First Time Grower Mildew Question??

Drumsnjays

Can anyone tell me how severe this mildew problem is and how to resolve it? I think the plants look pretty good except a few nutrient spots and this white dusting of mildew...or whatever it is. I was told 1tbsp hydrogen peroxide to 1gallon distilled water solution sprayed liberally on the leaves will help so I’ve started that. I know mold/mildew will ruin a harvest, but I think it’s still fixable. Temp ranges 61-80 and humidity is 51%-73%. Week 4 flowering. Any thoughts are greatly appreciated, also any general observations for a newb.

Attachments

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
I’ve never experienced it myself, but pretty sure that’s Powdery Mildew, a real bitch to get rid of.
Google it and you’ll see what I mean.

Hydro

PICK YOUR OWN
There are a handfull of home remedies that will work to keep it relatively in check til harvest. You have it pretty bad though. Its usually introduced into a garden indoors one of a few ways.
1-you bring in a clone (unquarrantined) with it on it, and it spread like wild fire to everything else when the conditions were right.
2-You dont have enough exhaust/air movement/air exchange in your grow room and/or humidity is too high.
3-You have a powdery mildew source somewhere in the direct vicinity of your grow that is allowing a constant source for it to keep getting introduced (e.g.-being suck in through poorly insulated walls/under a door/overrun weeds or garden close by outdoors etc.

The spores for PM are going to be around us all the time inevitably, but you have to make the space inhospitable and rid any nearby sources of it the best you can. Continue a preventative maintenance even if you think you are ok. Like they say: "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure".

Drumsnjays

There are a handfull of home remedies that will work to keep it relatively in check til harvest. You have it pretty bad though. Its usually introduced into a garden indoors one of a few ways.
1-you bring in a clone (unquarrantined) with it on it, and it spread like wild fire to everything else when the conditions were right.
2-You dont have enough exhaust/air movement/air exchange in your grow room and/or humidity is too high.
3-You have a powdery mildew source somewhere in the direct vicinity of your grow that is allowing a constant source for it to keep getting introduced (e.g.-being suck in through poorly insulated walls/under a door/overrun weeds or garden close by outdoors etc.

The spores for PM are going to be around us all the time inevitably, but you have to make the space inhospitable and rid any nearby sources of it the best you can. Continue a preventative maintenance even if you think you are ok. Like they say: "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure".
Hmm... damnit. Alright so is this something that will ruin the harvest or make it unusable? I’m going to get the fuck on it...but I’m not sure if these plants are worth saving? I think airflow improvements and maybe pulling a plant or 2 will help with it. What remedy do you recommend for daily maintenance? Right now I’m using a hydrogen peroxide solution and spraying the leaves. It seems to help some. Thanks @HydroRed

Hydro

PICK YOUR OWN
H2o2 will destroy spores and bacteria.....along with organics. I'd recommend maybe using something called "Green Cure" (potassium bicarbonate) and use it according to the label. You have to get everything wet on the plant. Stems, stalks, leaf tops and undersides. The plant needs to be drenched from top to bottom.

Heres a couple things that may help if you arent already incorporating into your grow:
-Good air circulation/exchange and lowering your RH will probably help quite a bit. Theres formulas you can follow to make sure your air exchange rate in your room is correct based on the size of your room and what CFM exhaust fan you are using.
-I see you mention RH highs of over 70%. Try to keep the RH around 50% max during flower (definitely during lights off).
-Get rid of leaves that sit right on top of other leaves (leaf transpiration between overlapping leaves is a hot spot for PM).
-Get a fan that makes all the plants in the room "sway" and move.
Hope this is helpful and that you are able to remedy your PM issue. Best of luck!

Drumsnjays

H2o2 will destroy spores and bacteria.....along with organics. I'd recommend maybe using something called "Green Cure" (potassium bicarbonate) and use it according to the label. You have to get everything wet on the plant. Stems, stalks, leaf tops and undersides. The plant needs to be drenched from top to bottom.

Heres a couple things that may help if you arent already incorporating into your grow:
-Good air circulation/exchange and lowering your RH will probably help quite a bit. Theres formulas you can follow to make sure your air exchange rate in your room is correct based on the size of your room and what CFM exhaust fan you are using.
-I see you mention RH highs of over 70%. Try to keep the RH around 50% max during flower (definitely during lights off).
-Get rid of leaves that sit right on top of other leaves (leaf transpiration between overlapping leaves is a hot spot for PM).
-Get a fan that makes all the plants in the room "sway" and move.
Hope this is helpful and that you are able to remedy your PM issue. Best of luck!
Thank you so much 🙏
I’ll get on it