thread, because you didn't harass him. There are other growers on this forum who have dirty grow areas but, for some reason, some people only had an issue with Budders dirty grow area and just continued to treat him like shit because he mouthed off when he first got here.
Budders gives it as much as he has taken it. I doubt he's asking you guys to do anything about it either. This started before chuckers. All of the newer members of this forum followed him from RIU.

My point is it has pretty much stayed in his thread. Or BK's thread. Or Padawan's. Or that sock account with the 16 big fat colors threads.

it seems like you guys think it's going to destroy the forum, but really it's caused more activity than this forum has probably ever seen. If everyone here wants to keep it small and tight, then I can see the problem. But I don't see any of the regulars complaining that it's affecting them outside of the borders of those few threads.

Last edited:

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Budders gives it as much as he has taken it. I doubt he's asking you guys to do anything about it either. This started before chuckers. All of the newer members of this forum followed him from RIU.

My point is it has pretty much stayed in his thread. Or BK's thread. Or Padawan's. Or that sock account with the 16 big fat colors threads.

it seems like you guy think it's going to destroy the forum, but really it's caused more activity than this forum has probsbly ever seen. If everyone here wants to keep it small and tight, then I can see the problem. But I don't see any of the regulars complaining that it's affecting them outside of the borders of those few threads.
I don't think H is too concerned about this forum getting huge with activity, especially since he doesn't sell advertising on it. It's really been more of a smaller forum with more of a close knit vibe.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I don't think H is too concerned about this forum getting huge with activity, especially since he doesn't sell advertising on it. It's really been more of a smaller forum with more of a close knit vibe.
This.

This is why a lot of old fuckers stay around here - less drama. It's more like what I hear the original overgrow was like, when a lot of todays 'famous' breeders were perfecting their craft and building a name. Free beans being traded back and forth, actual grow journals that show you growing the gear you want to sell, stuff like that.

And getting called out on wonky stuff with your plants or your grow was and is all part of the game. It's usually not to belittle anyone - but when they say "hey! look at my awesome super-fire bud from the last harvest!" and the comments lean towards

"you do see those nanners right?" or
"You do know that is powdery mildew don't you?"

You can own up to it and realize that your 4+ month love affair with that plant gave you some beer-goggles, or you can get ass-hurt and whine about being picked on.

Like when a dear friend says "don't marry that stripper dude!" :ROFLMAO:

DET—PDX

Insanely Active Member
Hey thanks for letting me back on. No more promoting stuff from here on out. I am education and community focused only. No more pictures unless requested, no more public give-aways. I understand now that I had been stepping on toes. If you guys ever have an issue just let me know and I’ll change my behavior. If you want me to support the site I’ll do that too, I believe at this point I already owe you guys, especially H an apology and have sent them personally. I’m sorry I got defensive, it’s not like me. I am renewing my resolve to reply objectively with facts without any emotion. I always want to be accommodating and cordial. I know my current F2 methods are a bit.. unorthodox.. but I’m doing the best I can until my facility completes, I never wanted to upset or deceive anyone. Please let me know what I can do to be better and I will do it. I will always be open and honest about my breeding and answer all questions in a way that is cohesive with forum rules. Thanks.

Heisen

Dont Need One
Admin
Hey thanks for letting me back on. No more promoting stuff from here on out. I am education and community focused only. No more pictures unless requested, no more public give-aways. I understand now that I had been stepping on toes. If you guys ever have an issue just let me know and I’ll change my behavior. If you want me to support the site I’ll do that too, I believe at this point I already owe you guys, especially H an apology and have sent them personally. I’m sorry I got defensive, it’s not like me. I am renewing my resolve to reply objectively with facts without any emotion. I always want to be accommodating and cordial. I know my current F2 methods are a bit.. unorthodox.. but I’m doing the best I can until my facility completes, I never wanted to upset or deceive anyone. Please let me know what I can do to be better and I will do it. I will always be open and honest about my breeding and answer all questions in a way that is cohesive with forum rules. Thanks.
Build your own audience like I did. Don't follow In The footsteps of some past members here that rode in on my platform I built and try and take a part of it with them after they dropped a load. Youtube, IG , Twitter all.that stuff works. Don't just use free seeds as motivation to gain loyal customers. They will take them but it will also devalue your brand. Eventually your gonna want to turn some profit to re coup all of your expenses. Let your work speak for itself. Positive and negative. It will all be out there. The internet never forgets.
Once you start to build up your own audience have some competitions. Forums are still a great way to do that. I don't mind if you give things away just don't use chuckers as your exclusive advertisement. I paid almost 300 a month to rollitup to advertise. I built an audience on YouTube with educational videos.
Just remember what I told you.

DET—PDX

Insanely Active Member
Build your own audience like I did. Don't follow In The footsteps of some past members here that rode in on my platform I built and try and take a part of it with them after they dropped a load. Youtube, IG , Twitter all.that stuff works. Don't just use free seeds as motivation to gain loyal customers. They will take them but it will also devalue your brand. Eventually your gonna want to turn some profit to re coup all of your expenses. Let your work speak for itself. Positive and negative. It will all be out there. The internet never forgets.
Once you start to build up your own audience have some competitions. Forums are still a great way to do that. I don't mind if you give things away just don't use chuckers as your exclusive advertisement. I paid almost 300 a month to rollitup to advertise. I built an audience on YouTube with educational videos.
Just remember what I told you.
Thank you for the advice man I really appreciate this and all that you have done I really do. Again I’m sorry I didn’t realize what I was doing.

oldsilvertip

Really Active Member
d. i've never have had a prob. one with the way you have been ,around me.thanks for the help, with my little grow by the way!ost