Flushing Plants Before Harvest Is Unnecessary says Rx Green Tech

KMOG

Always rockin’ at half mast
If you’re not over feeding, plants naturally flush themselves last couple weeks. Reducing feeding last week or two saves nutes and decreases risk of lockout and imbalance near harvest. I’ve noticed they start drinking less water on their own at the end of their life cycles as well. Overfed , unflushed weed tastes like shit. But no need to flush of everything is in check for sure. Just watch your n if you feed all the way throug.

So harvest date from final feed would also play a role....If a soil has nutrients added on a Monday, by the next Monday I chop....does that count as a 7 day flush since I didnt add nutrients prior to harvest. Or that can also be looked at as zero day flush because would the soil not have the nutrients needed to feed the plant for that week?

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
I guess this is true if you dont feed them HOT....because if you hammer the feed to them and dont flush or taper that right down...Those things can almost light themselves.

Sparklers.

I will continue to do it...I learned to not mess with my mojo but it is an interesting article!
Ooooo sparklers!!
I am smoking fully loaded buds. I dont see sparks?
Gh flora plus a couple bud boosters. Liduid kool bloom. I know U use alot of stuff towards the end. Maybe I will try a scrog and go for gwheels size rockets! Pew pew

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
If you’re not over feeding, plants naturally flush themselves last couple weeks. Reducing feeding last week or two saves nutes and decreases risk of lockout and imbalance near harvest. I’ve noticed they start drinking less water on their own at the end of their life cycles as well. Overfed , unflushed weed tastes like shit. But no need to flush of everything is in check for sure. Just watch your n if you feed all the way throug.
I love bro-science if I can find the root real science behind it. I repot my plants based on how often I need to water them, so I keep track of that.
I use a top-feed system that they only get about every week or so, different mixtures during different parts of the grow.
Once they are in late flower, they definitely slow down on the binge drinking. I soak the pots every watering, and like for them to dry out in ~3days. When it gets to ever other day I look at up-potting depending on the stage of the grow. Late flower it'll start extending to every 4 days or more. When I see that combination of slow drinking and mostly brown pistils I stop feeding and let them eat what they have.

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
I’m just gonna share my personal experience. I like to nibble on the leaves as i pluck them and the yellow ones always taste way more bitter than the green ones. Green ones are sweet and tasty. Yellow is bitter and salty. Maybe this in some way correlates with what this study claims. I used to think i should let them yellow but after tasting the leaves i gave up on that stuff but i’m a lazy grower and a light feeder so they fade no matter what hahha

Stoned Cold Bulldog

I can never tell much of a difference when I flush vs when I don't. I've had stuff not harsh at all with no flush, and I've had harsh shit after flushing for 2 weeks before lol
if all factors remained the same then you be the judge. if not then u should be able to figure out why there was a significant difference imho. espcailly if u can duplicate it with the same genetics.

Stoned Cold Bulldog

Using a little bro science this makes sense. Once a plant takes up nutrients you aren't going to pull them out with water. And for sure not from the flowers. So flushing just makes your plant hungry for the last bit of the grow.

If you are worried about salts and chemicals in your plants change to an organic soil grow. In the same way that I like the heirloom tomatoes from my local farm better than the mutant factory farm tomatoes from the grocery store I'll stick to a soil grow. Plus, I'm lazy and it's easier. 😁
it's not about taking them out from what we all assume. iyt's abouyt letting the plant use them up because they aren't getting anymore nutes. it's not the same thing. ijs my 1.5 cents